If you buy this game, you are killing old Dante

#31PirateSwordsmanPosted 1/20/2013 8:06:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEFK_O4CF0U

What Dante is really doing during retirement.
---
~On How To Close Topics - In Memory of callingjaguar~
callingjaguar:
tell me how to take it off or i will c*m on you
#32DJ_0000Posted 1/20/2013 8:09:00 PM
Considering I like the new one better, good. I'd miss Nero if they didn't make another one though.
#33DevilTears604Posted 1/20/2013 8:12:50 PM
Ok, help me out here. How exactly are Capcom killing off Mega Man? Haven't they released 2 new MM games with old school graphics that have been very well-received? I don't see how that's killing off a franchise.

BTW, loving DmC so far.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#34SiLVeR_420Posted 1/20/2013 8:14:52 PM
DJ_0000 posted...
Considering I like the new one better, good. I'd miss Nero if they didn't make another one though.

Good thing they were setting Nero up to take the reins after they were through with Dantes story then huh?
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#35Jokerz_WildcardPosted 1/20/2013 8:15:32 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Jokerz_Wildcard posted...
So not buying it is gonna give Capcom the money to make a new game huh?
The world must be so beautiful in your eyes

So DmC is Capcoms only money source now?

No, but if you used logic you'd realize that no self respecting corporation would use money to make something that previously made no money.
Clearly you lack common sense.

"Hey, remember that last game we made?"
"Oh yeah, it cost us millions, and it failed"
"I feel like making another one, surely it would make us money!"
"You're on to something Jacobson"
- Capcom in your eyes.
#36JigokuNoBankenPosted 1/20/2013 8:16:04 PM
Are you talking about the Street Fighter X Mega Man game? If you are, that's fan made. And Capcom just gave it its seal of approval.
#37SirChar0BPosted 1/20/2013 8:16:18 PM
Wrong. If I buy this game, I'm simply renewing my interest in the DMC franchise. Suck it up!
---
Char Aznable says, let the purge begin!
#38Jokerz_WildcardPosted 1/20/2013 8:19:17 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
syctheweilder posted...
So not buying it is gonna give Capcom the money to make a new game huh?
The world must be so beautiful in your eyes

It's a catch 22. Support the game and get more of this schlock, or reject it and never see anything from it again.

I'd rather it be dead and buried than have it's disfigured corpse propped up on a stick, thank you.

So you're gonna let the people who enjoy this game suffer?
Pretty selfish.
Oh and it won't die, from the amounts of copies sold around here (barely any copies left anywhere), the game seems like it's selling a lot.
People fail to use logic, look at games like CoD, millions oppose it, but still it sells amazingly.
Either accept it or don't, either way its gonna happen.

It's selling near you? That's weird... My local Gamestop only sold about 4 copies since it was released (one was returned as well). My local Bestbuy also had shelves full of it...

It's also really low on the amazon Best Seller's list (it's almost off the list entirely).

So far, sales aren't looking great for this game.

Its on the best sellers list, isn't that already an amazing feat?
Oh no, I guess it has to be number 1 eh?
And I live in a big city.
A really big one, New York City to be exact.
And I have like 20 game stores within a few miles of me, hence why I've come to the conclusion that the game must be selling well.
#39DJ_0000Posted 1/20/2013 8:21:41 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
DJ_0000 posted...

Good thing they were setting Nero up to take the reins after they were through with Dantes story then huh?

If they make a new DMC after this Dante is guaranteed to be playable, I don't want to play as old Dante anymore, the fact that I have to play as him in DMC4 ruins the game for me. With the knowledge that Nero is never going to get a game of his own I don't care if Old Dante is dead.
#40revanninjaPosted 1/20/2013 8:23:55 PM
PirateSwordsman posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEFK_O4CF0U

What Dante is really doing during retirement.

That made my day. Hahaha

I personally like both DMCs so meh. On one hand I wouldnt mind more of Nero and his story espicelly if Vergil comes back but on the other hand I see alot of potential for DmC and we might have an actual Vergil game if Downfall is liked alot so.

Half a Dozen up or Down and I shoot the rest till we are all satisfied and I set you free.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant