Let's be honest here, did you REALLY enjoy DMC4 that much?

#1SHMYazooPosted 1/21/2013 3:01:14 AM(edited)
I mean, the game was a backtrack fest, had you controlling a character other than Dante (that played differently from Dante) for half the game... and these are just the facts about it.

Regarding (my) opinions, I'd say its story was uninteresting at best, characters didn't develop through the story, soundtrack was generic modern metal that tried to emulate the amazing soundtrack of DMC3 and the level design was bad, except for a few areas, like the beginning. The only redeemable aspect of DMC4 is the gameplay, but even then, DMC3 had better gameplay as well. Why would you play DMC4 if you had DMC3 at your hand?

DMC4 left me with a bitter taste, specially since DMC3 was its predecessor.

Also, let's be honest, people that say DMC2 is better than DmC are just trolls, we can agree with that, right? I could also argue that DmC is better than DMC1 but I can't ignore it's historical importance to the genre and for being the first one in the franchise.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#2smithkakarotPosted 1/21/2013 3:02:33 AM
Yeah, it's my second fave after 3. And I DO like DMC2 more than DmC.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#3laskalPosted 1/21/2013 3:03:27 AM
Sure, it's obviously unfinished, but the battle system was really good and since after the first playthrough, it's all repetition anyway, the backtracking and same bosses don't really matter, as I would've fought them tons of times in Bloody Palace and just different difficulties anyway.
---
Official Lightning's shorts of this board.
Official Selphie's panties of every board!!!
#4TearsfoUniversePosted 1/21/2013 3:03:32 AM
but all the DMCs had backtracking, I don't understand why everyone complains about it that much. anyways I enjoyed 4 very much
---
Did you listen to the conversation...? - X-iiLoopii
nope not really, his face expression while he was doing that, creeped me out. - Lt_Quattro
#5SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:04:33 AM
TearsfoUniverse posted...
but all the DMCs had backtracking, I don't understand why everyone complains about it that much. anyways I enjoyed 4 very much

It had much more backtrack than the others. Or at the very least it didn't hide as well as the others.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#6megaultrarice34Posted 1/21/2013 3:05:05 AM
Yup, because of Bloody Palace.
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#7SiLVeR_420Posted 1/21/2013 3:05:09 AM
Having grown up playing Resident Evil and RPGs I don't really care about backtracking.

And yes I did enjoy 4. It wasn't better the 3 but its 2nd best for me for its combat alone.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#8docman864Posted 1/21/2013 3:05:14 AM
i did. DmC was damn short btw. If you spent 60 dollars on this game, I think you are dumb and I mean it.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#9B1GB0SS_86Posted 1/21/2013 3:05:25 AM
Dmc4 was ok. I liked nero and wished they did more with his character. The story was jus pointless tho. All of the old games except for 3 had dumb storylines.
#10SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:06:05 AM
smithkakarot posted...
Yeah, it's my second fave after 3. And I DO like DMC2 more than DmC.

Could you elaborate on why you like DMC2 more than DmC? I seriously can't see why, it always sounds like trolling to me.

If you're not trolling, I disagree with you, but I respect your opinion.
---