Let's be honest here, did you REALLY enjoy DMC4 that much?

#101USFPosted 1/21/2013 1:13:53 PM
It wasn't the best in the series but I loved it. The combat was fantastic and I spent hours and hours simply fighting stuff.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 3, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.
#102GodzFollowerPosted 1/21/2013 1:17:40 PM
4;s Dante is the best Dante of them all imo, the combat system was great, had some cool(and not so cool) boss fights in there. Cutscenes entertained and at least held my attention for a couple of playthroughs. Nero was also a cool addition, he just needed to be fleshed out more which would have happened with another game I think.

So yea I really did enjoy DMC4 despite its flaws.
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#103Merc123Posted 1/21/2013 1:43:33 PM
Yes i did, it was not as good as DMC1 and 3 but it was much better than 2 and i still had a lot of fun with it.

Graphics were great back when it came out
Nero was really fun to play as, It was awesome to be able to pick up bosses
Combat was as fun as ever
Dante was ridiculous and really fun to play because of his instant style changes

Bad things were
backtracking, there was too much, and fighting the same bosses 3 times, especially all of them at the end again. They were fun bosses IMO but not that fun.
Story was alright but they left it too open, and with DmC coming out, we might not see the end of DMC4's story.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#104j_person_425Posted 1/21/2013 2:07:38 PM
It's solid, not my favourite, but it isn't really particularly bad either. Nero feels a bit redundant because his personality and appearance are almost identical to Dante's, but I do get a kick out of Devil Bringer and the "Trigger" that you need to pull while wielding Red Queen. Nero seems a bit limited though, especially compared to Dante, because he doesn't receive any new weapons throughout the story, while Dante obtains a new weapon almost every mission.

It's a bit unbalanced. Dante is a little overpowered to make up for his lack of Devil Bringer, which makes some sections a little underwhelming to play through, and it's a bit lame going through the entire game again, but backwards, and with less interesting elements involved in navigating the environment (eg. no Devil Bringer to cross gaps.) Some of the enemies and bosses are a blast to fight though, especially Blitz and those knights.

I think I'm enjoying DmC more than DMC4, if only because this one actually feels like it brings new elements to the table. I'm not a fan of the direction the story was heading in DMC4 either. It feels more like an anime soap opera than a gothic fantasy/horror story, and Dante never seems to be threatened by anything, so any future games starring him might be boring because nothing really fazes him at this point. There are some weird loose ends too, like Nero's origin never really being elaborated on.
---
I have no nose and I must sneeze!!
#105DanteDevilsPosted 1/21/2013 2:26:41 PM
DMC4 had the beast graphics, bosses, and the best Dante. I love DMC4.
---
"The real reason Jonah hates me... is because I'm black! .........Kidding. Sorry" - The Amazing Spider-Man
#106SilentS89Posted 1/21/2013 2:28:59 PM
I think people seriously exaggerate DMC4 issues.

The game was unpolished but it wasn't some horrible flop that deserved a radical reboot.
#107BoswerLKPosted 1/21/2013 2:32:34 PM
yes, easily the second best dmc. if I didn't love the weapons and bosses of 3 so much, I'd put it at number 1

a lot of sourpusses bring up legit flaws, but it had quite a lot of improvements over 3 to balance it out too. an extreme decrease in the number of ***tastic camera angles, improved graphics, a run ability for fast traveling, a much lower threshold to activate button mash attacks, dante using 5 styles at once, not having to revisit rooms to farm red orbs to meet S requirements....the list is quite long indeed

and as much as I and everyone else dislikes nero....he's still more interesting to play than vergil at least
---
My reviews: http://boswerlk.wordpress.com
"stupidity is a cure for itself"
#108SquigglyJusticePosted 1/21/2013 2:41:55 PM
Honestly no. For me DMC has only had 50% of its games be any good. The only concern about DmC for me was the 30fps lock, but I waited and i'm getting the PC version Friday anyway so that's now a moot point for me.
---
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.
#109EntropyZeroPosted 1/21/2013 3:10:15 PM
I like how pro DmC guys would try and put DMC4 in a really bad light just so they can justify why DmC needs a "Reboot" and how awesome the story is compared to DMC4.

DMC4 may not have the best story, but imo, the combat was freakin awesome.
I assume anyone who didn't enjoy DMC4, did not take the time to master Nero's exceed and charge shots.
Sure back tracking and the the board games were meh, but just being in combat again you don't mind it after.

I wish they would have a more complete DMC4 but even what it is now, it's still really damn good.

And I see majority of people here likes DMC4 as well.
---
Psn: Squigi Live: oOSquigiOo
"These tears, tears are a gift only humans have"
#110ShengaliPosted 1/21/2013 3:28:29 PM
Merc123 posted...
Graphics were great back when it came out

Yes they were, and having replayed it again a couple weeks ago I can say that the graphics are good NOW. At least as good as DmCs, if not better since there's no frame drop during cutscenes that causes the textures to vanish.

EntropyZero posted...
I like how pro DmC guys would try and put DMC4 in a really bad light just so they can justify why DmC needs a "Reboot" and how awesome the story is compared to DMC4.

DMC4 may not have the best story, but imo, the combat was freakin awesome.
I assume anyone who didn't enjoy DMC4, did not take the time to master Nero's exceed and charge shots.
Sure back tracking and the the board games were meh, but just being in combat again you don't mind it after.

I wish they would have a more complete DMC4 but even what it is now, it's still really damn good.

And I see majority of people here likes DMC4 as well.

Agreed. Even by Capcom's own words DMC4 was a success. And yeah, it's good as it is: a transition/start of another arc, that may unfortunately never get to see the light now...

Makes me sad :(