This game is a complete disappointment.

#111XDecimoXPosted 1/18/2013 1:14:54 PM
Sony_7 posted...
Me: Taizuku... *Coughs blood* W-why!? You said... You said you enjoyed your play through!

Taizuku: I did. But then I saw the videos. Did you SEE those glitches? *Pulls out katana from my back* Heh. Looks like you won't get the chance... Pro scum!"

Me: I trusted you! *Wheeze* We trusted you! There was hope! We had a chance!

Taizuku: Baka! Look around you! Open your eyes! Look at the sales! There is no hope! There is no future! They do not exist!

Me: You're... You're wrong! As long as a Dante exists there will always be hope!

Pesmarga: What are you waiting for? Finish him! You know he is wrong. As long as there are winners there will always be losers, as long as Capcom exists there can be no peace. Remember what I taught you.

Taizuku: I don't take orders from you *fatally slashes me* or him either.

Me: Remember-- CUH! Remember.... your gamer way.... *dies*

Taizuku: You were always a fool. As long as Capcom and reboots exist there could never be peace or hope. The Ninja Theory system was broken all along. The gaming cycle must end on my terms...

I SHOULD BE IN THAT. I'M LIKE TAIZUKU'S BEST FRIEND EVER. I SHOULD BE THERE ALONGSIDE PESMERGA.

I'm like the stereotypical ignored guy of this forum. >.>
---
PSN - NeroTheDB
#112drclaeysPosted 1/18/2013 1:18:15 PM
Friends,

it seems like many reviewers seem to like this game. or at least think its ok. There are plenty of people here that like it.

So I think this complaint is not valid. Maybe you were expection to have the best game ever, and its just OK. But That might be a problem with you having the wrong expectations, and not the game.

The game is a roboot, so things have to change. some for the better, and some for the worse. but much of that is a matter of OPINION.

I guess if you dont like the game. Stop playing, sell your copy, while you can get some money, and move on to something you DO LIKE.

good bye.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#113Project5BossPosted 1/18/2013 1:24:39 PM
Friends,

I ain't your friend.

it seems like many reviewers seem to like this game. or at least think its ok. There are plenty of people here that like it.

No one with common sense takes a word out of a reviewer's mouth seriously. Ad revenue and paychecks rule their BS "opinions". Plenty of people here like it? Well almost twice as many don't, go figure, so don't go appealing to authority or popular opinion.

So I think this complaint is not valid. Maybe you were expection to have the best game ever, and its just OK. But That might be a problem with you having the wrong expectations, and not the game.

No one cares what you think because you're another full of **** poster. No one expected the best game ever, people wanted a game that improved on what the previous title delivered, not a downgrade. And in case you didn't pay attention, the head writer of the game had high expectations for this game. We're holding him to his word.

The game is a roboot, so things have to change. some for the better, and some for the worse. but much of that is a matter of OPINION.

Ideally, everything should be changed for the better. The only objective upgrade to the series was the pretty environments and those are literally the least important aspect of a DMC game.

I guess if you dont like the game. Stop playing, sell your copy, while you can get some money, and move on to something you DO LIKE.

Or we could not buy the game at all.

good bye.

Good riddance.
#114MadigariPosted 1/18/2013 1:34:24 PM
Project5Boss posted...
You can't be serious. Those were times when T-Rex was still killing Triceratops

Ouch. Calling me old is the one thing I -can't- refute. Anyway, again, I get the fact that you like those games more. Your points are valid; they, however, don't represent the basis of entertainment for everyone who will play this game. For a third time, subjective. So long as you keep saying it's a bad game as though it's a matter of fact when it's actually bad game by your (and many other peoples') standards (which is perfectly fine, by the by), I'm going to have to keep repeating myself.

No, it is a matter of low standards vs high standards. What you think is the better mindset is what is subjective. Stop hiding behind that word to validate a mediocre title. Your enjoyment is subjective not the fact that the game is inferior to titles before it that bare the same name.

Again, using your standards as the basis for judgment. I'm beginning to feel like you're wanting me to go ad nauseum on this word. Yes, you're getting it. Enjoyment is subjective. The rise or fall of quality as compared to other games is objective. How one takes that and what that says about their standards is subjective (and pretty biased too, might I add; people haven't exactly shown themselves to be disinterested parties in this matter).

The source is history, the source is observing Capcom's piss poor decisions when it comes to their business model. DMC4 sold the most of any DMC game yet Capcom still outsourced it, do you really think they're going to give us a DMC5 especially if this game makes no money? They wanted the CoD drones, if they don't get them, Capcom is done.

I'd rather adopt a "wait and see" approach before I rule anything out, but I can respect the whole "prepare for the worst" approach as well.

