Let's be honest here, did you REALLY enjoy DMC4 that much?

#31Boutchie23Posted 1/21/2013 4:57:55 AM
billysan, you always write "has" instead of "as".
---
PSN | Mandein
#32KanbeisuikodenPosted 1/21/2013 5:03:17 AM
Of course

DMC4 is really funny. Maybe a little bit easy in the first available difficulty levels. Dante is cool and very funny, and the gameplay is really amazing and smooth. Not a perfect game, not the best DMC, but is a good game

(sorry if my english its not correct)
#33KaryuPosted 1/21/2013 5:03:23 AM
One thing I wished they did for DMC4 was to allow Trish to be unlocked on Dante's missions (similar style or could have used DMC1 style) and then have Lady unlocked for Nero's missions (kalina ann's chain and knife takiing the devil bringers place)

The game did feel off, not knowing it was rushed/unfinished at the time, but I liked it. 3 is my favourite gameplay wise.

And I did like DMC2, in the UK DMC2 was better than DMC1. 50hz slowdown ruined gameplay and the controls being so bizarre (triangle to jump was not natural at all and I don't think you could change the buttons round)

I might pick up HD collection to see what its like playing it full speed though, will more than probably make it better than DMC2 then.
---
I want to live till I die, no more no less.
#34auflamePosted 1/21/2013 5:27:37 AM
The fourth was alright, just not as good as the first or third one by a long shot.
---
PSN: auflame
Soul Silver FC: 2666 2859 6177
#35chaoscontrol325Posted 1/21/2013 5:42:04 AM
I enjoyed it a lot until I played Bayonetta. Now I find DMC4 absolutely unplayable.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#36doraemonllh1989Posted 1/21/2013 5:44:19 AM
game is good until

i control nero most of the time and i hate him

backtracking is awful
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#372nd_strikerPosted 1/21/2013 5:46:44 AM
a lot of games have backtracking, dont see why its so problematic. DMC4 wasnt bad by any stretch it was just that with new technology people were expecting the earth to move...
---
"SS7 is still putting 40+ goals in per season even if he does pretend that a tap in was a bicycle kick every now and then"
#38chaoscontrol325Posted 1/21/2013 5:48:59 AM
2nd_striker posted...
a lot of games have backtracking, dont see why its so problematic. DMC4 wasnt bad by any stretch it was just that with new technology people were expecting the earth to move...

I never really understood this either. Especially when a lot of games these days are sandbox games. You keep seeing a lot of areas a lot of times in sandbox games.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#39Ether101Posted 1/21/2013 6:21:53 AM
chaoscontrol325 posted...
2nd_striker posted...

I never really understood this either. Especially when a lot of games these days are sandbox games. You keep seeing a lot of areas a lot of times in sandbox games.

It's how it was handled. You latterly go down a path for no real reason and when you get to the end you turn around and go back.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#40SaydeWindsaurPosted 1/21/2013 6:33:35 AM
I loved playing as Nero. In fact, DMC4 was probably the only hack and slash I've played where I enjoyed using the character with a limited moveset over the character with a bunch of moves at his disposal.

Trying to master exceed and max act alone made that character so fun to play as. Plus some of those buster grabs were pretty satisfying to pull off. And though Nero was limited to one style of play, he had enough variation in his moveset to make it feel fun without becoming too repetitive.

Dante on the other hand had so many options at his disposal that I was honestly overwhelmed with the possibilities. Granted, that's not to say I hated his style of play in DMC4. On the contrary, I respected it greatly. And it was nice to see the developers offer players a character with a skill ceiling as high as Dante's. I personally just never developed the willpower to get comfortable with him since it seemed like a very daunting task. I admit I also got caught up with all the fun I was having consistently executing max-acts throughout the course of my attempts to set records in Bloody Palace.

Backtracking sucked, but I eventually got over that once I accepted the fact that I was playing DMC4 primarily for the combat system. And to that extent, I ended up enjoying this game more than DMC3. I felt Nero ended up being the only character I've played in the genre with a skill ceiling that came the closest to matching my own.