Let's be honest here, did you REALLY enjoy DMC4 that much?

#21Grey_Fox4Posted 1/21/2013 3:39:17 AM
Yes I thought it was excellent.
---
Currently looking forward to: Devil May Cry 5 and The Rapture.
#22Drunken_SnakePosted 1/21/2013 3:41:17 AM
Yes, finished it again just yesterday. Excellent game.
#23DRX777Posted 1/21/2013 3:43:30 AM
Yup. DMC4 is my favourite of the series, DmC comes in second, then 3, 1, 2.

DMC4 has the perfect balance of difficulty where you're on a straight curve up right til the end, and while Dante's moveset is actually reduced from DMC3, I much prefer having access to the whole thing like we do in this one. Nero and Exceed and DB are awesome too, game still looks great, has the best story and characters of the older games, it's the high point of the series for me.

DmC has a much lower overall difficulty but with random huge spikes (getting thrown up against 2 Dreamrunners in a room full of Stygians...) that while challenging, feels unbalanced. I like the combat, setting, story and characters a lot. It's just the difficulty that brings it down from the top.

DMC3 is a classic but it feels slightly dated now. The story, outside of a few scenes with Vergil, was dull, same with the Temen-ni-gru setting. Had the best bosses (aside from Arkham D:) and the deepest gameplay, but not having access to your entire arsenal all at once feels, I dunno, quaint nowadays.

DMC1's gameplay feels massively dated now. It's always going to be a classic, and 20 years from now if I feel the need to revisit the series, it's the one I'll play, but I'm not gonna pretend I don't have more fun playing DMC4 and DmC.

DMC2 is terrible in ever regard and seeing people put DmC below it makes me want to not live on this planet anymore.
---
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
http://www.rockband.com/users/Dark_Raven_X
#24pyro_buntaPosted 1/21/2013 3:54:56 AM
I love it. Combat, Visuals, voice acting, cutscenes, taunts, and dat LDK mode. The most hated thing about it is that it's really just half a game (yet still be able to be good). Imagine a complete DMC4 would be like. All those unused bosses and levels in the concept arts...

DMC3 still tops it, but this IMO is a bit higher than DMC1 in overall quality.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#25BillysanPosted 1/21/2013 4:23:39 AM(edited)
Why yes yes I did.

Spent countless hours with the game.

The game felt a little rushed but it still contained the polish you'd expect.

The gameplay was awesome, the core mechanics felt a little better but it was missing a lot of the better weapons and stuff from DMC3.

Nero seemed kinda iffy gameplay wise at the start but the instant revs and such revealed how fun he was to play has.

Common enemies were far more interesting to fight than anything in DMC3. It reminded me more of DMC1 which was a good thing.

Bosses were a blast and they were consistently more interesting altogether than the ones in DMC3. They were easier and some you fought 3 times, but I could fight the bosses 10 times over and still enjoy fighting them.

The overall difficulty was on the easier side compared with DMC1 and 3, on the other hand it felt like the most balanced entry in the series.

I do wish they took the story less serious like DMC3. But I still enjoyed it and about the biggest issue I have with it was Dante was kinda non involved.

Didn't mind the backtracking has Nero because well that's what you expect out of a DMC game. Was disappointed with Dante's lazier level design but Dante was a blast to play has either why.

Music was fine. It's pretty much on equal footing with DMC3 honestly. (Dante's lock and loaded remix was nice)

The lack of real extra outfits was a bummer but it didn't stop me from playing the game well over 80 hours.

Can't really see why DMC4 get's so much hate. Only 5.5 of Dante's mission are literal backtracking. If the rest of the backtracking bothered you so much then where were you when DMC1 and 3 came out.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#26Kyuubi7Posted 1/21/2013 4:25:55 AM
4 was my favorite. Now ill never know about Nero. I like Nero more than Dante. I felt they were gonna pass the torch to Nero but no
---
GUNZERKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
#27NightmareGammaPosted 1/21/2013 4:36:31 AM
docman864 posted...
i did. DmC was damn short btw. If you spent 60 dollars on this game, I think you are dumb and I mean it.

it's not shorter then any other DMC! in fact, it is longer then 4!

calling 10 thousands of people dumb won't serve you good...
report!
---
#28moaristylePosted 1/21/2013 4:39:00 AM
No I hated it, Nero was bland and boring, they pretty much just tried to make a smartass Vergil. Then when you actually get the chance to play as Dante, it is VERY obvious that all the enemies were designed around Nero's style (devil arm).
#29SuperManlyGokuPosted 1/21/2013 4:48:48 AM
It was my favorite dmc game. Then dmc 1, dmc 3, dmc, dmc2
---
Signature (there's always one guy)
#30Ether101Posted 1/21/2013 4:51:36 AM
DMC4 is an unfinished game. All of its problems come from that simple fact.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.