Let's be honest here, did you REALLY enjoy DMC4 that much?

#121SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 4:48:58 PM
SwimmingToaster posted...
Despite the backtracking, I really liked DMC4 a lot.

Id rather spend my time in DMC4 Bloody Palace than any other. Heck, does DmC even have that?

Bloody Palace will come to DmC as a Free DLC in 1 or 2 weeks.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#122Virtue777Posted 1/21/2013 4:51:27 PM
Ether101 posted...
Virtue777 posted...
I honestly felt DMC4 was mediocre. I expected so much more, especially after the amazing DMC3. Luckily, DmC has redeemed the series for me.

By being even less of a game?

DmC is more of a game than DMC4 lol. DMC4 is so bare bones that they have you backtracking half the game.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#123BillysanPosted 1/21/2013 4:54:30 PM
Virtue777 posted...
Ether101 posted...
Virtue777 posted...
I honestly felt DMC4 was mediocre. I expected so much more, especially after the amazing DMC3. Luckily, DmC has redeemed the series for me.

DmC is more of a game than DMC4 lol. DMC4 is so bare bones that they have you backtracking half the game.

Yeah and DmC has tons of generic lite platforming filler and only 6 bosses all which suck.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#124Virtue777Posted 1/21/2013 4:58:06 PM
Billysan posted...
Virtue777 posted...
Ether101 posted...
Virtue777 posted...

Yeah and DmC has tons of generic lite platforming filler and only 6 bosses all which suck.

Most of the bosses definitely suck. But I wouldn't call the platforming "filler." It's as much filler as the combat is, as it is an integral part of the game and is pretty fun for a lot of players.

DMC4 came off as more repetitive to me, especially playing as Nero. I really can't stand Nero's gameplay...at all. It's horrendous in my opinion.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#125BillysanPosted 1/21/2013 6:58:53 PM
Virtue777 posted...
Billysan posted...
Virtue777 posted...
Ether101 posted...
Virtue777 posted...

Most of the bosses definitely suck. But I wouldn't call the platforming "filler." It's as much filler as the combat is, as it is an integral part of the game and is pretty fun for a lot of players.

DMC4 came off as more repetitive to me, especially playing as Nero. I really can't stand Nero's gameplay...at all. It's horrendous in my opinion.

The Platforming in this game is pretty non involving and highly repetitive. Floating platforms and hook shot rings over and over is pretty much filler.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#126EntropyZeroPosted 1/21/2013 7:53:34 PM
Virtue777 posted...
Billysan posted...
Virtue777 posted...
Ether101 posted...
Virtue777 posted...

Thats funny.
With DmC Dante's weapons, I still say Nero's combt system is a lot more deeper.
---
Psn: Squigi Live: oOSquigiOo
"These tears, tears are a gift only humans have"
#127AmyUnleashedPosted 1/21/2013 8:06:05 PM
DMC4 was a great game, i remember having a blast playing it. It does have a lot of negatives as well though (to me anyway) but i preferd it over DMC1 & 2

DMC3 is still my fave of the series so far.
#128GeoboiPosted 1/21/2013 8:17:39 PM
I also was disappointed in DMC4. Even with its deep and fun combat system, the story was so horrible that I couldn't even enjoy the game. That's when I realized DMC needed a reboot or atleast needed to have a better focus on story.....DmC was the answer to that and I really enjoyed DmC far more than DMC4.
#129chibi_rakunPosted 1/22/2013 12:04:20 AM
Seeing as DMC4 was my very first (official) DMC, I love it to bits.

Everything that was in that game felt so stylish and unique to me. And after picking it up again recently I'm happily taking my time experimenting with the combat system.

Both Nero and Dante were a blast to play as,

Nero was rough around the edges but very frontal when it comes to attacking, even with his limited weapons they really squeezed the most out of his moveset. And yes bustering downed enemies and bosses was just so satisfying.

Dante on the other hand felt so... flexible. He can pretty much dance around his opponents simultanesouly however you wished him to. It was up to the player to be creative and learn his capabilities and that coupled with the backtracking is what I think turned off most casual players.. After practicing for a bit you'll be able to slice and shoot through most of your opponents like butter.

It seems that some people take gripe with the story, I thought it was just fine really. Not the greatest but it glued together the gamplay elements just nicely.

And yeah I didn't mind the the backtracking as well, they did put in new enemy types and obstacles along the way to vary it enough. But I won't lie, if they added stages specifically made for Dante and a couple of new bosses, and somehow integrat gloria and or trish into the gameplay more (maybe as a boss or even an unlockable character) the game would've been perfect.