Timeline/Purchase question

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Timeline/Purchase question
3 years ago#1
So i went to a local Gamestop (Tuesday last week) after friend of mine told me that this game was released on that day and it would be a really good action game.
As I arrived there it seemed a little bit expensive. But I stumbled across Devil May Cry 4 and Devil May Cry HD Collection which were cheaper combined.
The Gamestop employee wanted to convince me that the new one is the better game, but like I said it was just a little bit too expensive.
After I came home I started playing the first Devil May Cry, the second right afterwards. At the weekend i played the third and realized that this clearly took place before the other 2 Games (Dante looked younger and his brother was no abomination) .
So I wondered about the timeline. So how is the order of the 5 titles chronologically.

And is the new title worth 60 ( or should I rather buy it for PC)
I payed about 35 combined for the other 2

(Sorry English is not my native language)
3 years ago#2
This game is set in a different timeline the Dante in this game is not the same Dante in the other 4 games.

I bought this at full price because if you pre ordered you got the Vergil DLC free, otherwise I would have waited until it was a little cheaper.
Currently looking forward to: Devil May Cry 5 and The Rapture.
3 years ago#3
It goes DMC3 - DMC1 - DMC4 - DMc2. This new one is separate.
3 years ago#4
Chronologically the events Take place

DmC is an Alternate Universe so it doesn't fall into the same world as the previous games. It's a far dumbed down version of the games so don't expect any new challenge when playing it. It's more so a game for people who want a lite combat wise hack and slash. I'd recommend getting it when it eventually hits the bargain bin as it is not selling well at all as foreshadowing from recent data.
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
3 years ago#5
I think it's :

New game is a reboot. So it's not in the same continuity at all
Official Lightning's shorts of this board.
Official Selphie's panties of every board!!!
3 years ago#6
Ahh k, so it is an Alternate universe.

So rather get it for PC or console ?
3 years ago#7
kerafnoob posted...
Ahh k, so it is an Alternate universe.

So rather get it for PC or console ?

Definitely PC. Runs a whole lot smoother, and you'll get it cheaper on Steam in a few months.
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Timeline/Purchase question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived