Let's be honest here, did you REALLY enjoy DMC4 that much?

#111Voodoo_BluesPosted 1/21/2013 3:34:10 PM
I love DMC4.

Yea yea backtracking yada yada, but DANTE DUDE. He was hilarious in that game. He had this air about him. Like everyone was child's play. Sure, one can relate more to Nero in his humanity, but Dante was just a boss in every cutscene he was in. That Shakespearean one comes to mind.

I loved the style switching. It kept battles fresh and allowed you to play how you wanted to. He had variety. Eventually I even warmed up to Nero. That cutscene where Yamato awakens and he's seemingly possessed by Vergil? Chills.

Yea, I loved DMC4
---
PSN: Melkezadek
#112boinybunnyPosted 1/21/2013 3:40:30 PM
IMO, DMC4 was a step backwards from DMC3 in terms of sheer combat complexity, but other than that, was an excellent game. I don't know why, but the backtracking never bothered me. I quite liked the story (simplistic though it was, as is always the case with DMC). My main regrets were Pandora and Lucifer (both poor weapons IMO), and that Dante feels like he is a cameo character in his own series.

I had many hundreds of hours in DMC3 and DMC4, and would say I loved them both as great games. So, no doubt, DMC3>DMC4, but I still enjoyed DMC4 exceptionally.
#113BillysanPosted 1/21/2013 3:53:11 PM(edited)
Boutchie23 posted...
billysan, you always write "has" instead of "as".

More or less me just rushing and generally overlooking things. Oh and a bad habit of switching words around.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#114Valkerion757Posted 1/21/2013 3:49:55 PM
I loved 4, lets face it in the long run how many of us were fans of Dante over the actual game... They could have had a monkey instead of him, Dante was 10% of the package imo, so the switch to DMC4 was not even a thought to me.

Loved the devil arm, the rev system, and the pistol shotgun combo. Dantes parts were the only lackluster moment, then again even with that, the gameplay again overwrit the backtracking.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#115Lt_QuattroPosted 1/21/2013 4:16:56 PM
at the moment im playing dmc3 hd...
and i like that more then DmC....

while i was playing DmC i completed devil hunter and nephilim, ive decided i don't want to start son of sparda/dmd. Only so i can see what new dlc comes out plus i didnt want to get bored of this game already which seems like i have...

at the moment im playing dmc3 HD since i have not obtained all the costumes and difficulty modes....so far im enjoying it more then DmC.

after ive finished with dmc3, im going to play dmc4 just to see if i liked dmc4 or DmC....i do know i liked dmc3 more then DmC.

dmc2: i only liked dante's outfit, and the cut-scene when he gives arius his crown :) and the ending gun to the face jackpot shot :)

dmc1: ill always like...even till now im finding hard mode so darn hard... darn those shadow demon cat thingys....
---
PSN I.D : Desi-GuNDaM
#116SasukefirePosted 1/21/2013 4:20:35 PM
A new and original topic.
---
Kain Highwind: You know what? Eat ****. Maybe I will join the heroes. I was tired of sleeping with my ass to the wall anyway.
#117SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 4:21:32 PM
Sasukefire posted...
A new and original topic.

What, once a topic is made in your lifetime it can never be made again so other people could answer and other people could read the said answers?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#118SwimmingToasterPosted 1/21/2013 5:38:23 PM
Despite the backtracking, I really liked DMC4 a lot.

Id rather spend my time in DMC4 Bloody Palace than any other. Heck, does DmC even have that?
---
GT: PowderdToastMan
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/PowderdToastMan
#119Virtue777Posted 1/21/2013 5:42:50 PM
I honestly felt DMC4 was mediocre. I expected so much more, especially after the amazing DMC3. Luckily, DmC has redeemed the series for me.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#120Ether101Posted 1/21/2013 5:47:50 PM
Virtue777 posted...
I honestly felt DMC4 was mediocre. I expected so much more, especially after the amazing DMC3. Luckily, DmC has redeemed the series for me.

By being even less of a game?
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.