DmC3 > DmC1 > DmC > DmC4 > DmC2

#71SolKarellenPosted 1/20/2013 9:25:38 PM(edited)
Huh. The fact that this game is so highly contested, but people can conclude that it's still better than DMC2 makes me realize how hated 2 is. (Ironically, the only DMC I've owned).

I understand it was started without the input of the original creator, but can someone actually give me a writeup on what made it so terrible? Curiosity, since I'm in a vacuum here.

Also, why is 4 considered inferior to 1, 3 and (for some) DmC--I thought people liked Nero?
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#72T_H_E_OPosted 1/20/2013 9:26:38 PM
Value compared right at the moment it released:
DMC3SE > DmC> DMC > DMC 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DMC2

If you ask me how interested i am to play the title again NOW:
DmC > DMC3SE > DMC > DMC4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>DMC2 ( No I wont even play again)
---
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
#73OZLDIACPosted 1/20/2013 9:30:07 PM
If i recall correctly...Dante in DMC2 looked old and the story wasn't focused on him.

in DMC4...Dante wasn't the main character anymore.
#74TheSmartBlondePosted 1/20/2013 9:30:16 PM
Some of your opinions are making me nauseous. Or maybe that's from the pregnancy. Oh well.
#75Xtreme65Posted 1/20/2013 9:43:31 PM
BlacknGold86 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Almost.

Mine is more like:

DMC3>DMC1>DMC4>DmC>>>>>DMC2

Then again, that's just me. DMC4 had better combat and I actually preferred it's story to this game's.

Yeah, the story was OK, but I didn't really dig Nero. The combat was cool, but I played it for the first time RIGHT after beating 3 so it felt a little... Stale, for lack of a better term.

Idk, I think I'm one of the 17 people in the world who appreciated what the reboot tried/did accomplish. It has it's flaws, but hell, they all did.

Except DmC2, that games perfe- *gets shot*

"reloads gun" Move along people there's nothing to see here.

Anyways my list goes

DMC3: Definetely the best of the series. Some of the basic enemies were tame but the boss fights were AMAZING. Mix that with the most moves for one character and you got yourself possibly the best action game EVAR!!!!!!!!

DmC: A tid bit more refined weapon system puts me in combo heaven, If the boss fights were better this could have been number one. "gets shot"

DMC4: A great game held back by Nero of all things. He was fun at first but he lacks the moves of Dante and gets boring real quick. Also they got lazy during Dante's bit as he went through the same levels and fought the same bosses. The flaws in DMC4 are a bit more obvious than the flaws of DmC which is why I rank DmC above 4.

DMC1; GREAT enemy design. However Dante can only do so much and thus isn't as fun to play anymore.

DMC2: Can't really think of anything good to say about this game besides the Desperate Devil Trigger and while it made the game even easier it was still fun to turn into a demonic god of death.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#76Psychochild27Posted 1/20/2013 9:45:20 PM
4, 1, 3, 2, DmC.

/come at me, bro.
#77TrappedInLimboPosted 1/20/2013 9:47:44 PM
DmC3>DmC>DmC1>DmC4>DmC2
---
Assumptions aren't facts, opinions aren't facts.
#78DevilTears604Posted 1/20/2013 9:48:11 PM
DMC3, DmC, DMC1, DMC4, DMC2.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#79AsianSupermanPosted 1/20/2013 10:27:01 PM
DMC3, DMC4, DMC1, DmC, DMC2
---
Dragon's Dogma. Proof that even as corrupt as Capcom has become, they can still come up with amazing games.
PSN: SeiMikazuki - Dragon's Dogma Pawn - Ryu
#80ShengaliPosted 1/20/2013 10:34:46 PM
GodSlayer66 posted...
Daedron18 posted...
DMC3 > DMC 4 = DMC 1 > DmC > DMC2

That's my list.

This, so much this.

Agreed.