This game is a complete disappointment.

#141malicemizerfanPosted 1/18/2013 4:11:38 PM
Taizuku posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Give them a break. They've only had a decade to sort their **** out.

But they've got nothing behind them. First of all they need to make their own engine. Then they can properly live up to their environments.

They're like Team Ico, but trying to be action adventures.

They need to make games that are art driven and gorgeous, because they've got that part downpat.

but team ico games are good games, and pretty.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#142NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/18/2013 4:21:38 PM
Taizuku posted...
I haven't been this disappointed in a game since Soul Calibur 5. This is the absolute worst thing ever. I had such hopes for this game, but the team fell short. You can tell Ninja Theory is getting better, but when you were at the bottom of the barrel to begin with...there's a lot of room to make up for.

After reading more of your posts, I see that you really are serious. I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you can sell the game for money. If you throw in the DLC, you might even make a profit off of it. If you want to that is.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#143rockman11_zPosted 1/18/2013 4:36:24 PM
This board seems to be more entertaining than the game.

Btw, how many copies were sold anyway?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3.(Now rank 25)
#144StrelokPosted 1/18/2013 5:37:16 PM(edited)
Now I know we butted heads in the past Taizuku, but I'm genuinely saying that I'm sorry that you didn't like the game you were so hoping to enjoy. Even if I hate this thing it doesn't mean I hope people who like it that they will not enjoy it. Aside a select few people (Hello Lollerstar. Hello Slaveblade)
When they don't, a little something dies inside of me, I'm not the type to say "I told you so". Because in the end, being right in a case like this has no winners.

I'm truly sorry you didn't enjoy it.

**Edited due to grammatical cluster*bad word**
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#145ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/18/2013 5:44:50 PM(edited)
epilogue's being a common practice for DLC these days?

That's why it's a negative. People aren't getting things wrapped up for what they paid for if they happened to miss out on the pre-order bonus. The grace period wait to get the DLC is stupid too. A current game without an conclusive ending = An incomplete game.

Defend all you want. Nothing will stop it from being a s****y practice & I complained TWICE as hard when Asura's Wrath & FF13-2 did it as well. Capcom or Square won't see a cent from me on these practices for damn sure. That's the worse possible use for DLC imaginable.

Right up there with on disk DLC & overpriced costume packs which I gave no f*** about when Street Fighter 4 had them.
---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#146shadowscreedPosted 1/18/2013 5:46:53 PM
soul cal 5 is a fun game. DmC is really good just exept it. so many people are laughing at people that even think this game is bad. the third game had the best story but DmC has a complete story. this story tells about what happened to these demon/angle brothers. no other story went in deep into it. calm yourself haters. this game is good. this story makes more sence plus its for the mature gamers if you dident notice.
---
DeAD!! and LOvIn IT
#147rideruPosted 1/18/2013 6:07:53 PM
I guarantee you that if the game wasn't called Devil May Cry, 3/4 of the topics we have now wouldn't exist, and people would be overall much more happy with the game.
In my opinion, this is a fun GAME, with tight combat (if a little simple), gorgeous graphics (these twisted worlds are incredible), and a decent story and characters. It doesn't really matter to me what previous DMCs were like. I liked them all in their own way (except 2, which was just unsatisfactory as a GAME, not just as a DMC).
Meh, my 2 cents. I just get tired of reading negative feedback based solely on comparison to the rest of the franchise. A lot of people on these boards tend to be like "Yo bruh, this game plays tight, looks good, and is fun to play, but it's not the DMC that I know so f**k this s**t.".
#148KyerofoxPosted 1/18/2013 6:08:52 PM
Taizuku posted...
ImYoungxD posted...
QQ. So much whining in this board.

Dude...the game's bad. Accept it.

At face value it's fine, but the game is flawed to the core.

It's built on an undesirable premise, with undesirable story and characters...and to top it off it has gameplay that doesn't live up to the name and glitches out the ass.

When you got to tell someone that they should accept it, You're someone no one should ever listen to.
---
PSN: Kyero X360: Kyero
99 Humanities and a Glitch ain't one. If you're having soul problems I feed bad for you son.
#149Sony_7Posted 1/18/2013 6:21:56 PM
Kyerofox posted...
Taizuku posted...
ImYoungxD posted...
QQ. So much whining in this board.

Dude...the game's bad. Accept it.

At face value it's fine, but the game is flawed to the core.

It's built on an undesirable premise, with undesirable story and characters...and to top it off it has gameplay that doesn't live up to the name and glitches out the ass.

When you got to tell someone that they should accept it, You're someone no one should ever listen to.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RewardedAsATraitorDeserves

There is no honor for traitors, even with the guys they help.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#150StrelokPosted 1/19/2013 2:25:51 AM
rideru posted...
I guarantee you that if the game wasn't called Devil May Cry, 3/4 of the topics we have now wouldn't exist, and people would be overall much more happy with the game.
In my opinion, this is a fun GAME, with tight combat (if a little simple), gorgeous graphics (these twisted worlds are incredible), and a decent story and characters. It doesn't really matter to me what previous DMCs were like. I liked them all in their own way (except 2, which was just unsatisfactory as a GAME, not just as a DMC).
Meh, my 2 cents. I just get tired of reading negative feedback based solely on comparison to the rest of the franchise. A lot of people on these boards tend to be like "Yo bruh, this game plays tight, looks good, and is fun to play, but it's not the DMC that I know so ***k this ***t.".

I have no idea where to even BEGIN to tell you where you're wrong.
So I'll just pick up somewhere at the start of your post.

1: Yes, if it had no attachment to the DMC name a lot of us wouldn't have as many problems with it, considering then it wouldn't be a downgrade to a franchise we love (Less moves, less weapons, less FPS, difficulty non-existent, bad AI, bad pathfinding, no lockon, style system removed and bout a third of the style moves implemented, etc etc) You have a point here. I already said that I'd rate it 7/10 were it not attached to the DMC franchise, minus one point for the DLC practices. So 6/10. Average H&S. Were it not for the countless bugs and glitches, it would likely be higher. The terrible story and how they tried to pass it off as great deducts two points straight from the getgo for arrogance.

2: Combat is so tight the control layout by default is atrocious, enemies have dumb AI, telegraphed attacks of a second chargeup, color coded enemies... please. This is about as tight as a size XXXXXL swimming trunks on a midget.

3: Graphics look good, although the basic enemies look like the Geth (seriously) and I'm no fan of the character design. Personal opinion. And I'm no fan of the street levels. Why? DMC2 had the same theme going. It was ass then, it's ass now.

4: The story and characters are terrible. Unlikable protagonists who use lines everyone in their right minds would shy away from for crying out loud.
Seriously, it goes against the defining traits of heroes and even anti-heroes. Even VILLAINS don't go where DINO went. Like the Joker. Oh he wouldn't say that. And seriously, that is a big *BIG* low. The story is also ripped straight from They Live.

5: It *DOES* matter what the previous DMC games were like! You use the name, you'd better reach the bar that those games set, ESPECIALLY if you're going to bash them! When you fall short of even DMC2 (And I am not kidding, at least DMC2 had the enemies attacking you and was harder than this!) Tam failed to reach that bar and because he was so arrogant I can't feel any sympathy towards that man whatsoever. Had this game NOT been named DMC, most of us would be more lenient, as then we wouldn't have to set the bar for gameplay at DMC3/4 levels. Alas, it did, and thus, the game fails.

6: MOST of us here are "This game is pretty f***ing mediocre, not worthy to carry the DMC title." You see things that aren't there.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg