For the people who keep complaining that this game is "too easy"...

#21docman864Posted 1/21/2013 6:02:47 PM(edited)
from a business stand point, I wouldn't even consider it a smart choice. You want best results, you try to satisfy everybody not disregard one group for the majority. We don't even know how dependable this majority group is either and according my experience, they are less informative than your regular gamer.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#22soulegion08Posted 1/21/2013 6:02:12 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
darkdragon_9600 posted...
Either you go all the way and make it something that'll attract casual, with many unlocks and replay value, or you do something more focused on the hardcore crowd.

DmC stood in the middle, alienating some of the old fanbase, trying to bring in a new one and then trying to bring back those who went away.

The Pokemon anime is a good comparison. Sinnoh was a step above Hoenn and Ash actually knew what he was doing, while Dawn was a rookie and had her hands held.

Unova just tried to do Squirtle/Charizard/Cyndaquil again for the veterans to draw paralels and make Ash act like a rookie to please new fans.

And it sucks.

I understand what you're saying, but I wasn't trying to talk about DmC's qualities or lack of them in this post. I'm looking at it in a strict business point of view. Don't you think it was the right move by the Capcom share holders, I mean, it's always a bet trying to sell products to people, but if I had to bet, I'd say it was the right move.

If it will pay off, we'll only know in a few weeks / months.

Yazoo, i made a similar argument in the thread :If you want DmC2 to succeed"

soulegion08 posted...
game developers are not in the business to sell you "fun or challenging". they are there to sell you a product. and when you can make a game that can target a large audience and make you money, that is your intended target if it means making something easier and accessible. Who would pay for frustration and headache? not many people would, so why not create a game that caters to a wider audience yielding a bigger payout. If it means "casualizing" so be it, even though the meaning of this word has been destroyed by the so called "hardcore" players here.

I wish some people would look at this from other points of view, the games arent made for you per say, they are made to make money otherwise they would be free and devs would do whatever they wanted to make it fun. but thats a fantasy world and there are no freebies in this world.

They simply dont listen, is all.
---
PSN:SSoul0
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*
#23SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:12:43 PM(edited)
docman864 posted...
you see, the problem is not because the game is easy, but it's more about not giving the user the alternative to play higher difficulties (the other difficulties aren't even that hard and doesn't require a lot of patience like previous DMCs) when they want the challenge. you need to satisfy both sides, not just one side or simply put, downgrading all difficulty levels to satisfy the casual group. My biggest problem is people like you who is looking for reassurance. All you have to say you like the game and be done with it, so don't try to prove something like you are right about it.

But what you think is easy, lots of casuals feel it's hard. So you can't really say they should put even higher difficulties when the casuals wouldn't even attempt it, it would be a waste of time, in a production cost stand point, to appeal to the small, extremely picky group of Elite DMC players.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#24soulegion08Posted 1/21/2013 6:03:39 PM
docman864 posted...
from a business stand point, I wouldn't even consider it a smart choice. You want best results, you try to satisfy everybody not disregard one group for the majority.

but you can do that because one someone is always gonna be pissed about, why try to capitalize on a small demographic when you can go for the larger one instead and not have to spend so much??
---
PSN:SSoul0
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*
#25BrocknothPosted 1/21/2013 6:03:51 PM
You can jump up and down about "good business" decision all you want in the end you're right it is all about the numbers and Capcom is gonna find out that they made a mistake when they decided to give the old fanbase the finger.
---
"Foolishness Donte, foolishness! No one can have this series. It's mine. It belongs to a true son of Sparda!"
#26docman864Posted 1/21/2013 6:05:21 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
docman864 posted...
you see, the problem is not because the game is easy, but it's more about not giving the user the alternative to play higher difficulties (the other difficulties aren't even that hard and doesn't require a lot of patience like previous DMCs) when they want the challenge. you need to satisfy both sides, not just one side or simply put, downgrading all difficulty levels to satisfy the casual group. My biggest problem is people like you who is looking for reassurance. All you have to say you like the game and be done with it, so don't try to prove something like you are right about it.

But what you think is easy, lots of casuals feel it's hard. So you can't really say they should put even higher difficulties when the casuals wouldn't even attempt it, it would be a waste of time, in a production cost, to appeal to the small, extremely picky group of Elite DMC players.

what is so hard to satisfy both sides?
---
#27CrossRavenPosted 1/21/2013 6:05:52 PM
The whole "it's just business" argument is always hilarious. Why should we care if they profit when a company stops making what we want? When you go casual and alienate your past fans/consumers, and Capcom is one of the biggest offenders of this, you are telling the people that made you your money that you don't mean anything because they can't milk you anymore. In turn, we do not have to care about them either. It's not our fault they don't want our money, so we tell them and speak with our wallets. It goes both ways.
---
"Give me a Y....Give me an R....Give me a Break" - Yuna, Rikku and Paine
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Cross Raven
#28SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:13:52 PM(edited)
docman864 posted...
from a business stand point, I wouldn't even consider it a smart choice. You want best results, you try to satisfy everybody not disregard one group for the majority. We don't even know how dependable this majority group is either and according my experience, they are less informative than your regular gamer.

But you have to allocate resources. You can't please them all because you don't have infinite resources and time to make the game. So they have an X amount of money and they have to appeal to the widest audience possible with that X money. What would you do, try to appeal to the casual market that always was kind of interested in the games but felt they were too hard, or had too much japanese-y plot ("dark soul with liiiiiiight") with those "white haired dudes" (that's what the casual market thinks) or try to appeal to the elite niche group that is stuck with the same number of people circle jerking the combo videos of Brea on youtube? See what I mean?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#29zhaoyun99Posted 1/21/2013 6:09:43 PM
soulegion08 posted...
docman864 posted...
from a business stand point, I wouldn't even consider it a smart choice. You want best results, you try to satisfy everybody not disregard one group for the majority.

but you can do that because one someone is always gonna be pissed about, why try to capitalize on a small demographic when you can go for the larger one instead and not have to spend so much??

One thing that cashcom made a mistake was that they tried to alienate the ESTABLISHED fanbase that supported them for a REALLY LONG TIME since the very first game and it was 12 YEARS AGO. With DAT LARGE yrs of accumulation and you just say "FU" to them in the face and "We don't need you anymore"?
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#30docman864Posted 1/21/2013 6:11:15 PM
I wouldn't be surprised the money they made from DMC4 went into this, so it's understandable why people would go mad. All we want is more challenge, what is wrong about that? You can have all the options you want for casual gamers, but don't downgrade the higher difficulties.
---