"This game has less combat depth!" and "This game is too easy!"

#1SideStrafePosted 1/21/2013 12:30:50 AM
Am I the only one who thinks these two complaints taken together, are ridiculous?

I mean, what, you want the game to be harder just so you can make it piss easy with combos that aren't even that difficult to do? What is the damn point of that?
---
If I wanted any lip from you I'd rattle my zipper.
#2SiLVeR_420Posted 1/21/2013 12:34:57 AM(edited)
You see there was a time when DMC was known for being a challenging game with a deep combat system.
But you wouldn't know about that.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#3SideStrafe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:36:59 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
You see there was a time when DMC was know for being a challenging game with a deep combat system.

Actually I would considering I've played every DMC since the first game came out. Now how about instead of having a dick swinging contest you actually try to argue why those two complaints are logical.

The games difficulty doesn't matter when you use combos to wipe out everything on the screen in 15 seconds.
---
#4OZLDIACPosted 1/21/2013 12:37:11 AM
SideStrafe posted...
Am I the only one who thinks these two complaints taken together, are ridiculous?

I mean, what, you want the game to be harder just so you can make it piss easy with combos that aren't even that difficult to do? What is the damn point of that?

these complaints, i should assume, come from the elite DMC (1-4) players who have trained their minds and spent sleepless nights perfecting difficult combos which only they can do...and now on DmC, similarly effective combos can be done by casuals...which takes away the elite status of those hardcore DMC gamer. lol

my 2 cents. :)
#5SideStrafe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:39:43 AM
OZLDIAC posted...
SideStrafe posted...

these complaints, i should assume, come from the elite DMC (1-4) players who have trained their minds and spent sleepless nights perfecting difficult combos which only they can do...and now on DmC, similarly effective combos can be done by casuals...which takes away the elite status of those hardcore DMC gamer. lol

my 2 cents. :)

lol, who would give a damn about someones combo ability in a single player game?
---
#6SiLVeR_420Posted 1/21/2013 12:41:09 AM
SideStrafe posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
You see there was a time when DMC was know for being a challenging game with a deep combat system.

Actually I would considering I've played every DMC since the first game came out. Now how about instead of having a dick swinging contest you actually try to argue why those two complaints are logical.

The games difficulty doesn't matter when you use combos to wipe out everything on the screen in 15 seconds.

Compared to the past DMC games DmC is insanely easy and nothing poses any challenge at all.
And again compared to previous DMCs the moveset in DmC is stupid small compared.
Get it now?
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#7Megiddo_FlarePosted 1/21/2013 12:42:22 AM
This topic...isn't gonna end well.
---
WHY SO SERIOUS!? O_o LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! >=] PSN: SHIN_MEGIDDO_X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQi0Mv7kK_E
#8SideStrafe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:44:50 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
SideStrafe posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...

Compared to the past DMC games DmC is insanely easy and nothing poses any challenge at all.
And again compared to previous DMCs the moveset in DmC is stupid small compared.
Get it now?

You're answering a question I didn't ask. I'm asking, again, what is the point of the game being hard if you're going to make it easy by using unintended cancels and other crap in combos to kill everything easily?
---
#9Grey_Fox4Posted 1/21/2013 12:45:18 AM
In DMC3 You could get to SSS doing:

Corner one enemy so the off screen ones don't attack>Stinger>Combo>High Time>Aerial Rave>Helm Breaker>Shoot *Repeat*

Stinger>Dance Macabre

Any "casual" could do that.
---
Currently looking forward to: Devil May Cry 5 and The Rapture.
#10_Uwye_Posted 1/21/2013 12:46:17 AM
SideStrafe posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...

DMC3 DMD was easy?