For the people who keep complaining that this game is "too easy"...

#51Ether101Posted 1/21/2013 6:40:40 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
sworder posted...
DMC is a difficult series for people that like the challenge.

If NT wants to make casual games, go ruin other series and not DMC.

But it's not about what I like or you like. It was never about that. It's about the share holders of Capcom wanting profit and making a game for a elite, niche group isn't good for them. They couldn't care less if DMC3 had higher frame rate, they'll only see the numbers. So business decisions like trying to appeal to a wider audience is a good move for them, despite we not knowing if it's a success or a failure in the grand scheme of things so far.

The problem here is that this has nothing to do with the share holders at all. Capcom's president just up and decided one day that DMC wasn't making him enough money in the west despite it being vastly more popular over here and being the highest selling game in the franchise. DMC4 soled anywhere from 2.35 million to 2.7 million units, I doubt that there's that many elite DMC players on the planet. DMC had a nice sized fandom so this whole idea of the elite is nothing but backhanded demonetization.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#52FireMage7777Posted 1/21/2013 6:41:50 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
... have you thought about the possibility of you not being the target audience for the game these days

They used this same excuse for Godzilla 98, Dragonball Evolution and King of Fighters live action movie.

Look how those turned out

This. You don't exclude your base in an attempt to include everyone
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#53soulegion08Posted 1/21/2013 6:43:54 PM
produner posted...
Skipped all of the meaningless text. Games are based on challenge, And a video game developer should always focus on making a game that is fun and up to the standards, more difficulty= more fun; people enjoy challenge more and the industry should encourage players to play on higher difficulties.

I don't know why, but your topic somehow is implying that you want to justify DmC's lack of difficulty to say that the game is better with this level of difficulty and its not on of the cons; in other words overrate the game.

i dont even think that was impled, not only did you skip all the text, which is what you wrote, it seems you only looked at the topic to formulate your response. please read it before actually responding, posts like these do nto contribute to the topic, which imo is a well constructed topic. Im not sure how much you understand of business ethics but it seems you know absolutely nothing.
---
PSN:SSoul0
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*
#54SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:44:23 PM
Thunderfury posted...
good post OP. don't let the crying and whimpering of the butthurt fanboys get you down.

they're going to be the ones to ruin their own beloved series, just watch... shame that'll be.

The elite mindset in games usually end up limiting games a lot, in my opinion. That's why we have lots and lots of cash-in sequels instead of original ideas. Sadly, that's what happens with the Fighting games genre nowadays, for instance. Look at the majority of (not all of them) EVO players and the hardcore Fighting Community, they're so closed to the public and against change that they completely kill off new ideas as soon as they appear in any other fighting games, like Injustice, with the interactivity with the fighting stage.

I mean, new doesn't always mean good but if everyone didn't want change at all, we wouldn't even have half of the things we have. Humanity is what it is because of the drive to change and do something different. Hell, we wouldn't even have the Devil May Cry series in the first place if the guys developing that Resident Evil game didn't feel they could do something brand new and different with what they were doing at the time.

People also need to remember that a new thing doesn't destroy the old one, it's still there, for you to enjoy if you want to.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#55Pesmerga255Posted 1/21/2013 6:45:43 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
... have you thought about the possibility of you not being the target audience for the game these days

They used this same excuse for Godzilla 98, Dragonball Evolution and King of Fighters live action movie.

DBE makes me physically angry every time I'm reminded of it. DmC is a ****ing choir-boy compared to DBE.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#56HappyUnicorn101Posted 1/21/2013 6:48:14 PM
believe it or not and as odd as it sounds, most of the antis have come out and said they would rather have the series die than having this. yes, even though no one if forcing them to buy it.
---
"I really hope you were one of the hundreds of people i curb stomped today" - Typical basement dwellers living through their vidyagames
#57soulegion08Posted 1/21/2013 6:51:03 PM
Ether101 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
sworder posted...
DMC is a difficult series for people that like the challenge.

If NT wants to make casual games, go ruin other series and not DMC.

But it's not about what I like or you like. It was never about that. It's about the share holders of Capcom wanting profit and making a game for a elite, niche group isn't good for them. They couldn't care less if DMC3 had higher frame rate, they'll only see the numbers. So business decisions like trying to appeal to a wider audience is a good move for them, despite we not knowing if it's a success or a failure in the grand scheme of things so far.

The problem here is that this has nothing to do with the share holders at all. Capcom's president just up and decided one day that DMC wasn't making him enough money in the west despite it being vastly more popular over here and being the highest selling game in the franchise. DMC4 soled anywhere from 2.35 million to 2.7 million units, I doubt that there's that many elite DMC players on the planet. DMC had a nice sized fandom so this whole idea of the elite is nothing but backhanded demonetization.

thats not how a company works. if it involves spending and return, those who have put money into said company have as much right as they put in into the company. at most the current president might control a large portion of the company with shareholders who collectively own a portion to total 100%, as to how much each holds I dont know, but the president doesn't hold all the power simply because he is the president.
---
PSN:SSoul0
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*
#58Pesmerga255Posted 1/21/2013 6:51:45 PM
HappyUnicorn101 posted...
believe it or not and as odd as it sounds, most of the antis have come out and said they would rather have the series die than having this. yes, even though no one if forcing them to buy it.

You're such a kawaii little troll.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#59FireMage7777Posted 1/21/2013 6:53:21 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

DBE makes me physically angry every time I'm reminded of it. DmC is a ****ing choir-boy compared to DBE.

Me and a group of friends MST3K'd it. The other two in the theater called us haters; I told them to f*** off
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#60docman864Posted 1/21/2013 6:53:53 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
HappyUnicorn101 posted...

You're such a kawaii little troll.

too young for violent games.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.