Did anybody see the Angry Joe review?

#91Xtreme65Posted 1/20/2013 9:26:39 PM
lokithefool posted...
Same BS different face I have to admit I am more then a little disappointed in Joe. He chalked it all up to the guys appearance, and really didn't cover the more serious issues with the gameplay that this game has. For example it has no real hard mode, and a lot of other issues that deserved to be brought to peoples attention. Really all around lame experience.

He brought up most the issues though. He said the game was easy, he said the boss fights though visually impressive were way to easy (he liked the final boss though.) He really hated how there was no lock on, He brought up the fact that guns were next to useless, He also said the enemies have obvious telegraphed attacks, he hated the devil trigger. He didn't like what they did to Dante and Vergil as characters. He brought up it was way to easy to S rank a mission. What else needs to be brought up?

I think what he said was pretty accurate. It's a good entry point into the series for those new to the genre, however those who are fans of the older series will more than likely be disappointed.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#92LtMessiahDM504Posted 1/21/2013 1:21:23 AM(edited)
I haven't watched it yet but I am willing to bet he just reiterates 'the average' forum talkers are talking about.

I used to like his reviews but they are really losing focus.

Edit- Not to mention I have seen some spoilers on quite a few reviews of his. Douche move.
#93shadowmoses00Posted 1/21/2013 6:32:15 AM
Scarecrow1711 posted...
shadowmoses00 posted...
diabolical posted...
Angry Joe is my favorite reviewer, even if I don't always agree with him. He breaks things down nicely and is pretty honest. Plus his videos are hilarious. His review of Mind Jack is a classic.

Pretty much. I think he's great at explaining himself while being very entertaining at it. His reviews and Jeremy Jahns(movie and sometimes games reviewer) are among my favs

Omg, I watch Angry Joe and Jeremy Jahns as well. *Internet high five*

http://www.aboveaverage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/gorilla-bros-hugging.jpg
#94nonexistingheroPosted 1/21/2013 7:07:42 AM
Nearly 30 minute review? What the f***?
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#95TirMcDohlPosted 1/21/2013 7:17:46 AM(edited)
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4NaBrFkiDo

Lmao 3 minutes in and I already agree with him how people giving this game a 1 out of 10 are straight up discrediting the game with only hatred backing a review like that alone and they are not judging it as a VIDEO GAME.

Seriously, I'm an anti and even I think a 1 out of 10 is a asinine score for an otherwise "playable" game.

A 1 out of 10 means it's something like Amy, where the game is virtually "U N B E A T A B L E". DmC has an ending therefore it's not that broken.

I love his cons as well. It's not a 10 out of 10 either. That's just straight Ninja Theory d***riding. Dino's look sucks. I'm loving this review so far.

thanks for the info, I just subscribed to him, its very rare to see an honest and objective review nowadays. We live in the dark age where everything can be bought by money, that including many self-proclaimed valid reviewers out there, although I do give 1 out of 10 score anyway
---
Sieg Zeon
#96_denizen_Posted 1/21/2013 7:24:48 AM
Totally forgot about him. Thx for the link.
#97Frost_LASERPosted 1/21/2013 1:22:06 PM
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
I haven't watched it yet but I am willing to bet he just reiterates 'the average' forum talkers are talking about.

I used to like his reviews but they are really losing focus.

Edit- Not to mention I have seen some spoilers on quite a few reviews of his. Douche move.

There is a spoiler scene and his review does just reiterate the average forum goer.

The only time he ever really flips out anymore is when he plays a game no one with a clue about video games would ever buy.
#98darklyger64Posted 1/21/2013 6:24:36 PM
I just played the game, though I haven't beaten it.
And I almost agree on all the things he pointed out.
I really dislike the new Dante, though this is just me comparing it with the old one, but if I didn't play the old one, I wouldn't mind this Dante that much.
It's just you know, you already have your set of standards, and it's really hard not to compare.

I also dislike the new girl, haha it isn't even remotely close of how cool trish was, she just feels like Lucy in DMC2. You don't really care about her.

haha, idk most of my complains are the character designs, since like i said, you had your standards from the previous game, though the gameplay, limbo, story progression are all great. It didn't feel rushed, so far of my gameplay. (only played for 2 hours by the way)
#99BigMan313Posted 1/21/2013 7:36:13 PM
I usually like his reviews and I agree with his score. As I said before the game falls flat in the gameplay department for me.
---
I don't know much about DC other than Flash could solo the Marvelverse and that Batman could make god stop believing in himself. - Rauzaraku
#100youshallbeasgodPosted 1/22/2013 9:16:19 PM
Hilarious intro. Joe is a great actor.
---
Relax, it's just a game.