If they want DmC2 to succeed

#21DuuuDe14Posted 1/20/2013 6:41:50 PM
You can apply that logic to any other form of entertainment.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#22soulegion08Posted 1/20/2013 6:43:59 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...

I never said you couldn't. Im applying it in this instance because alot of people seem to be missing a crucial point here.
---
PSN:SSoul0
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*
#23Pesmerga255Posted 1/20/2013 6:44:30 PM
soulegion08 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
OhhSnap posted...
Are you kidding me? Son of Sparda difficulty alone; in the later chapters is hard enough. it's annoying af. It's pretty much just an annoying chore to take down the many types of enemies they throw at you; of course; imho.

You should try playing DMC3 on easy at some point. It's about as hard as SoS in this game.

now this is a blatant lie.

Nope. Compare boss fights.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#24LoshadtPosted 1/20/2013 6:45:29 PM
You should try playing DMC3 on easy at some point. It's about as hard as SoS in this game.

I started playing DMC3 again, and NORMAL difficulty is kicking my ass. It's not that hard when fighting regular enemies, but the bosses are insane.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#25soulegion08Posted 1/20/2013 6:46:27 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
soulegion08 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
OhhSnap posted...
Are you kidding me? Son of Sparda difficulty alone; in the later chapters is hard enough. it's annoying af. It's pretty much just an annoying chore to take down the many types of enemies they throw at you; of course; imho.

yes because a 1v1 fight in which the patterns are easily read and exploited dictate how tough the game is. bad comparison because it doesn't highlight the main attraction to the game.
---
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*
#26DuuuDe14Posted 1/20/2013 6:46:49 PM
soulegion08 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

I never said you couldn't. Im applying it in this instance because alot of people seem to be missing a crucial point here.

So you're pretty much saying there should be no fans of games or products because they are not made for us.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#27Pesmerga255Posted 1/20/2013 6:47:22 PM
soulegion08 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
soulegion08 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
OhhSnap posted...

yes because a 1v1 fight in which the patterns are easily read and exploited dictate how tough the game is. bad comparison because it doesn't highlight the main attraction to the game.

The normal enemies in DmC are much, much easier to deal with than the normal enemies in DMC1 and 3, you can't deny that.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#28Vault_ZeroPosted 1/20/2013 6:50:56 PM
soulegion08 posted...
game developers are not in the business to sell you "fun". they are there to sell you a product. and when you can make a game that can target a large audience and make you money, that is your intended target if it means making something easier and accessible. Who would pay for frustration and headache? not many people would, so why not create a game that caters to a wider audience yielding a bigger payout. If it means "casualizing" so be it, even though the meaning of this word has been destroyed by the so called "hardcore" players here.

I wish some people would look at this from other points of view, the games arent made for you per say, they are made to make money otherwise they would be free and devs would do whatever they wanted to make it fun. but thats a fantasy world and there are no freebies in this world.

I understand that perfectly. Why can Bayonetta balance it out and DmC not?
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#29soulegion08Posted 1/20/2013 7:02:00 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
soulegion08 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

So you're pretty much saying there should be no fans of games or products because they are not made for us.

did i say that? no. what it boils down to is whether you like it or not and whether, in the end you are willing to spend your money again on the product again or not, but in the end, as a developer your main goal is to make money. You are a consumer first because you buy the game. you are a fan 2nd and whats bugging me is that people have that backwards.

Vault_Zero posted...
soulegion08 posted...
game developers are not in the business to sell you "fun". they are there to sell you a product. and when you can make a game that can target a large audience and make you money, that is your intended target if it means making something easier and accessible. Who would pay for frustration and headache? not many people would, so why not create a game that caters to a wider audience yielding a bigger payout. If it means "casualizing" so be it, even though the meaning of this word has been destroyed by the so called "hardcore" players here.

I wish some people would look at this from other points of view, the games arent made for you per say, they are made to make money otherwise they would be free and devs would do whatever they wanted to make it fun. but thats a fantasy world and there are no freebies in this world.

I understand that perfectly. Why can Bayonetta balance it out and DmC not?

maybe because Bayonetta has a much more experienced team? and certain areas were left underdeveloped to accommodate for the main aspect of the game which is its combat. It has a terrible, forgettable story but the combat is as fun as it can possibly get. NT are trying to tell a story and create a dynamic combat system. They just havent perfected the balance and they ended up a bight short on both aspects.
---
#30Duke_VassagoPosted 1/20/2013 7:02:23 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

The normal enemies in DmC are much, much easier to deal with than the normal enemies in DMC1 and 3, you can't deny that.

But who cares even if you are right? It's a stupid argument. There are other difficulties. I am a solid fan of the first DMC and it wasn't about difficulty for me. It was about atmosphere, presence, style, and gameplay. I feel like you just want to push your ideals on everyone else, and that is simply egotistical and unfair. Everything you post seems to be completely egocentric and hate-fueled because you refuse to accept this game's existence. Just accept it and move on, because your argument won't make this game disappear, and you aren't winning any battles here.
---
3DS FC: 3695 - 1396 - 3458 ://: PSZ FC: 1335 - 5428 - 0092 ://: PSN(PS3 and Vita): TrebleSoul