If you buy this game, you are killing old Dante

#61CressetPosted 1/20/2013 9:35:26 PM
lern 2 corporate logic

if people don't buy this game, Capcom will consider the series dead and you'll never see another DMC again.
---
What's the matter, the Zubats and Geodudes too much for you? Can't get through a cave with just five monsters? How sad. - mikeburnfire
#62KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/20/2013 9:38:02 PM
People here underestimate "Capcom logic".

It's screwed over most of their fanbases so far, DMC is indeed a candidate.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#63kingalen0130Posted 1/20/2013 9:49:40 PM
Jokerz_Wildcard posted...
So not buying it is gonna give Capcom the money to make a new game huh?
The world must be so beautiful in your eyes

Im not agreeing with TC, but what you just said blew my mind. The sheer lack of common sense and though, just for a petty insult. Props to you, sir.
#64Dark_EpathyPosted 1/20/2013 9:52:02 PM
People don't care about sentimental value over a series. They only care about what entertains them. It could matter less what game it is.

I think this is fairly jaded, and it doesn't necessarily apply to everyone here.

Yes, I like DmC. Yes, I bought the game. Yes, I realize I'm potentially contributing to the discontinuation of the original series.

But I don't see it as "killing" because the original Dante exists in his own continuity, his own canon. His story is a never-ending one--him killing demons with his lady friends alongside, cracking one-liners and eating pizza. It's not as if DMC as a whole will just suddenly disappear. It's not as if our memories of it will fade or the game discs will poof into the air.

As long as they physically exist, as long as media exists to promote the character, Dante will never really die. Hell, he's in your heart right now. Those of you who really care about him so much are the ones who should be most comforted by that fact.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#65Dack_LancerPosted 1/20/2013 9:59:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#66syctheweilderPosted 1/20/2013 10:02:27 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
People here underestimate "Capcom logic".

It's screwed over most of their fanbases so far, DMC is indeed a candidate.

Lessee...

Megaman
Resident Evil
Streetfighter(if you really think about it)
Darkstalkers
Bionic Commando
Power Stone
Breath of Fire
Dino Crisis(?)
Lost Planet(?)
Viewtiful Joe(?)
Clover Studios
#67youshallbeasgodPosted 1/20/2013 10:10:42 PM
Cresset posted...
lern 2 corporate logic

if people don't buy this game, Capcom will consider the series dead and you'll never see another DMC again.

It's better this way.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#68Sevi_neyPosted 1/20/2013 10:22:23 PM
DMC4 came out when the PS3 came out (around that time) do you really expect another dev to come in literally right after Ninja Theory and do a rendition over DmC? If you don't support this DmC you are killing any hope left of reviving original Dante. DmC is admittedly a prologue to the original games (hence, "reboot") so time will tell if it recaptures the old Dante that everyone is so forelorn over. (honestly it's like some of you people think you're actually married to the dude) Stop crying, get over it already and buy this game! Where is your solidarity with "emo" culture?
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#69HellsControllerPosted 1/20/2013 10:45:08 PM
Sevi_ney posted...
DMC4 came out when the PS3 came out (around that time) do you really expect another dev to come in literally right after Ninja Theory and do a rendition over DmC? If you don't support this DmC you are killing any hope left of reviving original Dante. DmC is admittedly a prologue to the original games (hence, "reboot") so time will tell if it recaptures the old Dante that everyone is so forelorn over. (honestly it's like some of you people think you're actually married to the dude) Stop crying, get over it already and buy this game! Where is your solidarity with "emo" culture?

To quote My Cousin Vinny
"Your honor, everything that man just said is bull s***."
I may be paraphrasing.
Support DmC and Capcom makes a sequel to it. Don't support DmC and Capcom makes either a DMC5 or buries the reboot and entire series. Clearly the second option is much better.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#70kollie89Posted 1/20/2013 10:53:46 PM
AlphaPatroklos posted...
Every person who purchases this game is adding to the death of old Dante, since Capcom will see this game's sales as good the more people buy it, and they will shelf old Dante in favor of the new one. Capcom gave the knife, Ninja Theory shoved it in to old Dante's chest and the fans are the ones pushing it in further to kill Dante.

R.I.P. old Dante.

dude dante has been stabbed plenty of times....I think he will bounce back from a little knife....