How old is everyone?

#61SparNar607Posted 1/18/2013 11:05:04 PM
omerta07 posted...
NO OFFENSE to anyone but i find it really strange that so many people here claim to hate this game but spend virtually everyday on its boards instead of being on the boards of the past games that they claim are superior

This is where it's hip and happen'.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#62Gmoney-Posted 1/18/2013 11:05:34 PM
25. Loved it. Definite improvement from that cheesy third game.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#63smithkakarotPosted 1/18/2013 11:08:26 PM
23, and I prefer the original series.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#64dillpickle69Posted 1/18/2013 11:09:22 PM
SparNar607 posted...
omerta07 posted...
NO OFFENSE to anyone but i find it really strange that so many people here claim to hate this game but spend virtually everyday on its boards instead of being on the boards of the past games that they claim are superior

Pretty much. Also because A) This would be the quickest place to get news on Capcom's future plans for Devil May Cry and B) When you don't like something it's natural to find a place to complain about it with other people who agree or disagree with you.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#65xxx000110000111Posted 1/18/2013 11:12:15 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
SparNar607 posted...
omerta07 posted...

Pretty much. Also because A) This would be the quickest place to get news on Capcom's future plans for Devil May Cry and B) When you don't like something it's natural to find a place to complain about it with other people who agree or disagree with you.

It's one thing to share your dislikes with others, but it's another matter to do so in the way the people of this board go about it. The age group here really explains it all.
#66dillpickle69Posted 1/18/2013 11:16:28 PM(edited)
Turning 17 in two months
Pretty obvious that I'm an anti, though I don't have a problem with the gameplay, I'm sure actually playing the game is fun. It's the setting and plot [which is literally a different game with DMC names in it] that bothers me. So I'm sure that if I never played the other series first, I would love this game.
---
#67dillpickle69Posted 1/18/2013 11:16:02 PM
xxx000110000111 posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
SparNar607 posted...
omerta07 posted...

It's one thing to share your dislikes with others, but it's another matter to do so in the way the people of this board go about it. The age group here really explains it all.

Well, it's true that some people here are thrashing the fact that they don't like this game into every topic they see. I personally hate this game just as much as them, maybe more, but I at least won't start an argument about it on a topic where nobody is asking for opinions on the game
---
#68KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/18/2013 11:19:03 PM
I'm 18 and I'm not a fan of DmC.

It's a decent action game, but it's an awful DMC game.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#69xxx000110000111Posted 1/18/2013 11:20:21 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
xxx000110000111 posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
SparNar607 posted...
omerta07 posted...

Well, it's true that some people here are thrashing the fact that they don't like this game into every topic they see. I personally hate this game just as much as them, maybe more, but I at least won't start an argument about it on a topic where nobody is asking for opinions on the game

Then you're not part of the problem, and fall outside the group these people are a part of. If more of those people were like you, maybe there would be more topics with actual substance to go through instead of the endless trash that pollutes this board.
#70space_catazPosted 1/19/2013 12:18:31 AM
23, I enjoyed the game though I wish a few things had been done differently.

I've been a fan of the series since DMC 1 and I honestly don't think the new Dante is that bad. In fact I think his voice acting and dialogue are leagues better than in any of the previous entries. Yes, some of his taunts are rather corny but at least they're decently delivered and hell, are we pretending that DMC Dante was actually witty by any stretch of the word? I enjoyed the dialogue from those games, but in the same way I enjoy watching a B-horror flick.

As far as combat goes, I wasn't too fond of having to use the triggers at first but I've adapted well enough, and the lack of a lock-on system isn't nearly as problematic as I thought it would be. All in all, it took some getting used to but the combat is solid in my opinion.

Which brings me to probably my main gripe with the game, the lack of continuity in action. The platforming and color coded enemies just derail the action for me. I'm not going to beat a dead horse with this one.

SPOILERZ

Lastly, I wish that Vergil was involved in the plot more directly and had his own campaign as part of the on-disc content, but then again I've been wanting more Vergil content ever since DMC 3 Special Edition. I know there's some DLC coming out but I think it's pretty sleazy to ask consumers to buy pre-planned content less than a month after the initial release of the game. That's a discussion for another thread though...

tl;dr: Refer back to the top of the post.
---
Don't sweat the petty things, and never pet the sweaty things.