Let's be honest here, did you REALLY enjoy DMC4 that much?

#71The_LoGoSPosted 1/21/2013 10:35:47 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
The_LoGoS posted...
DMC was a great game. The only thing it lacked was DLC type additions: costumes, characters (vergil), weapons, etc....

Stuff like that shouldn't be DLC, it should be in the game to begin with.

Of course it should be, but not in today's gaming. DLC is standard. You should be used to it by now.
---
There is no wrong or right...There is only popular opinion
#72vgplaya89Posted 1/21/2013 10:39:20 AM(edited)
Pesmerga255 posted...
The_LoGoS posted...
DMC was a great game. The only thing it lacked was DLC type additions: costumes, characters (vergil), weapons, etc..

Stuff like that shouldn't be DLC, it should be in the game to begin with.

Remember how DMC3 didnt have vergil or bloody palace to begin with? but DLC wasn't really prevalent back then, so they just re-released the game as a "Special Edition."
---
Life's simple; you make choices and you dont look back...
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/Kokonoe-/bieber.gif
#73zhaoyun99Posted 1/21/2013 10:40:30 AM
250 Hrs on skill investment and S ranking. Yeah, better than this game.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#74Psychochild27Posted 1/21/2013 10:47:59 AM(edited)
Yeah. I still play it not quite daily, but just about five years after release and DMC3 can't hold my attention anymore.

DMC4 Dante feels the best across the board with the most options and the best iterations of just about all of his moves (Especially Stinger->Million Stab and Rain Storm), Nero is much more interesting and developed gameplay-wise than SE Vergil, just about all of the enemies are cleverly designed to allow Dante to do whatever the Hell he wants with them so long as you're clever with Dante's styles (See: Punching Blitz shields off) or take advantage of critical hit opportunities from Fausts/Mephistos to be able to melee them down without removing their cloaks, the DT for Nero and Dante are both among the best in the series, game still looks fantastic, the Blue Rose is the best firearm yet across the entire series (FEELS SO SATISFYING), Gilgamesh is my favorite gauntlets in the series due to its just frame charge mechanics, Legendary Dark Knight is the most freaking mode ever and makes you feel like an action game god when you can tear through it being aggressive without taking damage...

I can keep gushing, but the game is amazing.

DmC meanwhile came in Thursday, beat it once, got to mission 15 on Son of Sparda and it's back in the Gamefly envelope Saturday evening. Game couldn't even keep my attention for three whole days.
#75PirateSwordsmanPosted 1/21/2013 10:43:10 AM
zhaoyun99 posted...

What, left the game on idle much?
---
~On How To Close Topics - In Memory of callingjaguar~
callingjaguar:
tell me how to take it off or i will c*m on you
#76TopdrunkeePosted 1/21/2013 10:43:42 AM
Sure, it's obviously unfinished, but the battle system was really good

As far as I'm concerned. Devil May Cry's combat system is all that matters. It's the same reason why I consider Resident Evil 6 as a good game. I loved the gunplay and the evasion system. I'm not one of those whiners complaining about the completely irrelevant campaigns. I'm just playing mercenaries mode after I played through the crappy campaigns just to unlock the other two merc stages & Ada. I'd happily buy a RE game that consisted of nothing but Mercs because I've never liked a single proper RE outside of their mini games.
While DMC games fare a bit better I also wouldn't mind a game that was nothing but the Bloody Palace. (I'm still laughing that DmC's Bloody Palace is DLC. Sure it's free but it should've came hard patched into the game to begin with.)

A lot of the complaints that I see about the old DMC series are superfluous. They just seem to miss the point because it's usually they who go on about the Dante character or the story and all this other nonsense that I never cared about.
I really don't understand how anyone could claim that DmC compares to the originals from a gameplay standpoint. DMC was once the undisputed king of the genre until Kamiya dethroned his own game with Bayonetta. What does Ninja Theory do? They take a couple steps back in the gameplay department with most of the change being focused on the game's aural & visual aesthetics.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoozeAholic
#77Squished_MarioPosted 1/21/2013 10:44:15 AM
Can't say I enjoyed the story much outside of dante (didn't really like nero), but I LOVED the bloody palace. I must have spent over 80 hours alone in the bp alone.

Dang I'd like a dmc with dante, trish and lady just being pains in the asses to each other.
---
The SquishedMario hurts, and has just been spoken by the truth.
PSN: VexSilver
#78MaxRiderPosted 1/21/2013 10:44:33 AM
i like it better than this one
---
PSN: lambopanda
#79Darth_ElusivePosted 1/21/2013 10:45:56 AM
I REALLY enjoy DMC4. In fact, I bought the game three times.

First, I got the regular PS3 version when it was released.
Two years later, I found the PS3 Collector's edition at discounted price in a Walmart. The CE had become hard to find by then so I bought it again.
Then I built a new PC and want to test it, saw the PC version for $10 at Best Buy. That's the third purchase of the same game.

The back tracking in DMC4 was a bit too. DMC1 had quite a bit of that too. Overall DMC4 was an enjoyable experience, as is DMC1, DMC3 and DmC (2013). I have DmC on PS3. And I will buy it again on Steam when price comes down, unless the PC version has worst graphics and/or other issues.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#80zhaoyun99Posted 1/21/2013 10:46:59 AM
PirateSwordsman posted...
zhaoyun99 posted...

What, left the game on idle much?

Yup, JC and Royal Guard plus other crazy combo created by Truestyle Tournament.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun