Which would you rather have next: DmC2 or DMC5? (POLL)

#51Dark_EpathyPosted 1/22/2013 9:54:44 PM
5. DMC2 exists in that timeline. DMC2 Dante is cool but he also makes no sense and when you see where the future of DMC is headed, it makes everything feel crappy. Go play DMC2 again and remember that it takes place after 4. OOOOH What an interesting future that awaits us! Yeah right....

I should note that, although it would further weaken the series' continuity as a whole, the developers could very well just disregard DMC2 altogether. Its plot has no bearing on what happens in the other games, so quietly pretending it doesn't exist wouldn't make much in the way of a splash.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#52SilentS89Posted 1/22/2013 9:54:49 PM
fifinambo posted...
LeonSK357 posted...
fifinambo posted...
Bump.

You know what the saddest thing about the results of this poll is? It split the fanbase (not really 50/50) so that no matter what there will be quite a lot of angry/unhappy people.

If Capcom has even one iota of a brain cell they will probably realize this and decide to not do any continuations of either series, which at this point if this is the s*** they're gonna pull I'm completely fine with ending it here...No more dragging DMC through the mud.

DmC = Dumb move, Capcom.

I haven't been on here since this game was first announced, so I don't know if this is new and clever or old and overused but....

I just might sig that. Thanks TC.

Someone else came up with it before me, but as far as I know I haven't seen it for a while on this board...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/56391882

Earliest topic on the board that has it, (that still exists anyway)
#53KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/22/2013 9:57:51 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
5. DMC2 exists in that timeline. DMC2 Dante is cool but he also makes no sense and when you see where the future of DMC is headed, it makes everything feel crappy. Go play DMC2 again and remember that it takes place after 4. OOOOH What an interesting future that awaits us! Yeah right....

I should note that, although it would further weaken the series' continuity as a whole, the developers could very well just disregard DMC2 altogether. Its plot has no bearing on what happens in the other games, so quietly pretending it doesn't exist wouldn't make much in the way of a splash.

Plus, would anyone complain?

Hell, I think people would be happy if they got rid of DMC2. Call it a what if story and move on.

Who would actually complain?
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#54HellsControllerPosted 1/22/2013 10:07:32 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

Hell, I think people would be happy if they got rid of DMC2. Call it a what if story and move on.

For all we know, DMC2 can be set like 500 years in the future. Who knows/cares. The thing is, that is the last game so far in the time line. Everything else would technically be a prequel.

Now what I would love would be a game that shows us why Dante acts like that. Maybe we can see Uncle Dante just messing around like normal, just doing his job, when his carelessness causes someone to get killed(Lady?).
The death should come as a direct result of how he acts so that he does a complete 180.

By getting that out of the way we can fast forward to DMC2's ending, where it's either Nero outside the shop looking for Dante, or Dante himself. Queue up new adventure, which causes Dante to (re)become the jolly old, drunken uncle we all know and love.

That's how they could do that. Or just come out and say "DMC2 is completely retconed. It never did or will happen in the DMC universe." and we can get more games staring Nero and Dante.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#55fifinambo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 10:10:42 PM
HellsController posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

For all we know, DMC2 can be set like 500 years in the future. Who knows/cares. The thing is, that is the last game so far in the time line. Everything else would technically be a prequel.

Now what I would love would be a game that shows us why Dante acts like that. Maybe we can see Uncle Dante just messing around like normal, just doing his job, when his carelessness causes someone to get killed(Lady?).
The death should come as a direct result of how he acts so that he does a complete 180.

By getting that out of the way we can fast forward to DMC2's ending, where it's either Nero outside the shop looking for Dante, or Dante himself. Queue up new adventure, which causes Dante to (re)become the jolly old, drunken uncle we all know and love.

That's how they could do that. Or just come out and say "DMC2 is completely retconed. It never did or will happen in the DMC universe." and we can get more games staring Nero and Dante.

Either idea sounds good to me. I feel if Capcom hired ACTUAL GOOD writers the DMC series could have a lot more really cool plotlines.
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#56fifinambo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 8:47:14 AM
Bumpage.
---
#57BlackSheepWallsPosted 1/23/2013 8:51:46 AM
If DMC5 is like DMC4 I would rather have DmC2...
#58Dark_EpathyPosted 1/23/2013 9:31:57 AM
Maybe we can see Uncle Dante just messing around like normal, just doing his job, when his carelessness causes someone to get killed(Lady?).

I think you guys are underestimating "Uncle Dante." You think he's not self-aware? He's in complete control when he's being a goofball. I doubt he would intentionally mess around and cause a friend to get killed.

Of course, realistically speaking, goofball Dante didn't exist until DMC3. DMC2 was coming straight off DMC1, so the best thing they can do is just announce it's not canon.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#59vashtrichamPosted 1/23/2013 9:34:26 AM
I would not mind a DmC2 if they increased the difficulty and challenge and had much more epic and harder boss battles
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#60fifinambo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:35:31 PM
Bump.

I wonder how many votes this will get before it peters out?

Interesting to get some sort of number about how many people actually frequent this board, too.
---