It's flawless if you look past all the flaws!

#21FireMage7777Posted 1/19/2013 4:30:38 AM
BlackSheepWalls posted...
gfo. get a life, the game is released. your time is over.

LOL no, this is what we here at Anti Inc have been waiting for, the public defeat of DmC
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#22StrelokPosted 1/19/2013 5:05:47 AM
BlackSheepWalls posted...
gfo. get a life, the game is released. your time is over.

Someone is butthurt the game isn't perfect...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#23Damien94Posted 1/19/2013 5:18:05 AM
Having glitches doesn't really matter when they're not game-breaking. Sure, you can use the gliding glitch to cheat levels... but it doesn't help you get a high score or anything.

And I don't think anyone has claimed the game is flawless. Even the game sites that gave high scores said it had flaws.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#24gamer6879403333Posted 1/19/2013 5:19:40 AM
Pro here. I know it's not the best game ever, and that the gameplay is arguably inferior to the old DMC's best (DMC3&4). But the thing is, a game is more then its individual parts. It's more then just "well these glitches here, and this could have been better, and this part was done really well", it's also about how well it call came together and how much fun you had playing it when all is said and done. That's probably why the professional reviews list a fair number of flaws while still giving a high score, because the game was still a blast to them and left a positive impression that allows them to say "yeah, that was pretty fun". Some of my favorite games are very flawed, but their overall package makes me have so much fun anyway that I would still give it an 8 or a 9 anyway because that's the impression I was left with.

In short, a game is more then just bullet points about what it did well and what it did badly, it's also about how the whole thing came together and what impression you have when you're done playing. Besides, I think it's an objectively good game, flawed... But good. I don't know if I would say excellent or great (I might eventually, but haven't decided yet), but it's definitely at least a good game. Believe me, us pros aren't so deluded as to think it's some amazing "game of the decade". We just think that the antis should stop acting like it's this generations Superman 64.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#25StrelokPosted 1/19/2013 5:41:59 AM
And we the antis feel that the pros should stop acting like this is the Second Coming.

Both are equally hyperbole.
The issue is that one should not bash someone and then delivering an inferior product in every way, shape, or form.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#26gamer6879403333Posted 1/19/2013 5:47:41 AM
Strelok posted...
And we the antis feel that the pros should stop acting like this is the Second Coming.

But we don't act like this game is the second coming. I don't think I've seen a single post on this forum in the last week saying that. I have however seen antis saying that the 2/10 reviews and stuff on Metacritic are justified and that's what score the game actually deserves... Which again, are Superman 64 level scores.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#27StrelokPosted 1/19/2013 5:48:43 AM
Oooh?
You should have seen the reaction of the pros when the reviews hit...
---
#28gamer6879403333Posted 1/19/2013 5:55:43 AM
Strelok posted...
Oooh?

I was here for that. Yes, they did act really excited, but that was partially just because they finally got ammo to hit the antis with after 2 years of that side claiming the game was going to be horrible and was going to get awful reviews. The reviews then came out and made antis look like fools and the pros took advantage of that. Don't act like the antis would have acted any better. You would have to be in denial to deny that the antis would have got just as excited and rubbing the pros faces in it if the reviews had instead given their side ammo by the reviews giving bad scores. If they were good, the pros would get trollish and claim victory, and if the reviews had been bad the antis would have gotten trolling and claimed victory.

But now that things have calmed down and true opinions have come out? The pros are saying it's a pretty good and fun game that could certainly be better. The antis however are still acting like it's terrible.
---
#29StrelokPosted 1/19/2013 5:58:18 AM
Actually, you're wrong.
We claimed that the game would be a terrible DMC game (and this changed to terrible game altogether when the demo hit) and that the press would ignore it and give it amazing reviews because OMG NINJA THEORY!

And it *IS* a terrible DMC game, and a average/sub par/offensive game otherwise. 7/10 before adjustments and I'm VERY lenient here.
---
#30FireMage7777Posted 1/19/2013 5:58:20 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
Strelok posted...
Oooh?

I was here for that. Yes, they did act really excited, but that was partially just because they finally got ammo to hit the antis with after 2 years of that side claiming the game was going to be horrible and was going to get awful reviews. The reviews then came out and made antis look like fools and the pros took advantage of that. Don't act like the antis would have acted any better. You would have to be in denial to deny that the antis would have got just as excited and rubbing the pros faces in it if the reviews had instead given their side ammo by the reviews giving bad scores. If they were good, the pros would get trollish and claim victory, and if the reviews had been bad the antis would have gotten trolling and claimed victory.

But now that things have calmed down and true opinions have come out? The pros are saying it's a pretty good and fun game that could certainly be better. The antis however are still acting like it's terrible.

They couldn't really hold reviews against us since we said for months that critics would give thus POS a good score. MONTHS
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form