This game is a complete disappointment.

#91Project5BossPosted 1/18/2013 10:50:31 AM
Madigari posted...
Project5Boss posted...
How is it not moronic behaviour to blindly ignore all evidence, legitimate criticism and insist that a game is good or great based only on emotions?

Games are for entertainment purposes. Person gets entertained by said game. Game is, therefore, good or great to him based on emotion. There's absolutely nothing moronic about it.

I mean, what you're doing is the equivalent of standing down at Baskin Robbins and telling anyone who gets a flavor you don't like that they're moronic. Good news: You don't have to like the flavor. Don't get in the face of people who do. If they're smart, they'll return the favor.

That doesn't stop them from being entertained by a poor product. The game is poor, the story, the gameplay, the design is all sub par. They simply enjoy a mediocre product, something they refuse to admit. That is the moronic part.

Your comparison would be more correct if Baskin Robins replaced a certain flavour with an inferior version much to the chagin of the people who liked the original flavour and then a vocal sub group told the displeased customers to stop whining and enjoy it for what it is. Basically, only the people who accept the inferior flavour are now being catered too while the original fanbase is being left out in the cold.

Basically, the more people who lower their standards and accept mediocre products. The more everyone else is forced to deal with low quality games. This is why CoD and GoW are on top and proper games are niche.

At the rate we're going towards, we won't even be able to play games anymore. Every genre ever is going to turn into heavy rain.
#92Gmoney-Posted 1/18/2013 10:53:51 AM
Oh god, I loved this game. Just finished it and it was GREAT. Much better than the lame story of the originals with its overly Japanese looks and super cheesy opening scene in the third I couldn't even stomach to watch without cringing when my best of friends tried to show me the game.
---
The fire baby, it'll burn us both. Always....and never.
#93KyryloPosted 1/18/2013 10:55:03 AM
Gmoney- posted...
Oh god, I loved this game. Just finished it and it was GREAT. Much better than the lame story of the originals with its overly Japanese looks and super cheesy opening scene in the third I couldn't even stomach to watch without cringing when my best of friends tried to show me the game.

oh, noey, it's japanesey scare.
#94HellsControllerPosted 1/18/2013 10:56:56 AM
Gmoney- posted...

guaranteed replies
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#95Japanese_JadePosted 1/18/2013 10:57:01 AM
Gmoney- posted...

The intro sequence for this game was pretty terrible. Honestly, the game would've been better if it started with Dante waking up.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#96Ren_DearSPosted 1/18/2013 10:58:29 AM
My friends are not into DMC (in general). I don't think its the difference between the reboot, but rather that demons, angels, and half breeds are probably the worst fanbased anything. They cringe all the same.
#97Gmoney-Posted 1/18/2013 11:00:15 AM
Quote:Gmoney- posted...

The intro sequence for this game was pretty terrible. Honestly, the game would've been better if it started with Dante waking up.

@Japanese_Jade

Yeah that was just to show his speed and agility and to please the whiner fans by throwing a slice of pizza full of cheese into it.

But hey we all know if he was naked with just a red coat and shiny white locks you'd all salivate.
---
The fire baby, it'll burn us both. Always....and never.
#98DJ_0000Posted 1/18/2013 11:02:56 AM
eh, I like it. If it had better bosses and was a little more challenging it would be perfect for me.

Sorry you didn't like it Tai
#99MadigariPosted 1/18/2013 11:11:32 AM(edited)
Project5Boss posted...
That doesn't stop them from being entertained by a poor product. The game is poor, the story, the gameplay, the design is all sub par. They simply enjoy a mediocre product, something they refuse to admit. That is the moronic part.

Again, entirely subjective.

Your comparison would be more correct if Baskin Robins replaced a certain flavour with an inferior version much to the chagin of the people who liked the original flavour and then a vocal sub group told the displeased customers to stop whining and enjoy it for what it is. Basically, only the people who accept the inferior flavour are now being catered too while the original fanbase is being left out in the cold.

Not even a little right. To begin with, this isn't the next step in the main series. Next, they haven't replaced anything. The same flavors are still being offered to you (DMC 1-4), in addition to this new one that you might or might not like. You don't like it, but rather than say, "This isn't for me. I'll wait until you come out with something that's more to my taste," you immediately lambaste those who do like it or are looking forward to it.

Now, to be fair, both sides are harassing the other. This isn't an exclusive trait. Realistically, though, the way to move on from this is say, again, "This isn't for me. I'll wait until you come out with something that's more to my taste/closer to these older games," or "It's cool, you don't have to like it. Hopefully, they'll come out with DMC5 soon enough, and it will be closer to the older games."

It's not hard. You don't even have to use the word "moronic" or be abrasive at all. (Or, wait...Is that hard?)

Basically, the more people who lower their standards and accept mediocre products. The more everyone else is forced to deal with low quality games. This is why CoD and GoW are on top and proper games are niche.

At the rate we're going towards, we won't even be able to play games anymore. Every genre ever is going to turn into heavy rain.

Alright, Blanche DuBois, time to reel it back in. The only reason you're dealing with "low quality games" is because gamers refuse to pay more, but expect bigger and better all the time. Well, that's how business works: if your customers won't pay more, you have to appeal to a wider base to break even/turn a profit.

So, take your pick. You either suffer in niche gameplay quality so they can break even, suffer in graphic/audio quality so they can break even, or pay more for all-around better games so they can break even. Contrary to popular belief, game developers don't feed their families with good intentions alone.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#100RichterB17Posted 1/18/2013 11:21:01 AM
Hey Taizuku, it sucks this had to happen to you man. Like I told someone else once the game really sinks into peoples minds a bit they will realize that this game is not what was promised to you. That's why I try not to hype myself when it comes to things anymore and no matter what I always stay skeptical.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden