Saw it on main ps3 board that dmc4 first week sales is 200k

#1W_RDADPosted 1/21/2013 8:12:46 AM
So now the question is how many more terrible games can Ninja theory make before it gets close down. lessor studio that made quality game but got bad sales get shut down with 1 bomb. now NT already bombed 3 times with Heavenly sword, and enslaved and this. Why the hell this crappy company still exist?
#2StrawHatLustigPosted 1/21/2013 8:14:45 AM
You are absolutely adorable.
---
Currently playing:Resident Evil 6, Dead or Alive 5, Tokyo Jungle, Dishonored, One Piece Pirate Warriors, Retro City Rampage, Borderlands 2
#3dillpickle69Posted 1/21/2013 8:15:19 AM
I'm not sure what constitutes as bombing or not. I'm sure 200k is horrible, but what is the usual amount a game should sell anyway?
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#4motaqaPosted 1/21/2013 8:41:19 AM
I'm still pissed they closed Clover Studios because of one badly sold game ( it wasn't bad mind you).

Well what can we do? I'm waiting for Metal Gear Rising. looks fine so far.
---
"You lack devotion. Steady effort is what counts. Me? I'm the exception to the rule!" Kyo Kusanagi
KOFXII Revenge of Ono, KOFXIII a New Hope
#5XclaimPosted 1/21/2013 8:57:29 AM
W_RDAD posted...
So now the question is how many more terrible games can Ninja theory make before it gets close down.

Ask again when they actually make one. While far from perfect, I've enjoyed all 3 of their games so far.
---
Sabretooth: "End of the line, runt. Got any last words?"
Wolverine: "Yeah, two." SNIKT!!! SNIKT!!!
#6FNP88Posted 1/21/2013 8:59:30 AM
Pretty much any game is a failure if you compare sales numbers to games like Halo or COD.
#7rice_noodlesPosted 1/21/2013 9:01:31 AM
FNP88 posted...
Pretty much any game is a failure if you compare sales numbers to games like Halo or COD.

I like how only you brought up Halo and COD.
#8AsimLeonheartPosted 1/21/2013 9:04:56 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
I'm not sure what constitutes as bombing or not. I'm sure 200k is horrible, but what is the usual amount a game should sell anyway?

If 200K for DMC4 is horrible then I dont know what to call the new DmC sales because it sold less than one third of DMC4 debut week sales in UK.
#9produnerPosted 1/21/2013 9:04:56 AM
Tameem bopped sony before with heavenly sword, now its capcom with DMC.

In an interview, he claimed that he will combine capcom's legacy of making fighting and solid combat with his "storytelling", to move DMC forward in term of story while retaining the combat. In another interview, he said that he believes that having a dynamic environment and a living world is important ( happened in HS and DmC); thus we have the dumped down gameplay in DmC and the pretty environment.
#10dillpickle69Posted 1/21/2013 9:13:25 AM
AsimLeonheart posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

If 200K for DMC4 is horrible then I dont know what to call the new DmC sales because it sold less than one third of DMC4 debut week sales in UK.

Wow, I failed. I didn't read when he wrote 'first week'
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg