Seriously, This game is by far the worst game that uses the Unreal Engine

#71zhaoyun99Posted 1/20/2013 3:45:39 PM
I think they should go to Koei and learned from Koei on to keep many characters on screen with less framerate drop (Almost non existent with the PS3 engine)
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#72roadtosalvationPosted 1/20/2013 3:48:44 PM
SwimmingToaster posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
roadtosalvation posted...
Okay, seriously.... before this thread I wasn't on either side of the argument of whether or not this game was any good. Unfortunately the anti's just blew it... you weren't worried about the damn frames per second two days ago where you? Now, all of a sudden it's a big freaking travesty that it runs at 30fps.

With "you" you means the antis? What? The fact that it runs at 30fps has been one of the most common complaints since day one.

Okay, let's say the game DID run at 60fps on the consoles then. Why does it matter? You'd STILL hate the freaking game because of the combat, or the dialogue, or the characterization or god forbid some bugs you didn't encounter yourself. 60fps WOULD' NOT have saved it to you people.

So you see, so this argument moot.

So, you shouldn't bother fixing flaws if there are a lot of other flaws?

Nice logic. You should work for Ninja Theory. You can type in complete sentences, so I'm sure you're more qualified than half their programmers.

Actually, what I said makes complete sense but like anything ever written there will be those that twist it to fuel their vendetta. Sad really...
#73Rome218Posted 1/20/2013 3:53:36 PM
Trade in your PS3 DmCs and get it on 360. It plays a lot smoother. I've noticed no hiccups aside from minor pop ins. Even with 30 fps it never seems to hitch.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#74SwimmingToasterPosted 1/20/2013 3:54:39 PM(edited)
Actually, what I said makes complete sense but like anything ever written there will be those that twist it to fuel their vendetta. Sad really...

I'm gonna be honest; the game would probably still suck if at ran at 60 FPS with the current moveset, enemy selection, bosses and such. However, it would still be a step in the right direction.

Now how about you step off your high horse for one second and watch a DMC4 combo vid that runs at 60FPS so you can have a better understanding of how important framerate is in a game like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORgSuIIesIE
---
GT: PowderdToastMan
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/PowderdToastMan
#75roadtosalvationPosted 1/20/2013 4:05:29 PM
SwimmingToaster posted...
Now how about you step off your high horse for one second

I'm on a high horse? I'm not the one on the internet moaning over a video game not having enough frames of animation.

Again, if you want 60fps play it on the PC... but that still won't save it in your eyes so why bother worrying about it? Why worry about one element when you pretty much hate the entire thing?

God, I miss the 16-bit days. Games had slowdown but people didn't act like the whole thing sucked because if it...
#76_Uwye_Posted 1/20/2013 4:16:58 PM(edited)
_Uwye_ posted...
Okay, seriously.... before this thread I wasn't on either side of the argument of whether or not this game was any good. Unfortunately the anti's just blew it... you weren't worried about the damn frames per second two days ago where you? Now, all of a sudden it's a big freaking travesty that it runs at 30fps.

With "you" you means the antis? What? The fact that it runs at 30fps has been one of the most common complaints since day one.

Okay, let's say the game DID run at 60fps on the consoles then. Why does it matter? You'd STILL hate the freaking game because of the combat, or the dialogue, or the characterization or god forbid some bugs you didn't encounter yourself. 60fps WOULD' NOT have saved it to you people.

So?

Again, if you want 60fps play it on the PC... but that still won't save it in your eyes so why bother worrying about it? Why worry about one element when you pretty much hate the entire thing?

A whole is made of single elements. If we were talking of the weak boss desing you would you go "Why does it matter? You'd STILL hate the freaking game because of the combat, or the dialogue, or the characterization or god forbid some bugs you didn't encounter yourself. better bosses WOULD' NOT have saved it to you people"?
If we were talking of the combat you would go "Why does it matter? You'd STILL hate the freaking game because of the bosses, or the dialogue, or the characterization or god forbid some bugs you didn't encounter yourself. better combat WOULD' NOT have saved it to you people"? And so on and so forth?

Also playing it on PC will only solve the visual side of things. The game was designed around 30fps.
#77Kobe_Got_JamPosted 1/20/2013 4:42:50 PM
Capcom and NT already got your money my friend. Thanks for the contribution!
---
PSN ID: MoirNoir
#78SwimmingToasterPosted 1/20/2013 4:58:13 PM(edited)
I'm on a high horse? I'm not the one on the internet moaning over a video game not having enough frames of animation.

This is most likely the silliest kind of logic I've seen on this board in a while. You're literally justifying one mistake with another (many). That's not right.

God, I miss the 16-bit days. Games had slowdown but people didn't act like the whole thing sucked because if it...

Because the 16-bit days were 20 years ago. This is 2013. Standards have changed. Gameplay like this is no longer even above average in our day and age. You can't just keep lowering the bar according to what you WANT to like. As much as I want every DMC to be fantastic, I can't fool myself into thinking such a subpar game is good.
---
GT: PowderdToastMan
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/PowderdToastMan
#79rockman11_zPosted 1/20/2013 5:27:43 PM
It would improve the quality greatly if the game was 60 fps hence I am getting the PC version.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3.(Now rank 25)
#80NewbiusPosted 1/20/2013 5:32:18 PM
ResidentGear31 posted...
produner posted...
fallenangel2100 posted...
I see no problem with it game runs fine for me 30fps 60fps 100fps over 9000fps whoopdy frigging doo

Learn more about frame rate and game's performance.

Why should he?

The game looks and plays fine for me so i dont care if its running at 5fps or 50fps. It works for me.

Wow... You know nothing about frame rates. 5fps is so slow that it would probably take 30 seconds or more to finish a single sword swing.