This game is a complete disappointment.

#121Project5BossPosted 1/18/2013 1:03:35 PM
I see your point project5boss....

But your point falls apart for me simply because entertainment is subjective. I play games for fun. God Hand to me is the best game on ps2...along with GOW, RE4, and MGS3. A few more too.

The problem with this mentality is that people like you are naturally more common than people like me. You know what that means? More braindead games, less games with actual depth and the ones with the depth usually won't have a concept that appeals to me. I don't like Bayonetta because playing as some hooker in spandex isn't cool to me. Playing as pretty boy Dante was a little annoying but I could deal with it.

So now every game will be watered down to appeal to the lowest common denominator aka people like the pros on this board.

I know God Hand has flaws...but it exceeded in ENTERTAINMENT....which made it awesome to me and worth every bit if my 15$. Excellent game for me

Whoop-tee-do for you. I enjoy movies like Crocodile, Crocodile 2 and the Anaconda series but that doesn't make them any less stupid and terrible.

I don't count frames, look for glitches on YouTube, blame games for exploits in their combat systems, etc....I just choose to have fun. Same way I enjoyed genesis games. Never changed.

Yeah but I do because I derive my fun the deeper I can go into a game. Shallow games are terribly boring and not worth money I could have invested into something that could have use for much longer. You beat a shallow game and then what? It catches dust underneath the bed? Do you return it?

People complain about this "COD generation" because gaming has changed.

Changed for the worse.

I think that some of yall need to learn to have fun again and let folk enjoy what they wanna do.

How are we supposed to have fun with braindead entertainment that holds your hand and treats you like a moron? How are you supposed to have fun with the same repetitive garbage with no room for experimentation or discovery.

This honestly sounds like the old man syndrome "you youngsters don't know **** about gaming" lol. Same crowd that complains about twilight and bieber rather than choosing to enjoy what they like.

When modern entertainment is an endless conveyer belt of banality it is hard to find things you enjoy. And you can call me elitist or whatever label is convenient for you right now but it sucks when you are bombarded with trite, surface level horse **** and then every single thing these days has to be neutered so people with low standards are encouraged to spend money on it. And the more people like you encourage others the lower their standards, the more I am blinded by the reflective light from the sun shining off the toothy grins of fat, greedy old men in Japan and the USA who are happy that they can put in the least amount of effort for maximum profit.

I hope you still have this disposition when every game ever is Heavy Rain style in the next 5 years.

1000 years from now, humans will look back on 07-present as generation braindead assuming of course they aren't even dumber than we currently are.
#122GigantLuffyPosted 1/18/2013 1:08:29 PM
Fusionnojutsu posted...
The game is bad in your opinion. Plenty of us love it and want more. Face it.

HAHAHA! LINK ME TO THE PAGE WHERE YOU ORDER YOUR DRUGS BECAUSE YOU MUST BE IN DENIAL IF YOU THINK MORE PEOPLE WANT THIS GAME!

In all seriousness, what sort of drug do you take?
---
"STRANGE ISN'T IT" - Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Gundam Musou 3, GODDAMN BATMAN CITY GOTY
#123sworderPosted 1/18/2013 1:08:37 PM
Taizuku finally came around

I was the same. I was excited about this game, but the more they showed the more I disliked it.
#124malicemizerfanPosted 1/18/2013 1:09:40 PM
Welcome to the hate club, Taizuku!
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#125DuuuDe14Posted 1/18/2013 1:09:43 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
gamer6879403333 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Aww. That's cute. He's still using terms like "pro" and "anti".

I'm not even taking you seriously. DuuuDe had this-

"Pes has flip flopped so many times its scary. I've already compared him to that one radical member of the group who you don't affiliate with but don't stop either."

to say about you. When another anti is saying you're just a crazy guy, it's a sign that you're not worth dealing with.

So, I'm basically Majima Goro?

Awesome, thanks DuuuDe.

Love you too Pessy.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#126XDecimoXPosted 1/18/2013 1:10:25 PM
testament067 posted...
XDecimoX posted...
testament067 posted...
I see your point project5boss....

But your point falls apart for me simply because entertainment is subjective. I play games for fun. God Hand to me is the best game on ps2...along with GOW, RE4, and MGS3. A few more too.

I know God Hand has flaws...but it exceeded in ENTERTAINMENT....which made it awesome to me and worth every bit if my 15$. Excellent game for me

I don't count frames, look for glitches on YouTube, blame games for exploits in their combat systems, etc....I just choose to have fun. Same way I enjoyed genesis games. Never changed.

People complain about this "COD generation" because gaming has changed. I think that some of yall need to learn to have fun again and let folk enjoy what they wanna do. This honestly sounds like the old man syndrome "you youngsters don't know **** about gaming" lol. Same crowd that complains about twilight and bieber rather than choosing to enjoy what they like.

Don't you DARE compare God Hand to DmC.

I just did...lol wtf you gonna do

I'm gonna go murder people about it.

