For the people who keep complaining that this game is "too easy"...

#121zhaoyun99Posted 1/21/2013 7:15:04 PM
TC, you should play Hard Corps Uprising because that game portrayed how to satisfy both satisfy Casual and Hardcore. It's how you handle the "Easy" mode that can be consider easy enough not to the point completely break the game.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#122devak108Posted 1/21/2013 7:16:33 PM
sworder posted...
DMC is a difficult series for people that like the challenge.

If NT wants to make casual games, go ruin other series and not DMC.

^This big time.
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4#
#123SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:18:16 PM
zhaoyun99 posted...
TC, you should play Hard Corps Uprising because that game portrayed how to satisfy both satisfy Casual and Hardcore. It's how you handle the "Easy" mode that can be consider easy enough not to the point completely break the game.

I'll look for it later, I think you're the third person that mentioned it to me.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#124Kurobuki12Posted 1/21/2013 7:19:56 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
I'm all for difficulty levels, myself, I think that's the best option out there, and certainly the most logical. But you'd be surprised at how many people--typically the "elitists"--get up in arms when the very idea is mentioned.

Dark Souls II is probably the best example. I've seen people argue that a hypothetical "easy" mode should not be included, even though the default difficulty would probably still be present. Supposedly it would "kill the spirit" of the game. Disregarding how the PvP would work, I don't see how it would harm the game's integrity when it would still require the best of its players to truly finish it.

Of course, then you have exceptions like this game, where the highest difficulty level still isn't enough to satisfy the most ardent of players. In that case, what can you do but just shrug your shoulders. You can't satisfy everyone.

A lot of Dark Souls starting difficulty comes from lack of information, hard punishments for not pacing yourself, and learning the combat. Even really cheap stuff like the Capra Demon and the knight for the lower stairway aren't difficult to fight with the right equipment. While stuff like the Hydra and Gaping Dragon are downright pathetic compared to their areas.

A more even curve in difficulty and more direction at the start wouldn't sacrifice dedication on one single layout of the world.
Unless people think a good easy mode is just enemies can't take a hit at all or you're the Hulk.
---
"My Hyper Weapon!"
Gamertag:L0v3rM4n
#125darkdawneePosted 1/21/2013 7:20:48 PM
I think teh game is too FUN personally.
---
i like frogs
#126Dark_EpathyPosted 1/21/2013 7:25:32 PM
Oh, I agree about a loss of integrity across the board. Movies, literature, television, music, video games--pick any one and you'll see the same conflict with numerous examples and parallels. And, though it may not seem it, I'm definitely on the elitist side of things. I love me some dark, cerebral, highbrow entertainment, but it's harder and harder to find it.

Particularly, I love horror movies and video games. But they're definitely in shorter supply because the market for them is dwindling. Or they're watered down. RE6 is a popular example, and, while I actually enjoyed it a lot, I would prefer it had it been made darker and scarier.

I still think, though, that we're getting quality titles out of everything. And I don't believe accessibility is necessarily a bad thing. It's all about execution. We just need creators to be, well, creative.

My two cents? I think there's some pride in the whole elitist scenario, the idea that they're unique. The smaller the number of people who experienced what you have, the greater it is for some of these people.

This I agree with. It's not everyone, certainly, but it's definitely at the heart of it, I think. I mentioned before I love horror. One of my favorite game series is Silent Hill, and you see this a lot. The most fervent of purists seem to be of the mind that enjoying the original games meant you were "better." You were above everyone else if you "got" it. And that type of attitude is definitely there in all media.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#127sneakysnakePosted 1/21/2013 7:30:04 PM
Satisfying both casual and hardcore sides at once is impossible. Ever heard of the statment, "What chasing 2 rabbits at once, don't expect to catch either." In other words, excel at one group and don't halfass it by juggling for 2.
---
PSN: sneakysnake128
#128zhaoyun99Posted 1/21/2013 7:34:55 PM
sneakysnake posted...
Satisfying both casual and hardcore sides at once is impossible. Ever heard of the statment, "What chasing 2 rabbits at once, don't expect to catch either." In other words, excel at one group and don't halfass it by juggling for 2.

There might be a rare case though. Game such as Metal Slug or Hard Cops Uprising might be the case here. In the MS collection , there two option about continues. "Limited" for hardcore or "Unlimited" for new comers much like Hard Corps Uprising Arcade for Hard Core and Rising Mode for Casual.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#129DragknightPosted 1/21/2013 7:56:06 PM
gamer6879403333 posted...
Green_Puff posted...
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

Aww, poor boy never learned to read. Did you grow up homeless and orphaned? Forgotten by the system?

Don't blame him, its fault of the #DEMONS running said orphanage
---
Proud owner of a Wii and PS3
[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Jutouto2/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Jutouto2.png[/img] [/url]
#130TopdrunkeePosted 1/21/2013 8:35:05 PM
I actually agree with the TC for once. (Since I usually do nothing but talk down on everyone LOL!.) He makes a great point and this is also the reason why I have lost interest in most videogames because I'm really not the target audience anymore.
Still, my generation grew up on skill based games so it's disheartening to see this hobby being turned into some electronic baby sitter that plays the games for you and all you have to do is press the awesome button or kids these days just pay their entire allowance on DLC for the epic tiered weapons that kill the entire game with one shot.

I dunno, gaming has changed but not for the better.
From Software, Platinum games, Tekken and yes even Crapcom (They just have the unfortunate habit of packaging their games around **** like Dragon's Dogma and RE6.) are about the only devs who continuously make games that have deep enough play mechanics to keep me interested for long.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoozeAholic