For the people who keep complaining that this game is "too easy"...

#11KOFXIIIPosted 1/21/2013 5:55:21 PM
That maturity.

I'm gonna go drink some milk so I can grow strong and be cool like you guys.

BRB
#12SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 5:55:37 PM
megaultrarice34 posted...
Nice essay

Thanks, I have no problem writing texts. Hope you have the time to read it and give your opinion.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#13darkdragon_9600Posted 1/21/2013 5:55:57 PM
Either you go all the way and make it something that'll attract casual, with many unlocks and replay value, or you do something more focused on the hardcore crowd.

DmC stood in the middle, alienating some of the old fanbase, trying to bring in a new one and then trying to bring back those who went away.

The Pokemon anime is a good comparison. Sinnoh was a step above Hoenn and Ash actually knew what he was doing, while Dawn was a rookie and had her hands held.

Unova just tried to do Squirtle/Charizard/Cyndaquil again for the veterans to draw paralels and make Ash act like a rookie to please new fans.

And it sucks.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#14docman864Posted 1/21/2013 5:57:23 PM(edited)
you see, the problem is not because the game is easy, but it's more about not giving the user the alternative to play higher difficulties (the other difficulties aren't even that hard and doesn't require a lot of patience like previous DMCs) when they want the challenge. you need to satisfy both sides, not just one side or simply put, downgrading all difficulty levels to satisfy the casual group. My biggest problem is people like you who is looking for reassurance. All you have to say you like the game and be done with it, so don't try to prove something like you are right about it.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#15FireMage7777Posted 1/21/2013 5:56:25 PM
ITT: Casualization, the worst problem the gaming industry faces
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#16Virtue777Posted 1/21/2013 5:56:35 PM
I didn't even realize that there were "professional" DMC players until I came to this board. What a joke lol. How sad is it to be a "professional" at a single player game series that hardly anyone cares about. Go play League of Legends, Starcraft, Street Fighter, CoD, Battlefield, Halo, etc. if you want people to actually care about how good you are at a video game...and actually win money doing so.

Don't get me wrong, I love challenge. I love that (most) DMC and Ninja Gaiden games have difficulty modes that offer an awesome challenge. But that's not why I play these games lol. I play them to have fun, and a game doesn't have to be challenging to be fun.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#17Megiddo_FlarePosted 1/21/2013 5:56:52 PM
Roger_Bacon posted...
They said the hardcore fans and pro players would find a challenge in this game....they lied.

http://tinyurl.com/aos86v8

Hilarious.
---
WHY SO SERIOUS!? O_o LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! >=] PSN: SHIN_MEGIDDO_X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQi0Mv7kK_E
#18gamer6879403333Posted 1/21/2013 5:57:22 PM
Black Out posted...
This.

There is a challenge for pros. It might not be as much a one as you're used to, but it's there. If the game manages to kill a pro even once, it's challenging. You want an actually easy game, go play Zelda Windwaker or Fable or something. And even more so, your average gamer would probably find this game rather difficult and would die a couple dozen times instead of just a few like for pros.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#19SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 5:58:34 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
Either you go all the way and make it something that'll attract casual, with many unlocks and replay value, or you do something more focused on the hardcore crowd.

DmC stood in the middle, alienating some of the old fanbase, trying to bring in a new one and then trying to bring back those who went away.

The Pokemon anime is a good comparison. Sinnoh was a step above Hoenn and Ash actually knew what he was doing, while Dawn was a rookie and had her hands held.

Unova just tried to do Squirtle/Charizard/Cyndaquil again for the veterans to draw paralels and make Ash act like a rookie to please new fans.

And it sucks.

I understand what you're saying, but I wasn't trying to talk about DmC's qualities or lack of them in this post. I'm looking at it in a strict business point of view. Don't you think it was the right move by the Capcom share holders, I mean, it's always a bet trying to sell products to people, but if I had to bet, I'd say it was the right move.

If it will pay off, we'll only know in a few weeks / months.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#20SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:00:34 PM
Virtue777 posted...
I didn't even realize that there were "professional" DMC players until I came to this board. What a joke lol. How sad is it to be a "professional" at a single player game series that hardly anyone cares about. Go play League of Legends, Starcraft, Street Fighter, CoD, Battlefield, Halo, etc. if you want people to actually care about how good you are at a video game...and actually win money doing so.

Don't get me wrong, I love challenge. I love that (most) DMC and Ninja Gaiden games have difficulty modes that offer an awesome challenge. But that's not why I play these games lol. I play them to have fun, and a game doesn't have to be challenging to be fun.

I also think it's weird that some people see themselves as professional players of these single player games in youtube. But who am I to say they're wasting their time? I wrote a full text about how I think DmC was the right business call in a Gamefaqs message board.
---