So did anyone else notice? (slightly religious)

#1ATTACK__CATPosted 1/19/2013 5:16:45 AM
In devil may cry the origional series it was never mentioned angels exist. on the contrary it had alot of demons that look very 'angelic' and places in hell that looked very much like some depictions of heaven.

then in DMC4 it dropped the suggestion and flat out had angelic themed demons and humans believeing they are angels. this threw even more doubt it angels exist at all in devil may crys cannon... what humans refer to as angels were just a breed of demons. humans worshipped them and they used that as a tool to manipulate.

now in the new DmC dante is named as a nephilim.

a nephilim is according to biblical sources (and up for some debate, but commonly believed to be) the son of an angel and a HUMAN.

according to the lore od DMC angels were heavily implied to just be a breed of demon. therefore it could be considered old dante was a nephilim in DMC 1-4.

then in DmC they say he is a nephilim... without him fitting into any of the ACTUAL real life biblical beliefs of the nephilim. instead they just make up some 100% ficticious meaning for the word.

its like me writing a book and saying someone is a cat. then turning around and saying 'well in my fictional world cats are the sons of demons and angels, are super strong and have bad attitudes, not furry animals'... despite that 100% not being what the word cat means.

or if i decide to write a book and change the term 'and' into 'then' and randomly mix things up.

'well thats how it is in MY fictional world.'

also isnt it kind of ironic to rewrite the character so he no longer fits into the 'possibly a nephilim' but THEN start calling him one.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#21319_13055Posted 1/19/2013 5:24:24 AM
Actually darksiders 2 changed the meaning of nephilim not DmC and I for one prefer this version of nephilim better.
#3Capt_HerlockPosted 1/19/2013 5:25:57 AM
So....are you mad or.......what?
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#4ATTACK__CAT(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 5:31:07 AM
^ never played darksiders 2 so.

^also no im not mad. just curious why theyd do something as silly as this.

my vote is that DmCs target audience is stupid and the devs know it.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#5Capt_HerlockPosted 1/19/2013 5:45:41 AM
ATTACK__CAT posted...

Not really stupid but that is just their world, It's just a story. In their world Demon and Angel hybrids are nephilim and since they don't actually exist is there really a way to prove otherwise?
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#6BaulModeusPosted 1/19/2013 5:48:15 AM
Nephilim (the fallen) was just a term used by early Jews to demonize other cultures gods anyway, turning them ("The heroes of old, men of renown, giants") into the bastard children of angels and humans, who cares how a video-game uses the term.
---
PSN: Bonkerz4569
#7iconiqPosted 1/19/2013 6:04:14 AM(edited)
ATTACK__CAT posted...

Depending on where you live, the term "nephilim" changes its meaning. When i was reading up information about angels and demons, I have read (and I was even told), that a nephilim is the child of an angel (literally) and a demon who disguised himself AS a human-being (to seduce the angel). You cannot possibly start judging and insulting the devs for trying to be consistent with THEIR OWN game. We all know how everything related to the bible, angels, demons, hell, heaven, etc. CAN vary.
#8SHMYazooPosted 1/19/2013 5:54:25 AM
Diablo lore also has Nephilim as the son of a demon and an angel. This depiction of Nephilim iss actually very common as well, specially in games.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#9SHMYazooPosted 1/19/2013 5:55:35 AM
Also, there's nothing wrong with making a new version of something, they did that with Succubus in this game, for instance.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#10ATTACK__CAT(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 6:10:27 AM
^ where did you find this info on biblically nephilim being sons of angels / demon.

cant find anything about it anywhere.

-> also saying 'other games do it' doesnt really effect the issue here.

+ the whole nephilim thing in diablo was diablo 3, and thus equally as awful as DmC.

they were in diablo 2, but never stated to be angel / demon.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225