This game is a complete disappointment.

#101Pesmerga255Posted 1/18/2013 12:22:22 PM
Gmoney- posted...
Quote:Gmoney- posted...
Oh god, I loved this game. Just finished it and it was GREAT. Much better than the lame story of the originals with its overly Japanese looks and super cheesy opening scene in the third I couldn't even stomach to watch without cringing when my best of friends tried to show me the game.

The intro sequence for this game was pretty terrible. Honestly, the game would've been better if it started with Dante waking up.

@Japanese_Jade

Yeah that was just to show his speed and agility and to please the whiner fans by throwing a slice of pizza full of cheese into it.

But hey we all know if he was naked with just a red coat and shiny white locks you'd all salivate.

Did you just quote yourself?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#102MadigariPosted 1/18/2013 12:24:13 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Gmoney- posted...
Japanese_Jade posted...
Gmoney- posted...
Oh god, I loved this game. Just finished it and it was GREAT. Much better than the lame story of the originals with its overly Japanese looks and super cheesy opening scene in the third I couldn't even stomach to watch without cringing when my best of friends tried to show me the game.

The intro sequence for this game was pretty terrible. Honestly, the game would've been better if it started with Dante waking up.

Yeah that was just to show his speed and agility and to please the whiner fans by throwing a slice of pizza full of cheese into it.

But hey we all know if he was naked with just a red coat and shiny white locks you'd all salivate.

Did you just quote yourself?

Fixed that for you.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#103RichterB17Posted 1/18/2013 12:24:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#104Project5BossPosted 1/18/2013 12:28:35 PM
Again, entirely subjective.

This is getting old, glitches, dumbed down combat, dumber AI, less moves, lack of lock on isn't subjective. People who enjoy this have low standards.

Not even a little right. To begin with, this isn't the next step in the main series. Next, they haven't replaced anything. The same flavors are still being offered to you (DMC 1-4), in addition to this new one that you might or might not like. You don't like it, but rather than say, "This isn't for me. I'll wait until you come out with something that's more to my taste," you immediately lambaste those who do like it or are looking forward to it.

If this game succeeds, this is what we get from now on if we get another series. If this game fails, goodbye DMC. Capcom watered this game down to appeal to a wider audience and now they'll lose the original audience and possibly not even again any new fans.

Now, to be fair, both sides are harassing the other. This isn't an exclusive trait. Realistically, though, the way to move on from this is say, again, "This isn't for me. I'll wait until you come out with something that's more to my taste/closer to these older games," or "It's cool, you don't have to like it. Hopefully, they'll come out with DMC5 soon enough, and it will be closer to the older games."

Yeah, look what happened to Megaman. Look at what happened to RE6, Bionic Commando. Crapcom wants our money but can't be bothered to make a game good enough to warrant it. And pros are the worst side, either trolls talk about lolhair or blatantly ignore any valid complaints because they can't stand the reality that they like a mediocre product.

It's not hard. You don't even have to use the word "moronic" or be abrasive at all. (Or, wait...Is that hard?)

Oh it is hard, trust me.

Alright, Blanche DuBois, time to reel it back in. The only reason you're dealing with "low quality games" is because gamers refuse to pay more, but expect bigger and better all the time. Well, that's how business works: if your customers won't pay more, you have to appeal to a wider base to break even/turn a profit.

Define bigger and better. I don't care about graphics and fancy cutscenes and setpieces at the expense of good gameplay mechanics and depth in the character(s) I use. I don't really care about content like extra skins or anything of that. First and foremost if companies want me to buy a sequel, it should improve. All I see are gamers making excuses for developers who are lazy. If they want me to pay more, give me a product that justifies me paying extra. These products aren't worth it.

So, take your pick. You either suffer in niche gameplay quality so they can break even, suffer in graphic/audio quality so they can break even, or pay more for all-around better games so they can break even. Contrary to popular belief, game developers don't feed their families with good intentions alone.

Sorry but I couldn't give two ****s about a game developers family. These people aren't my friends or family. I don't give jack about them, these people feel the same about you, me and everyone here. They want our money, first and foremost. We are walking wallets to these asses. I don't owe them anything, if they came out and said. We want more money for this game and showed me a game with high enough quality that deserved that, I could honestly be convinced. But don't sell me watered down, homogenized, flawed, lazy garbage and expect me to shell out full price + DLC costs.

Too many people want to defend the people who don't care about them and only care about $$$ and not about their own interests. This mindset too is moronic.
#105Sony_7Posted 1/18/2013 12:35:33 PM
Me: Taizuku... *Coughs blood* W-why!? You said... You said you enjoyed your play through!

Taizuku: I did. But then I saw the videos. Did you SEE those glitches? *Pulls out katana from my back* Heh. Looks like you won't get the chance... Pro scum!"

Me: I trusted you! *Wheeze* We trusted you! There was hope! We had a chance!

Taizuku: Baka! Look around you! Open your eyes! Look at the sales! There is no hope! There is no future! They do not exist!

Me: You're... You're wrong! As long as a Dante exists there will always be hope!

Pesmarga: What are you waiting for? Finish him! You know he is wrong. As long as there are winners there will always be losers, as long as Capcom exists there can be no peace. Remember what I taught you.

Taizuku: I don't take orders from you *fatally slashes me* or him either.

Me: Remember-- CUH! Remember.... your gamer way.... *dies*

Taizuku: You were always a fool. As long as Capcom and reboots exist there could never be peace or hope. The Ninja Theory system was broken all along. The gaming cycle must end on my terms...
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#106DevilTriggerSSSPosted 1/18/2013 12:36:19 PM
ImYoungxD posted...
QQ. So much whining in this board.

your qq

stop qq
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjL2tMGmMdA
#107MadigariPosted 1/18/2013 12:43:32 PM
Project5Boss posted...

First paragraph response: (Too many quotes) I used to play games that required you to blow in the cartridge for minutes on end. They would also randomly freeze as a matter of fact. Combat was limited to two buttons and locking on was a joke because finesse definitely barely existed when you moved by blocks at a time. Your "low standards" is my "high tolerance due to upbringing".

Like I said. Subjective.

If this game succeeds, this is what we get from now on if we get another series. If this game fails, goodbye DMC. Capcom watered this game down to appeal to a wider audience and now they'll lose the original audience and possibly not even again any new fans.

Got a source for that infallible fact you're touting my way?

Yeah, look what happened to Megaman. Look at what happened to RE6, Bionic Commando. Crapcom wants our money but can't be bothered to make a game good enough to warrant it. And pros are the worst side, either trolls talk about lolhair or blatantly ignore any valid complaints because they can't stand the reality that they like a mediocre product.

See the last two responses for your first point. As for pros v. antis, I remember when "two wrongs don't make a right" used to be well-known. Geez.

Oh it is hard, trust me.

So I've noticed.

Define bigger and better. I don't care about graphics and fancy cutscenes and setpieces at the expense of good gameplay mechanics and depth in the character(s) I use. I don't really care about content like extra skins or anything of that. First and foremost if companies want me to buy a sequel, it should improve. All I see are gamers making excuses for developers who are lazy. If they want me to pay more, give me a product that justifies me paying extra. These products aren't worth it.

No, all you see is someone giving you a legitimate point. If the production values stay the same or get higher (hiring/maintaining quality programmers, producers, directors, etc.), you're demanding "bigger and better". If you weren't demanding bigger and better, you'd be satisfied if DMC was regurgitated time and time again like so many Calls of Duty. Know yourself and your expectations before you claim you're the exception to the rule.

Sorry but I couldn't give two ****s about a game developers family. These people aren't my friends or family. I don't give jack about them, these people feel the same about you, me and everyone here. They want our money, first and foremost. We are walking wallets to these asses. I don't owe them anything, if they came out and said. We want more money for this game and showed me a game with high enough quality that deserved that, I could honestly be convinced. But don't sell me watered down, homogenized, flawed, lazy garbage and expect me to shell out full price + DLC costs.

Too many people want to defend the people who don't care about them and only care about $$$ and not about their own interests. This mindset too is moronic.

What a chip on your shoulder. "I couldn't give two ****s." Haha. Nice. Brush off the point all you like; it's a confirmed fact that most games these days are break even to minimal profit, and that's assuming they're successful. Also, yes, they want your money, first and foremost. Now, are they going to get that money from a higher-price, higher quality game that appeals to a niche (less sales for same money), or from a lower-price, homogenized-for-everyone game (more sales for same money)? Like I said before you went on a tirade. Your call, boss.
---
#108-BrokenSpiral-Posted 1/18/2013 12:50:38 PM
Project5Boss posted...
Again, entirely subjective.

