That "style system"

#31AlexxShadenk777Posted 1/20/2013 6:12:35 AM
Nelo_Angelo317 posted...
it takes the same effort?

Of course it does, unless I'm some sort of legendary player capable of doing everything in DMC3, 4 and DmC with the exact same level of ease.

Either that or raising & maintaining the Style meter is and always has been, simple to do as long as you aren't some uber mega casual who plays nothing more than God of War.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#32Pesmerga255Posted 1/20/2013 8:09:49 AM
I don't like the fact that you can get 14,000+ style points just by using a Demon Dodge Overdrive against Yawndus, that's only for the first hit too. This is also after taking off around half of one arm's health. Admit it, the style system is completely broken.

Also Alexx, it isn't easy to maintain the style meter in DMC2, the bad camera and gaps between enemy spawns have a habit of screwing that up.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#33ZeroGearMPosted 1/20/2013 8:16:35 AM
sjwho2 posted...
Oh spamming overdrive gets me SSS rank?

Damn man. That must be one hell of a stylish move.

Gratz for making another about how broken the style system is. How about posting something that has never been discussed for the 1000 times? I see threads like this every day for godsake.
#34Pesmerga255Posted 1/20/2013 8:19:16 AM
ZeroGearM posted...
sjwho2 posted...
Oh spamming overdrive gets me SSS rank?

Damn man. That must be one hell of a stylish move.

Gratz for making another about how broken the style system is. How about posting something that has never been discussed for the 1000 times? I see threads like this every day for godsake.

Congrats for saying that we shouldn't discuss flaws in the game's system. This was a discussion board for DmC and not a praise board last time I checked. The funny thing is that you can't do anything about people making topics like this.
---
#35Lioyd_the_heroPosted 1/20/2013 8:37:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#36Pesmerga255Posted 1/20/2013 8:39:07 AM

Take of your nostalgia glasses. Honestly DMC 3 once you knew the attacks it was so easy to get SS it was pitiful...

That's funny, you don't even have to know the attacks to get an easy SSS in DmC, all it takes it clubbing the enemy with Arbiter for a couple of seconds.
---
#37Nelo_Angelo317Posted 1/20/2013 9:32:21 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
Nelo_Angelo317 posted...
it takes the same effort?

Of course it does, unless I'm some sort of legendary player capable of doing everything in DMC3, 4 and DmC with the exact same level of ease.

Either that or raising & maintaining the Style meter is and always has been, simple to do as long as you aren't some uber mega casual who plays nothing more than God of War.

Maybe I am a casual compared to a lot of fans since DMC 4 is the only one I finished on DMD and couldn't beat bloody palace last floor (Save got corrupted and never went back to play) but SSS in DmC can be done repeating one single attack. Which is why I believe it doesn't take the same effort.

Besides I never was good enough to beat DMC 1 & 3 on hard modes (DMC 2 was played once) Doesn't mean I didn't love the series. You may not be the best but you do better combos than I did at the time I used to play it.

PS: I only played God of war 1
---
PSN/XBL: BlackDragon317
#38sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 7:49:13 PM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh4bKH9kUuU&feature=youtu.be

Oh would you look at that, OverDrive > Million Stab = SSS.

I guess still nobody has figured out that using Jam Session, or a single combo, or this, all take pretty much the exact same amount of effort to do. The amount of attacks or hits is completely irrelevant when it's all just as easy to pull off as the next thing.

If you still can't understand this then nothing else I can say besides gg kids.

You are an idiot. First off youbube re-play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpNu990nSxE

Secondly you are using the Overdrive maxed(which by the way takes a LOT longer in DMC4 than DmC making you a huge target while in DmC you can pretty much pull it off any time).
-Then you need keep it up where in DmC you can literally run around forever.

Third you can get SSS with one mob, and in an extremely faster time in dmc.

In DMC4 you also need to use more than ONE ATTACK. Again, already been proved over and over.
--------------------

Seems to me like you are just butthurt that DmC takes literally no skill to rank SSS rank.
-You could literally just press the normal attack the entire fight.
#39AkazoraPosted 1/20/2013 8:40:35 PM(edited)
You could also SSS every boss fight in DMC4 by spamming pin-up, even without DT. In fact it was by far the most efficient way to do things short of distorted real impact, which is also an instant S+.
#40Psychochild27Posted 1/20/2013 9:08:53 PM(edited)
Akazora posted...
You could also SSS every boss fight in DMC4 by spamming pin-up, even without DT. In fact it was by far the most efficient way to do things short of distorted real impact, which is also an instant S+.

Yes. Against bosses. Most enemies short of the Blitz don't have enough health for you to hit SSS or even A against them easily. Mega Scarecrow die just shy of B even with DT backing it up with Pin Up Spam on DMD and I've a real tough time getting up to B using DI Real Impacts against normal scarecrows (Often being dumped at High C or High D) which given how many DT runes I have to burn is not very cost-efficient. I can do better than that by comboing well with taunts and well-timed evasions or perfect blocks mixed in in DMC4 against normal enemies.