Seriously, This game is by far the worst game that uses the Unreal Engine

#61abnergoinbigPosted 1/20/2013 2:53:57 PM
Wait. Theres games running on 60fps on consoles using the unreal engine this gen?!!?!?!
#62SwimmingToasterPosted 1/20/2013 3:02:50 PM(edited)
Wait. Theres games running on 60fps on consoles using the unreal engine this gen?!!?!?!

I think the new Mortal Kombat does. But, then again, there are only 2 characters on screen at any given time.

Still, UE3 is a bad choice for Hack&Slash titles.
---
GT: PowderdToastMan
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/PowderdToastMan
#63_Uwye_Posted 1/20/2013 3:10:07 PM
truly_FLCL posted...
there is NO reason that DmC "needs" to run at 60

the game runs fine at 30, and the only reason you'd want 60 is for more visual fluidity

but wait, that's an aesthetic thing,
which y'all are ragging on tameem for emphasizing (albeit differently)

You are still spewing this BS? Here, this is an article made by the programmers of "Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe", one of the two games that run at 60fps with the UE on consoles. And what they say right at beginning?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/15118967/Hitting-60Hz-in-Unreal-Engine

Why Bother?
•In general, “twitch” games require very high framerate
•Fast input response demands fast feedback to player
•Only 16.7 ms in which to do everything vs 33.3ms at 30Hz. Implies half the time to do everything… this is not correct.
•In general, this means you have ~1/3 the time, due to fixed cost overhead which can’t be removed

But...pffft, what do they know? 60fps just influence visuals.

megaultrarice34 posted...
Off topic, but that's not entirely true. Post-patch PS3 Bayonetta never drops to 30 flat. It dangles around 33-34 at its absolute worst. Pre-patch I would agree though.

The patch adds only the install option. This is the official press release regarding the patch by Sega:

SEGA Europe and SEGA America can today announce that an online update is available now for the PlayStation 3 version of BAYONETTA on PlayStation Network.

This online update allows the game to be installed onto the console’s hard drive which significantly decreases the loading times for the game. The update will be automatically downloaded by PlayStation 3 users when they launch BAYONETTA.

There's no mention of "improved framerate". Searching on the net the only mentions of such a thing are from occasional random posters with no proof of what they are saying.
#64roadtosalvationPosted 1/20/2013 3:26:48 PM
Okay, seriously.... before this thread I wasn't on either side of the argument of whether or not this game was any good. Unfortunately the anti's just blew it... you weren't worried about the damn frames per second two days ago where you? Now, all of a sudden it's a big freaking travesty that it runs at 30fps.

Additionally, you rip apart the guy that said he wouldn't care it ran at 5fps. Do I have to explain to you that he wasn't being LITERAL!? Pretty sad you have to invent an argument out of a statement that was a jab at how silly this all is.

Seriously, I was having fun reading how dumb this all is in and of itself but I this thread really threw a wrench in my fun with how pathetic it is.
#65_Uwye_Posted 1/20/2013 3:33:58 PM
roadtosalvation posted...
Okay, seriously.... before this thread I wasn't on either side of the argument of whether or not this game was any good. Unfortunately the anti's just blew it... you weren't worried about the damn frames per second two days ago where you? Now, all of a sudden it's a big freaking travesty that it runs at 30fps.

With "you" you means the antis? What? The fact that it runs at 30fps has been one of the most common complaints since day one.
#66Video_Game_CzarPosted 1/20/2013 3:34:47 PM
The game runs fine and looks really good. You've clearly haven't played many Unreal 3 games...Because Spec Ops The Line and Shadows of the Damn do a much worse job.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#67SiLVeR_420Posted 1/20/2013 3:42:30 PM

Additionally, you rip apart the guy that said he wouldn't care it ran at 5fps. Do I have to explain to you that he wasn't being LITERAL!? Pretty sad you have to invent an argument out of a statement that was a jab at how silly this all is.

Seriously, I was having fun reading how dumb this all is in and of itself but I this thread really threw a wrench in my fun with how pathetic it is.

DmC running at a slower framerate has always been one of the big problems.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#68roadtosalvationPosted 1/20/2013 3:43:00 PM
_Uwye_ posted...

With "you" you means the antis? What? The fact that it runs at 30fps has been one of the most common complaints since day one.

Okay, let's say the game DID run at 60fps on the consoles then. Why does it matter? You'd STILL hate the freaking game because of the combat, or the dialogue, or the characterization or god forbid some bugs you didn't encounter yourself. 60fps WOULD' NOT have saved it to you people.

So you see, so this argument moot.
#69Blackmarvel79Posted 1/20/2013 3:43:45 PM
ResidentGear31 posted...
Saying this is the worst game to use the UE is nothing but being a troll.

This is a good game. Deal with it.

While this game isnt a masterpiece. I agree with you.
---
Currently playing DMC. And still playing Mass Effect for the forseeable future.
#70SwimmingToasterPosted 1/20/2013 3:44:56 PM
_Uwye_ posted...

Okay, let's say the game DID run at 60fps on the consoles then. Why does it matter? You'd STILL hate the freaking game because of the combat, or the dialogue, or the characterization or god forbid some bugs you didn't encounter yourself. 60fps WOULD' NOT have saved it to you people.

So you see, so this argument moot.

So, you shouldn't bother fixing flaws if there are a lot of other flaws?

Nice logic. You should work for Ninja Theory. You can type in complete sentences, so I'm sure you're more qualified than half their programmers.
---
GT: PowderdToastMan
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/PowderdToastMan