Let's be honest here, did you REALLY enjoy DMC4 that much?

#41SuperBosskingPosted 1/21/2013 6:37:26 AM
DMC4 is really great, even with all the backtracking. Playing as Dante through the older, shorter levels was a blast and the cutscenes were incredible.

However, the last three missions are probably the worst thing in gaming history.
#42darkdragon_9600Posted 1/21/2013 6:41:24 AM
I loved DMC4, it and NG2 were the first games that actually got me hyped for this gen.

The back-tracking didn't bother me at all, seeing how I went through some areas many times on DMC3 and NGB. Dante being different also helped.

I even liked Nero and was entertained by how he was more brutal and rugged than Dante.

Game looked better, had a better flow and even sounded better. Not to mention Blitz being Satan's spawn.

I fear the day those things can be infected and become Chimeras.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#43Pesmerga255Posted 1/21/2013 6:44:42 AM
Legendary Dark Knight mode is much, much better than anything that Ninja Theory could even hope to accomplish.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#44LenneValkiryePosted 1/21/2013 6:44:47 AM
The backtracking was the best part of the game simply because Dante was so much more fun to play as.
#45AnderjakPosted 1/21/2013 6:59:05 AM
I like it more than 1 and 2. It gets a lot of undeserved flak in some areas, because, at its core, it's got some of the best combat in the series. However, they attempted to push the story even harder than usual, and considering story in DMC games has ultimately been kind of pointless and non-engaging, taking it so seriously ended up making a lot of its narrative efforts fall flat. The backtracking was a pain, and just felt like padding to keep things going further, rather than actually making you feel like you were going back for some kind of specific objective.

It's probably my second favorite DMC overall, but that's not saying too much -- 2 has sort of earned its fate as the worst in the franchise, and 1 has relegated itself to an afternoon's chicken soup, a game I can relax to and enjoy to shut my mind off. It's a great game, but it's rough around the edges due to when it was released, and while it's held up remarkably well, it's not much to speak about.

3 takes the cake considering the amount of content. I don't care for its, at times, oppressive difficulty, and it's harder to get warmed up with it compared to the others, but once you hit that point, it's like butter. It's still not my absolute favorite action game (Bayonetta, I think, wears that crown), but it's pretty close. The only reasons it isn't is because of the aforementioned difficulty and the fact that I don't find its core campaign nearly as replayable as some do. It's been a while since I played it, though, but I remember being bugged by its flow at times.

I haven't played DmC yet; I found a PC pre-order for a pretty big discount, and am holding out for that. I'm hoping it'll at least top 4 for me -- if it can be roughly as good, I'll be pretty satisfied.
---
An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.
#46Yuji KaidoPosted 1/21/2013 7:00:46 AM
Nero's suplex + dropkick combo > Anything Dino does
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
You can't cook, you won't get naked...what are you even good for ?! - Yosuke
#47_denizen_Posted 1/21/2013 7:01:15 AM
DMC4 was bad... why?? because the series peaked at 3, seems like 4 was just a copy and paste of 3. Story it seem like they were not even trying, was not good IMO and they say that 2 was bad.

Logic: DMC1, DMC3, DmC, DMC2, DMC4
#48akira_hisyamPosted 1/21/2013 7:12:58 AM
i enjoy dmc4 than this garbage,the story is great than this garbage,gameplay are fine,dont mind backtracking bcoz it not worse unlike rpg game,the gameplay just like dmc3 it so much fun.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#49FireMage7777Posted 1/21/2013 7:14:50 AM
DMC4 is amazing. People overuse the backtracking complaint too much as its barely even 25% of the game
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#50zhaoyun99Posted 1/21/2013 7:19:30 AM
DMC4 with Nero simple yet had depth and UNCLE DANTE OMFG OWNAGE gameplay are what made the game awesome. The enemies are pretty creative when dealing each of them. What's more funny was that in LDK mode, when the Angelo and the demon appear together in LDK, they are not only fight against you but among themselves which are pretty funny especially when you fight a bunch of angelo and suddenly, you have a Blitz to basically do the job for you.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun