That "style system"

#41revanninjaPosted 1/20/2013 8:17:55 PM
Getting SSS in most DMCs wasnt that hard it wasnt easy but wasnt Hard either. You just needed to know which Combos you used and what you still had avabile.

I think the reason this style system is easier is that it doesnt drop unless you get hit. So If I manage an A on a fight where in Past DMCs it would drain to lower levels if I didnt fight in this DmC it wont unless I hit a reset point. While it will drop to the lowest level of a rank it cant fall below that.

I think that is why this game is easier for ranking.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#42AkazoraPosted 1/20/2013 8:25:26 PM(edited)
Could still get S-SSS in older DMCs at the end of mission ranking by taking a couple hits. Dropping below that usually meant you either died or used items. Its only Bayonetta where 1 hit = you lost your chance at pure platinum.
#43Psychochild27Posted 1/20/2013 8:37:59 PM(edited)
Akazora posted...
Could still get S-SSS in older DMCs at the end of mission ranking by taking a couple hits. Dropping below that usually meant you either died or used items. Its only Bayonetta where 1 hit = you lost your chance at pure platinum.

And? I can get an SSS while dying four times very easily here. In fact, I have so... yay DmC?

DMC4 was the only one that changed the rating system so terribly where Damage was practically a non-factor outside of Leaderboard purposes and I criticized it then too. DMC3 was very harsh with damage S-Rank requirements in the higher difficulties to where on DMD, stepping in a pool of acid for a single frame would cost you the SS. The only exception to this is DMC3's M12 where deaths are concerned due to the nature of that level, but that's it.
#44zhaoyun99Posted 1/20/2013 9:05:52 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
Akazora posted...

And? I can get an SSS while dying four times very easily here. In fact, I have so... yay DmC?

DMC4 was the only one that changed the rating system so terribly where Damage was practically a non-factor outside of Leaderboard purposes and I criticized it then too. DMC3 was very harsh with damage S-Rank requirements in the higher difficulties to where on DMD, stepping in a pool of acid for a single frame would cost you the SS. The only exception to this is DMC3's M12 where deaths are concerned due to the nature of that level, but that's it.

Epic OWNAGE.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun