If you buy this game, you are killing old Dante

#51singhellotakuPosted 1/20/2013 8:46:39 PM
Its a hell of a lot more fun than DMC4 though
#52Jokerz_WildcardPosted 1/20/2013 8:48:38 PM
And before you attempt to say that I'm trying to say that this is one of the best games ever made, I'm not, I'm saying you're letting your feelings cloud your judgement. Get over it, its just a game. You don't have to play it, don't like it, fine, just don't go around preaching about how much you dislike the game, some people actually do enjoy it.
#53DarthVashtiPosted 1/20/2013 8:55:42 PM
AlphaPatroklos posted...
Every person who purchases this game is adding to the death of old Dante, since Capcom will see this game's sales as good the more people buy it, and they will shelf old Dante in favor of the new one. Capcom gave the knife, Ninja Theory shoved it in to old Dante's chest and the fans are the ones pushing it in further to kill Dante.

R.I.P. old Dante.

Can I be the one to put ivory in old Dante's mouth and pull the trigger? I ask because I'm getting this game tomorrow and would like to participate in old Dante's death.
#54billmatroxPosted 1/20/2013 8:59:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#55DuuuDe14Posted 1/20/2013 9:01:24 PM
DarthVashti posted...
AlphaPatroklos posted...
Every person who purchases this game is adding to the death of old Dante, since Capcom will see this game's sales as good the more people buy it, and they will shelf old Dante in favor of the new one. Capcom gave the knife, Ninja Theory shoved it in to old Dante's chest and the fans are the ones pushing it in further to kill Dante.

R.I.P. old Dante.

Can I be the one to put ivory in old Dante's mouth and pull the trigger? I ask because I'm getting this game tomorrow and would like to participate in old Dante's death.

It still wouldnt kill me. Just ask Lady.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#56Jokerz_WildcardPosted 1/20/2013 9:05:08 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
DarthVashti posted...
AlphaPatroklos posted...

R.I.P. old Dante.

It still wouldnt kill me. Just ask Lady.

The last line in your sig implies that Dante is never coming back.
Change it to, "I shall be sitting in Dante's chair until the day he returns"
The forever implies he isn't coming back.
#57stage4saiyanPosted 1/20/2013 9:05:16 PM
"Old Dante" died when 3 came out and Dante went from being a tough wiseass to an obnoxious caricature of his former self.
---
PACKER TRACKER: 11-5 Regular Season AARON RODGERS 2011-2012 NFL MVP
XBL: JudasKiss12 PSN: Lionheart2390
#58embittererPosted 1/20/2013 9:05:40 PM
oh well.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
#59Sevi_neyPosted 1/20/2013 9:09:31 PM
old dante is weak. getting asswhipped by new and improved emo brit dante serves him right. **** old dante in his overrated, uncharismatic, hot-headed arrogant ***
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#60ShengaliPosted 1/20/2013 9:31:49 PM
Jokerz_Wildcard posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Jokerz_Wildcard posted...
So not buying it is gonna give Capcom the money to make a new game huh?
The world must be so beautiful in your eyes

So DmC is Capcoms only money source now?

No, but if you used logic you'd realize that no self respecting corporation would use money to make something that previously made no money.
Clearly you lack common sense.

"Hey, remember that last game we made?"
"Oh yeah, it cost us millions, and it failed"
"I feel like making another one, surely it would make us money!"
"You're on to something Jacobson"
- Capcom in your eyes.

There's faults in your logic:

1) DMC4 is pretty much the best selling yet.

2) Capcom's reasoning for rebooting INCLUDES that they wanted to reboot the franchise while it was successful.

Last game made sold well, not a failure. They wanted to shift while the series was at a high point, rather than wait until a low point and nobody was interested. However, if DmC fails to live up to it's predecessor they may decide to try another approach at a reboot, OR go back to the classic franchise.