This is getting old, glitches, dumbed down combat, dumber AI, less moves, lack of lock on isn't subjective. People who enjoy this have low standards.

this. People just hide behind "it's all subjective" to escape the cold, hard truths.
---
Tales only wishes it could match Ys. - lennethsoki
#109MadigariPosted 1/18/2013 1:06:30 PM(edited)
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
This. People just hide behind "it's all subjective" to escape the cold, hard truths.

Oh, I'm not contesting those points. However, people -can- still like them for any number of reasons. Off the top of my head, maybe the person scarcely plays video games and has no basis to compare them to. Maybe the person enjoys the gameplay, regardless of its flaws. Maybe the person has a wide range of what is acceptable to them. Maybe, like me, they just have a remembrance of what gaming used to be like and kind of wonder how other gamers would have coped in the NES/SMS era.

It's not those points that are subjective. It's how someone responds to them or views them that is entirely subjective. To someone who's never played any of the other DMC games, for example, they have no basis for comparison, so they don't see it as a fault. Only part of the game, no more and no less.

EDIT: To put it another way, "DmC has easier combat than the other DMC games." This is objective. "DmC has easier combat than the other DMC games, and that makes it a subpar game." That is subjective.
---
#110Project5BossPosted 1/18/2013 1:11:39 PM
I used to play games that required you to blow in the cartridge for minutes on end. They would also randomly freeze as a matter of fact. Combat was limited to two buttons and locking on was a joke because finesse definitely barely existed when you moved by blocks at a time. Your "low standards" is my "high tolerance due to upbringing".

You can't be serious. Those were times when T-Rex was still killing Triceratops, we had DMC3 and 4, games with fluid, fast combat, tons of moves, tons of options, a proper lock on and style. I played games when I could outright embarrass hordes of enemies, taunt them or just wipe them away with my most powerful attacks and I got good enough that I could do it while taking minimal damage. There are people who are far better than me who can parry nearly anything in the entire game. That is godlike stuff, because the game has all kinds of subtle nuances, when good/great players are fighting, the game ends up looking like an over the top tv show or movie. That organic style is something that can't be replicated with set pieces and cookie cutter cutscenes.

Like I said. Subjective.

No, it is a matter of low standards vs high standards. What you think is the better mindset is what is subjective. Stop hiding behind that word to validate a mediocre title. Your enjoyment is subjective not the fact that the game is inferior to titles before it that bare the same name.

Got a source for that infallible fact you're touting my way?

The source is history, the source is observing Capcom's piss poor decisions when it comes to their business model. DMC4 sold the most of any DMC game yet Capcom still outsourced it, do you really think they're going to give us a DMC5 especially if this game makes no money? They wanted the CoD drones, if they don't get them, Capcom is done.

So I've noticed.

Not every one of us can have the composure of Richard Dawkins.

No, all you see is someone giving you a legitimate point. If the production values stay the same or get higher (hiring/maintaining quality programmers, producers, directors, etc.), you're demanding "bigger and better". If you weren't demanding bigger and better, you'd be satisfied if DMC was regurgitated time and time again like so many Calls of Duty. Know yourself and your expectations before you claim you're the exception to the rule.

Except, DMC wasn't even regurgitated, it was downgraded which shot your point in the leg. Do you even know the kind of games I like and the way I like them? No. Then stop assuming. I want better games, I don't want games that try to be movies.

What a chip on your shoulder. "I couldn't give two ****s." Haha. Nice. Brush off the point all you like; it's a confirmed fact that most games these days are break even to minimal profit, and that's assuming they're successful. Also, yes, they want your money, first and foremost. Now, are they going to get that money from a higher-price, higher quality game that appeals to a niche (less sales for same money), or from a lower-price, homogenized-for-everyone game (more sales for same money)? Like I said before you went on a tirade. Your call, boss.

Yeah, the problem with every idiot company trying to be EA is that when their brilliant casual appeal plan flops, what then genius? Alienate your dedicated fanbase to appeal to apathetic people who only buy 1 game a year(CoD) and if/when your sales flop, what is the excuse then?

Keep on being an apologist for people selling you snake oil. Blame fans for the woes of the developer.