Except, DMC wasn't even regurgitated, it was downgraded which shot your point in the leg. Do you even know the kind of games I like and the way I like them? No. Then stop assuming. I want better games, I don't want games that try to be movies.

Yeah, the problem with every idiot company trying to be EA is that when their brilliant casual appeal plan flops, what then genius? Alienate your dedicated fanbase to appeal to apathetic people who only buy 1 game a year(CoD) and if/when your sales flop, what is the excuse then?

You misunderstand entirely. First of all, DMC wasn't regurgitated, that's right. Why? Because people wanted bigger and better. That was easy back when they didn't have exorbitant costs and huge games (as in, their typical "money maker" franchises) making little to no profit on a regular basis. It was easier for them to make advances, such as improved dodging, your DMC3 combat you recall so fondly, etc.; -because- they were turning profits on the games. My point stands because if they -had- spit out DMC in CoD style, you would have complained. You want better games, as you say, not cookie-cutter stuff that is easily replaceable with any other point in the series.

In addition, you're assuming I'm being apologist when I'm not. I'm stating a pure fact of the matter. Companies need money to survive. Gamers expect a bigger and better product, be it in graphics, sound, script, programming, gameplay, glitch-free, etc.. In order for the company to survive, they cast out a homogenized game, trying to draw in people who otherwise wouldn't be interested. Gamer complains, but still doesn't want to pay more money. Gamer could accept lesser quality, but won't do that either. Catch 22.

You're going to have to give up something if you want quality niche games again. Nothing to do with apologist, just a sobering look at the reality of it all.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#115testament067Posted 1/18/2013 1:38:20 PM
I see your point project5boss....

But your point falls apart for me simply because entertainment is subjective. I play games for fun. God Hand to me is the best game on ps2...along with GOW, RE4, and MGS3. A few more too.

I know God Hand has flaws...but it exceeded in ENTERTAINMENT....which made it awesome to me and worth every bit if my 15$. Excellent game for me

I don't count frames, look for glitches on YouTube, blame games for exploits in their combat systems, etc....I just choose to have fun. Same way I enjoyed genesis games. Never changed.

People complain about this "COD generation" because gaming has changed. I think that some of yall need to learn to have fun again and let folk enjoy what they wanna do. This honestly sounds like the old man syndrome "you youngsters don't know **** about gaming" lol. Same crowd that complains about twilight and bieber rather than choosing to enjoy what they like.
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#116XDecimoXPosted 1/18/2013 1:43:34 PM
testament067 posted...

But your point falls apart for me simply because entertainment is subjective. I play games for fun. God Hand to me is the best game on ps2...along with GOW, RE4, and MGS3. A few more too.

I know God Hand has flaws...but it exceeded in ENTERTAINMENT....which made it awesome to me and worth every bit if my 15$. Excellent game for me

I don't count frames, look for glitches on YouTube, blame games for exploits in their combat systems, etc....I just choose to have fun. Same way I enjoyed genesis games. Never changed.

People complain about this "COD generation" because gaming has changed. I think that some of yall need to learn to have fun again and let folk enjoy what they wanna do. This honestly sounds like the old man syndrome "you youngsters don't know **** about gaming" lol. Same crowd that complains about twilight and bieber rather than choosing to enjoy what they like.

Don't you DARE compare God Hand to DmC.
---
PSN - NeroTheDB
#117Sony_7Posted 1/18/2013 1:43:42 PM
XDecimoX posted...
Sony_7 posted...
Me: Taizuku... *Coughs blood* W-why!? You said... You said you enjoyed your play through!

Taizuku: I did. But then I saw the videos. Did you SEE those glitches? *Pulls out katana from my back* Heh. Looks like you won't get the chance... Pro scum!"

Me: I trusted you! *Wheeze* We trusted you! There was hope! We had a chance!

Taizuku: Baka! Look around you! Open your eyes! Look at the sales! There is no hope! There is no future! They do not exist!

Me: You're... You're wrong! As long as a Dante exists there will always be hope!

Pesmarga: What are you waiting for? Finish him! You know he is wrong. As long as there are winners there will always be losers, as long as Capcom exists there can be no peace. Remember what I taught you.

Taizuku: I don't take orders from you *fatally slashes me* or him either.

Me: Remember-- CUH! Remember.... your gamer way.... *dies*

Taizuku: You were always a fool. As long as Capcom and reboots exist there could never be peace or hope. The Ninja Theory system was broken all along. The gaming cycle must end on my terms...

I SHOULD BE IN THAT. I'M LIKE TAIZUKU'S BEST FRIEND EVER. I SHOULD BE THERE ALONGSIDE PESMERGA.

