This game is a complete disappointment.

#131testament067Posted 1/18/2013 2:35:21 PM
Project5Boss posted...
I see your point project5boss....

But your point falls apart for me simply because entertainment is subjective. I play games for fun. God Hand to me is the best game on ps2...along with GOW, RE4, and MGS3. A few more too.

The problem with this mentality is that people like you are naturally more common than people like me. You know what that means? More braindead games, less games with actual depth and the ones with the depth usually won't have a concept that appeals to me. I don't like Bayonetta because playing as some hooker in spandex isn't cool to me. Playing as pretty boy Dante was a little annoying but I could deal with it.

So now every game will be watered down to appeal to the lowest common denominator aka people like the pros on this board.

I know God Hand has flaws...but it exceeded in ENTERTAINMENT....which made it awesome to me and worth every bit if my 15$. Excellent game for me

Whoop-tee-do for you. I enjoy movies like Crocodile, Crocodile 2 and the Anaconda series but that doesn't make them any less stupid and terrible.

I don't count frames, look for glitches on YouTube, blame games for exploits in their combat systems, etc....I just choose to have fun. Same way I enjoyed genesis games. Never changed.

Yeah but I do because I derive my fun the deeper I can go into a game. Shallow games are terribly boring and not worth money I could have invested into something that could have use for much longer. You beat a shallow game and then what? It catches dust underneath the bed? Do you return it?

People complain about this "COD generation" because gaming has changed.

Changed for the worse.

I think that some of yall need to learn to have fun again and let folk enjoy what they wanna do.

How are we supposed to have fun with braindead entertainment that holds your hand and treats you like a moron? How are you supposed to have fun with the same repetitive garbage with no room for experimentation or discovery.

This honestly sounds like the old man syndrome "you youngsters don't know **** about gaming" lol. Same crowd that complains about twilight and bieber rather than choosing to enjoy what they like.

When modern entertainment is an endless conveyer belt of banality it is hard to find things you enjoy. And you can call me elitist or whatever label is convenient for you right now but it sucks when you are bombarded with trite, surface level horse **** and then every single thing these days has to be neutered so people with low standards are encouraged to spend money on it. And the more people like you encourage others the lower their standards, the more I am blinded by the reflective light from the sun shining off the toothy grins of fat, greedy old men in Japan and the USA who are happy that they can put in the least amount of effort for maximum profit.

I hope you still have this disposition when every game ever is Heavy Rain style in the next 5 years.

1000 years from now, humans will look back on 07-present as generation braindead assuming of course they aren't even dumber than we currently are.

I'm not gonna argue with you. You seem to think gaming is going down the toilet because the more accessible games are becoming popular....and I HEAVILY disagree.

I think gaming has more variety, creativity, and challenge out there than ever before. But that's just me.

My WHOLE point...is to call one's standard "low" or their opinion "bad" because they enjoy a different type of entertainment than you is dumb. Fun is fun. And that's what games are for.

I won't try to convince you to like anything.
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#132Project5BossPosted 1/18/2013 2:46:18 PM
Oh, dear. Your way or the highway, huh?

In reality it is the reverse. It is the braindead casual way or the highway these days. Don't like endless CoD clones and shameless GoW rip offs? Well give up gaming then because there's nothing else available. It is funny because you could get through DMC3 with the basic rebellion or beowulf combo, so easy a casual could do it. However the game still allowed for a ton of options for players who chose to play stylishly. 4 was even easier but once again, you get things like making Credo look like a complete scrub. A well designed game can still have low enough entry for casuals to play their boring, brainless way. Yet these days every genre from FPS to fighters has to appeal to lazy players by law. That means, the only way to play is the scrubby way. No use trying to dig deeper, these games are as shallow as a shower.

There's no argument to be had. Nothing I say will make me any more than a braindead consumer in the eyes of people like you.

Well I have to be extreme, you'll do whatever you want to do regardless and perpetuate the problem. You'll keep feeding the lazy, greedy publishers and because they know you'll always keep settling for lower and lower quality, they have no incentive to make anything better.

In this particular area, people like you are my enemy, Collectively, you've ruined gaming. Now I'm off to go do one of the few things that can't be dumbed down by casuals.
#133bearded_moosePosted 1/18/2013 2:50:17 PM
i'm tired of fighting with unobjective bigots, so i'll just say this:

i was really disappointed in SC5 too. mostly i was pissed that they changed guard impacts.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
92EMPIRE92 is my new favorite.1/3/13
#134bearded_moosePosted 1/18/2013 2:50:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#135antking61Posted 1/18/2013 2:53:53 PM
Taizuku has seen the light!
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#136roadtosalvationPosted 1/18/2013 2:57:30 PM
bearded_moose posted...
i'm tired of fighting with unobjective bigots

I don't know why you'd waste your time fighting with them... watching them argue is so much more fun.

Seriously, this is better than a soap opera.

Who needs to play the actual game when you have THIS!

Dance puppets, dance!
#137testament067Posted 1/18/2013 2:57:54 PM
bearded_moose posted...
i'm tired of fighting with unobjective bigots, so i'll just say this:

i was really disappointed in SC5 too. mostly i was pissed that they changed guard impacts.

I'm not gonna call people names....but I really feel like it's an old man syndrome lol.

My elders told me that I "didn't know nothin about old school" when I enjoy what I like...their elders told them the same...etc

My coworker and I talked about this today. He was saying this generation is lost because "cartoons ain't the same". Mind you, he NEVER watches modern day shows and couldn't name one. Sound familiar?

We're gonna tell our kids this, and their gonna tell their kids...etc....it's what people do. Change is scary.

Folk act like FPS games are a huge issue...when back in the Genesis/SNES days there were 5000000 platformers out there. Gaming goes through trends like anything else. Nowadays production values and DLC are in demand.
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#138vega2505Posted 1/18/2013 3:43:16 PM
Taizuku posted...
I haven't been this disappointed in a game since Soul Calibur 5. This is the absolute worst thing ever. I had such hopes for this game, but the team fell short. You can tell Ninja Theory is getting better, but when you were at the bottom of the barrel to begin with...there's a lot of room to make up for.

Well there's your problem right there.

Current Capcom, Ninja Theory, Dante redesign...and you still were hyped?

I thought it'd be complete crap, but the reviews make it look decent enough.

Still won't buy it full price, but I'll pick it up in like a year at $20 for sure.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#139NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/18/2013 5:04:40 PM
Taizuku posted...
I haven't been this disappointed in a game since Soul Calibur 5. This is the absolute worst thing ever. I had such hopes for this game, but the team fell short. You can tell Ninja Theory is getting better, but when you were at the bottom of the barrel to begin with...there's a lot of room to make up for.

Huh? I thought you loved this game and you were really looking forward to it.

Wait......do you actually really like this game and are just pranking us? If so, you got me good. :P
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#140HappyUnicorn101Posted 1/18/2013 5:09:02 PM
Raycon posted...

Not to mention people without Internet connected systems are completely locked out from the "real ending." I miss when buying games from the store meant you were getting a complete package.

/whyareyoudoingthis

well to be fair, that is more on you. It's very simple to purchase an ethernet cable.

That is like complaining that you can;t get the full graphical quality of a game because you refuse to buy an HDTV.
---
"I really hope you were one of the hundreds of people i curb stomped today" - Typical basement dwellers living through their vidyagames