But no seriously, this game is complete ass compared to God Hand.
---
PSN - NeroTheDB
#127MadigariPosted 1/18/2013 1:17:53 PM
Project5Boss posted...
Bad in terms of DMC action? Irrefutable, unless you have the insane logic that less options and less mechanics makes for a better or equal game. Mediocre on its own at best. A lack of lock on is a serious flaw and it bites you in the ass as you play, that isn't a good thing. A game that gives you a high rank even if you play terribly and mess up a lot is not a good thing. A game with an outright broken mechanic is not a good thing. The problem is, this game uses the names of characters from a series we know and it uses the name of that series. We have something to compare it to and by comparison it is bad. Not DMC2 bad but still bad. A more recent entry should not give us less.

You and every other pro's arguments shatters to shards when this game is compared to 3 and 4. Then you have to copout using that convenient word called subjective aka I don't have to admit I like an inferior title because it is all subjective.

First of all, I'm not a "pro". I don't have the game, I'm not planning to get the game any time in the immediate future. I could care less whether you like or dislike this game, as I'm a "neutral" in the truest sense of the word.

Second of all, my arguments stand up. I had thought it was my phrasing, but I'm beginning to think you just have a bad habit of either not reading them or ignoring them to try and make your opinions come off as irrefutable fact. The title is inferior to previous titles. I've already said that. See?

Madigari posted...
Your points are valid; they, however, don't represent the basis of entertainment for everyone who will play this game.

You keep implying I'm copping out. On the contrary, I'm simply trying to point out that you need to curb your attitude and accept that people have different opinions than yours, and that fact doesn't automatically make them better or worse. The same can be said about your opinion in regards to people trying to attack it. This is a two-way street, not, "Shut up, anti, and take your antitalk with you!" in essay form.

And, finally, I try to explain the economics of the situation, and you keep telling me I'm telling you to support bad games or companies which push out bad games. Never once did I say that. I said you will have to give up something, because if you want the quality to stay up and keep moving that way, their expenditures will eventually outweigh any profit they're getting from games. In many cases, they already are. This will have to be offset with either making every game appeal to the lowest common denominator, or raising the price to maintain the same sales and keep in the black.

New IPs are exactly why I'm talking about it; most companies won't take that risk unless they have some safety net (made of Benjamins/Yenjamins) to fall back on. That's why we keep seeing the same stuff pushed out time and time again; at reduced/no profits, they're taking longer to build up that cushion. Frankly, I agree with you in that regards; new IPs need to start rearing their heads to stimulate the creativity within the industry.

Now, I'm calling it here. Both because A) We're just repeating the same thing and getting nowhere; and B) You just Godwin's Law'd yourself. Feel free to respond and I will read it, but I won't reply after it. Last word is yours to have.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#128Dark_EpathyPosted 1/18/2013 1:20:11 PM
So now every game will be watered down to appeal to the lowest common denominator aka people like the pros on this board.

Oh, dear. Your way or the highway, huh?

There's no argument to be had. Nothing I say will make me any more than a braindead consumer in the eyes of people like you.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#129GigantLuffyPosted 1/18/2013 1:31:33 PM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Taizuku posted...
Cephrien posted...
Taizuku posted...
Cephrien posted...
Didn't you just praise this game in another one of your topics?

You've said your words. Go sit down.

I gave it a 7.5, then saw a 6 minute glitch video, some terrible combat pathing, realized that Vergil's Downfall is a paid ending to this game...yeah, that kind of stuff can ruin your opinion on a game.

So because of glitches that have happened to other people and not you, the game is suddenly a disappointment.

What the hell is "combat pathing"?

-- and if you preordered the game it's free. Your fault if you didn't preorder. Also, even if you didn't it's probably going to be cheap anyway.

Stop being petty.

Regardless as to if it happens to me or not, glitches detract from a game's objective quality.

Combat pathing is part of an enemy's AI that makes it attack you, and decide the path it takes to attack you. These enemies have poor combat pathing and will frequently take the hardest route possible for themselves to kill you. As you saw in the Vergil fight, sometimes he wont even attack you, he'll just walk around you endlessly.

It's 9 dollars if you don't preorder, and you're right, people 2 years from now that wanted the DLC for free should've just preordered. People without consoles, should've just preordered. Didn't have the money at the time? Should've preordered.

But I"m the one being petty?

Skyrim? Completely bug ridden.
Fallot 3? Completely bug ridden.
Mass Effect series? Completely bug ridden.
Dark Souls? Completely bug ridden.
Red Dead Redemption? Completely bug ridden.
GTA4? Completely bug ridden.
Far Cry 3? Completely bug ridden.

Bugs happen dude. Letting one that happened to someone else effect you so much is kind of petty considering the fact that there's a reason why patches exist.
The DLC situation? Yeah, I understand it sucks, but if you've been a gamer for the last 5 years, you should know how common practice this is. Personally, I just feel like it's a bit late to be complaining about it considering how frequent this sort of thing is, but it's probably because I play an incredibly wide variety of video games (really only don't play RTS'. Otherwise, I play everything), so I see this happen all the time.

We should be oppressive to Pros!
---
"STRANGE ISN'T IT" - Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Gundam Musou 3, GODDAMN BATMAN CITY GOTY
#130Sony_7Posted 1/18/2013 1:34:48 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...

Oh, dear. Your way or the highway, huh?

There's no argument to be had. Nothing I say will make me any more than a braindead consumer in the eyes of people like you.

There's nothing more arrogant than describing people who enjoy different things than you "the lowest common denominator". That sort of elitism is sickening.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849