I'm like the stereotypical ignored guy of this forum. >.>

Sorry man, but Pes is the king of all Antis. Taizuku was a high ranking pro who turned anti so that's why he gets his own story line. I don't really know you however sorry. I only inserted myself in the post because I was the one writing the scenario. I'm not that prominent so I guess I didn't deserve it, but oh well.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#118Project5BossPosted 1/18/2013 1:52:16 PM
Ouch. Calling me old is the one thing I -can't- refute. Anyway, again, I get the fact that you like those games more. Your points are valid; they, however, don't represent the basis of entertainment for everyone who will play this game. For a third time, subjective. So long as you keep saying it's a bad game as though it's a matter of fact when it's actually bad game by your (and many other peoples') standards (which is perfectly fine, by the by), I'm going to have to keep repeating myself.

Bad in terms of DMC action? Irrefutable, unless you have the insane logic that less options and less mechanics makes for a better or equal game. Mediocre on its own at best. A lack of lock on is a serious flaw and it bites you in the ass as you play, that isn't a good thing. A game that gives you a high rank even if you play terribly and mess up a lot is not a good thing. A game with an outright broken mechanic is not a good thing. The problem is, this game uses the names of characters from a series we know and it uses the name of that series. We have something to compare it to and by comparison it is bad. Not DMC2 bad but still bad. A more recent entry should not give us less.

Again, using your standards as the basis for judgment. I'm beginning to feel like you're wanting me to go ad nauseum on this word. Yes, you're getting it. Enjoyment is subjective. The rise or fall of quality as compared to other games is objective. How one takes that and what that says about their standards is subjective (and pretty biased too, might I add; people haven't exactly shown themselves to be disinterested parties in this matter).

See the above post. You and every other pro's arguments shatters to shards when this game is compared to 3 and 4. Then you have to copout using that convenient word called subjective aka I don't have to admit I like an inferior title because it is all subjective.

I'd rather adopt a "wait and see" approach before I rule anything out, but I can respect the whole "prepare for the worst" approach as well.

If this was the first instance of Capcom derp, I'd wait and see but we're way past that point.

You misunderstand entirely. First of all, DMC wasn't regurgitated, that's right. Why? Because people wanted bigger and better. That was easy back when they didn't have exorbitant costs and huge games (as in, their typical "money maker" franchises) making little to no profit on a regular basis. It was easier for them to make advances, such as improved dodging, your DMC3 combat you recall so fondly, etc.; -because- they were turning profits on the games. My point stands because if they -had- spit out DMC in CoD style, you would have complained. You want better games, as you say, not cookie-cutter stuff that is easily replaceable with any other point in the series.

DMC4 was lazy in a lot of areas, the combat wasn't however. It was slightly superior to DMC3. And it happened to sell the most out of the entire series. What is the excuse now? Note that story for me is at the bottom of my list, I simply wanted more styles and different weapons to embarrass enemies with. I would have gotten DmC at some point if the story was the same but the action delivered, it did not. And there's several breakdown vids on YT which showcase this.
#119Project5BossPosted 1/18/2013 1:52:23 PM
In addition, you're assuming I'm being apologist when I'm not. I'm stating a pure fact of the matter. Companies need money to survive. Gamers expect a bigger and better product, be it in graphics, sound, script, programming, gameplay, glitch-free, etc.. In order for the company to survive, they cast out a homogenized game, trying to draw in people who otherwise wouldn't be interested. Gamer complains, but still doesn't want to pay more money. Gamer could accept lesser quality, but won't do that either. Catch 22.

I'd rather they go out of business than they expect me to pay the same price(or more if you could DLC) for an inferior product. It is a rip off. Why are we considering the plight of people who don't consider jack about us? I never understood this, why should I have to be a mature, understanding consumer when these a-holes are anything but mature and understanding. Tameem and Capcom took every opportunity to be condescending and arrogant in interviews about this game. We're treated like idiots and yet we're expected to not only spend our money but be considerate, understanding and never complain about anything ever? When since we were the loyal subjects of these people?

How about this. Instead endless sequels or reboots, why not make a new IP altogether? That way you can start small and build up again. The problem is that, that would require the entertainment industry as a whole to no longer be a nebulous blackhole of creativity.

You're going to have to give up something if you want quality niche games again. Nothing to do with apologist, just a sobering look at the reality of it all.

The reality is, until these jackasses start making a huge effort to show a willingness to produce a higher caliber of games I will continue to mercilessly bash them and anyone who irrationally defends them. Capcom, EA and Activision for a long time have been getting away with murder and idiotic fanboys support this. Hitler didn't need to bother with war and genocide, all he needed to do was become a video develop/publisher.
#120testament067Posted 1/18/2013 2:03:02 PM
XDecimoX posted...
testament067 posted...

Don't you DARE compare God Hand to DmC.

I just did...lol wtf you gonna do
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg