For the people who keep complaining that this game is "too easy"...

#41darkestmercPosted 1/21/2013 6:21:15 PM
Very well thought out post SHMYazoo, and I think you hit the nail on the head. I can also appreciate the fact that your post was very well written and spaced, and wasn't filled with jargon.

I would just like to put in my two cents as a long time DMC fan. This game is great. Although I originally hated the idea of the reboot, after playing the first few missions I had a complete change of heart. This game is exciting, fun, had a cheesy Dante (reminiscent of the old Dante), as well as gave us a beautiful world to traverse through in Limbo.
---
PSN: Darkestmerc
Xbox 360 GT: Darkermerc
#42SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:21:33 PM
Brocknoth posted...
Putting the responsibility of "filling the gap" left by disgusted established consumers onto a new wider audience is a STUPID idea. Either you better be peddling something that even the gods themselves will praise or you're screwed. I don't care how many times people say it. Capcom made a mistake and now they're paying for it.

I think you and lots of people here didn't understand my reasoning behind the original post. I'm not saying Capcom should have done this or that it IS the right decision. I'm saying it LOOKS like the right decision from a BUSINESS POINT OF VIEW, trying to appeal to a wider audience to have more profit.

What do you guys think Capcom share holders are? Gamers? They're a bunch of 50~60 years old japanese dudes who don't even know what the **** games are, they go on trips to Ibiza with their millions in their pockets done by the yearly milking of the Street Fighter franchise. Then they have a meeting where they look at numbers and say "hm, let's see what's the age demographic of the DMC audience in the past. Why didn't they sell more? Hmmm, maybe if we appealed to this group more...", then they order a team of developers in their company, or hire a different company to make it with a list of things they want, like "- Appeal to the 14~18 american / european middle class student, your deadline is _____ and you'll have X amount of dollars. Go do some work!" and that's it. They probably don't even know who the **** Dante is.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#43ThunderfuryPosted 1/21/2013 6:24:38 PM
good post OP. don't let the crying and whimpering of the butthurt fanboys get you down.

they're going to be the ones to ruin their own beloved series, just watch... shame that'll be.
#44SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:24:47 PM
darkestmerc posted...
Very well thought out post SHMYazoo, and I think you hit the nail on the head. I can also appreciate the fact that your post was very well written and spaced, and wasn't filled with jargon.

I would just like to put in my two cents as a long time DMC fan. This game is great. Although I originally hated the idea of the reboot, after playing the first few missions I had a complete change of heart. This game is exciting, fun, had a cheesy Dante (reminiscent of the old Dante), as well as gave us a beautiful world to traverse through in Limbo.

Thank you. I also enjoyed the game a lot, despite finding the bosses too easy and the lack of lock on a shame.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#45SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:45:22 PM(edited)
docman864 posted...
not all casual gamers are that casual. They are more competent than you think, so stop belittling that group with your so called assumptions.

I doubt DMC fanbase is small as you think it is.

I'm not belittling them, it's just a fact that the harder something is, the more inaccessible it will be to the masses. Want a simple yet perfect example of this? Look at these websites that track achievements. Do you think it's a coincidence that the harder ones have much less people attempting them (and even less that have achieved them)? This is nothing new, that's why people watch Pro videos of others playing games, because they like to see stuff they can't do, or couldn't come up with on their own, or else THEY would be the ones recording the videos.

Appealing to a wider audience usually is bad for the older fans because they were already fine with what they had, they just wanted minor tweaks at best, or some refinement. They already love the series, so the businessmen think "Why appeal to them? They're already ours."

Like another fellow user stated correctly here, in my opinion, if they announced a DMC5 as a "back to the roots" game that would continue the storyline of DMC4, people who were complaining would buy it, so they haven't completely given up on the franchise.

That's why it was a wise decision to reboot the franchise, it seems like.

Again, if there's going to be a pay off for the share holders, we'll have to wait and see.
---
#46pyro_buntaPosted 1/21/2013 6:33:36 PM
Virtue777 posted...
If you honestly believe that the majority of people who bought DMC4 are "hardcore," then you're extremely delusional. If anything scared away the majority of DMC fans, it's Dante's new look and some of the goofy trailers.

Implying he was not as cuhrayzee as DMC3.

Seriously, what's with all the ****ing lies some of these pros continue to babble a lot!? Hell, there's a good handful of pros that can understand the legitimate complains and issues with the game and everything surrounding it.

Capcom and NT, pls leave. Don't come back here.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#47Kurobuki12Posted 1/21/2013 6:34:23 PM
See, the main problem with that is that DmC in theme is relevant all the way back in the 60s, and just as "outplayed" as older games' themes. Actually much more so in the Western world and considered way more childish when taken seriously.
Hardly a case of modernizing than remaking it to be edgy and crude, rather than intentionally campy.
Now if they went all the way with the reimaging with a depressed emotional Dante to upkeep the realism, I was actually on the side that wanted to like the game for the longest time. Now its just misguided pandering towards everyone, only to divide everyone.
---
"My Hyper Weapon!"
Gamertag:L0v3rM4n
#48pyro_buntaPosted 1/21/2013 6:35:05 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
docman864 posted...
not all casual gamers are that casual. They are more competent than you think, so stop belittling that group with your so called assumptions.

I'm not belittling them, it's just a fact that the harder something is, the more inaccessible it will be to the masses. Want a simple yet perfect example of this? Look at these websites that track achievements.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the harder ones has much less people attempting it (and even less that have achieved it)? This is nothing new, that's why people watch Pro videos of others playing games, because they like to see stuff they can't do, or couldn't come up with on their own, or else THEY would be the ones recording the videos.

Appealing to a wider audience usually is bad for the older fans because they were already fine with what they had, they just wanted minor tweaks at best, or some refinement. They already love the series, so the businessmen think "Why appeal to them? They're already ours."

Like another fellow user stated correctly here, in my opinion, if they announced a DMC5 as a "back to the roots" game that would continue the storyline of DMC4, people who were complaining would buy it, so they haven't completely given up on the franchise.

Again, if there's going to be a pay off for the share holders, we'll have to wait and see.

What is difficulty option.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#49Devilman_AmonPosted 1/21/2013 6:35:23 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
... have you thought about the possibility of you not being the target audience for the game these days

They used this same excuse for Godzilla 98, Dragonball Evolution and King of Fighters live action movie.

Look how those turned out
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#50docman864Posted 1/21/2013 6:36:45 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
docman864 posted...

I'm not belittling them, it's just a fact that the harder something is, the more inaccessible it will be to the masses. Want a simple yet perfect example of this? Look at these websites that track achievements.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the harder ones has much less people attempting it (and even less that have achieved it)? This is nothing new, that's why people watch Pro videos of others playing games, because they like to see stuff they can't do, or couldn't come up with on their own, or else THEY would be the ones recording the videos.

I'm not really asking them to make "everything" harder. I just don't like the fact how "everything" feels much easier.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.