It doesn't matter that this game is good. WE DON'T LIKE IT.

#31NeoTStylePosted 1/19/2013 2:17:35 PM(edited)
VIII can be pretty tough as well, especially when you're young, skip all the Junction tutorials and don't read FAQs on the internet that tell you about the level-scaling in the game.

I accidentally discovered that you can convert Tents into Curaga on my first playthrough and have never had a hard time with 8.

Well I didn't.

If it wasn't Griever it was UltimeciaXGriever that eventually got me in the final battle.

Took me my entire childhood and lots of restarts to finally beat it. ;_;

It was my first FF so nostalgia dictates that it's one of if not THE best FF game. S-so, don't say anything bad about it...!
#32gamelord456Posted 1/21/2013 12:57:44 AM
i hated this at first when it was first announced but i love it 3 still my favorite but this is right after but i have only one complaint no lock on and the camera always acting weird besides that i love the game and its story i hope they continue DMC and DmC
#33longstorm555Posted 1/21/2013 1:15:49 AM
See, by saying WE you actually mean you and a group of people. You have to realize your opinion is not everyone's opinion. You also have to realize you're nothing special, so complain all you want, whine all you want, there's a very large group of people who enjoyed DmC and are waiting a sequel. There's also new players who are being introduced to the franchise by DmC.

It doesn't matter if you don't like it.

DmC is selling well, and getting good scores from critics all over the place which attracts more players.

New Dante is most likely here to stay.
#34NerpraptorPosted 1/22/2013 3:29:27 PM
I only played the first Devil May Cry and although I did like it I never really got into it enough to buy the second or any other actually....

I got this game and loved it, i'm sorry if you prefer the old games but you can still go back and play them..... A lot of people prefer CoD4 to the new games and complain everytime a new CoD comes out rather than just play the game they love.

If enough people liked the old ones then they'd have stuck to the winning formula but the fact is that game companies are a business, they exist to make money and constantly try to pander to the mass market.

I am sorry that something you clearly loved was not loved by enough people to keep it viable to remake more times but don't hate on the people that do like the new product just because you wanted the game made a different way... To be honest I don't think they would NEVER make an old style Devil May Cry so you really don't have to worry too much, you just need to wait a little longer.

Not really the end of the world is it?
---
What do you mean I ain't kind?
I'm just not your kind!
#35tehdudPosted 1/22/2013 4:07:36 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
What's with the influx of idiots (yes idiots, not trolls) these days? It was a lot more intelligent before the game came out.

DmC's target audience is starting to appear on the board.

Lmao. The virility drinkers.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#36PhaseSlaethePosted 1/22/2013 4:09:18 PM
BroadwayGPU posted...
We don't like progressivestyle Western Gamedevelopment. This is a Japan game. And a Japan game must feel like it was made in 2005.

Wait what?

How did people act like this was a legit topic?
#37Pesmerga255Posted 1/22/2013 4:09:55 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
BroadwayGPU posted...
We don't like progressivestyle Western Gamedevelopment. This is a Japan game. And a Japan game must feel like it was made in 2005.

Wait what?

How did people act like this was a legit topic?

Protip: "People" don't.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#38ty1098Posted 1/22/2013 4:23:20 PM
pigboy posted...
motaqa posted...
It baffles me how "defenders" of this game fail to understand that the things people hate about it are in fact game breaking points.

1- Midcore combat system
2- Glitchy gameplay (to the point of fun killing)
3- Usage of a franchise tittle name to sell this game, when in return it is not even close to being as good.
4- Trying to apple to a wider demographic at the expense of long time fans.
5- Dumping down the difficulty for casuals (seems like a trend these days) when it was praised from the beginning for its difficulty.
6- Their (Capcom in general actually) attitude toward fans concerns.

7. DmC is the only game with a graphic down grade from to below 30fps. Even a 2001 game DMC 1 managed to have 60fps, but in the year of 2013, we have DmC down grade to below 30fps but "magically" look like 60fps???? Biggest BS ever!

It is only an urban myth that people's eyes cannot see more than 30fps. People can easily see the difference between the two frame rates. It can be another 200 pages article topic, a short answer is to Google "Bo Allen's page of 15FPS vs 30FPS vs 60FPS" and you will understand the difference effect of the frame rate:

http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

Not every game in the world needs 60 fps. DmC would have looked horrible with 60 fps, 30 fits the art direction.
---
That dog is a vengeful little ****. He hires thugs to kill me all the time. -MoxRavager
#39Takoshi88Posted 1/25/2013 8:31:28 AM
darkestmerc posted...
motaqa posted...
It baffles me how "defenders" of this game fail to understand that the things people hate about it are in fact game breaking points.

1- Midcore combat system
2- Glitchy gameplay (to the point of fun killing)
3- Usage of a franchise tittle name to sell this game, when in return it is not even close to being as good.
4- Trying to apple to a wider demographic at the expense of long time fans.
5- Dumping down the difficulty for casuals (seems like a trend these days) when it was praised from the beginning for its difficulty.
6- Their (Capcom in general actually) attitude toward fans concerns.

1- The combat system in this game is amazing. I would go as far as to say that it is the best in the series.
2- I have not experienced any glitch yet and I have almost beaten the game twice.
3- This is opinion. This is the second best in the franchise (behind 3) in my opinion.
4- "Trying to get many fans at the expense of a few fans"- how horrible...
5- This game is still pretty damn difficult.
6- So you expected them to just trash the whole game because fans complained about how Dante looked?

It baffles me how idiotic some complaints against this game are.

I agree with him, i've played and finished this game about 3 times now...
also, I didn't encounter a single glitch of which you seem to be having troubles with, must be your disc or console... Very rare to have no glitches in games these days.)
The combat mechanics are brilliant, very fluid and effective, the style ranks are still there, pretty much every move from the old games are there, the guns still do jack-all, the combo interuptions remain, the enemy waves are the same, the blocking of areas in combat are the same, the amount of times you have to attack certain enemies is still there.

Seriously mate, it has a new plot, setting and character designs, it's still Devil may Cry you dumba**...

You really need to grow up and get over your childish attachment issues and fear of change, things kinda change in life mate, you should deal with it, or better yet, try complaining to Ninja Theory, i'm sure they'll give a f***, they didn't make this game to please you.
#40Rising_shadowPosted 1/25/2013 8:41:03 AM
DmC would have looked horrible with 60 fps, 30 fits the art direction.

Which is why the 60 FPS PC version looks a hell of a lot smoother and faster paced.
Pros are so lame. At least give an argument that doesn't look like Tameem ball licking.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!