For the people who keep complaining that this game is "too easy"...

#61SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:53:59 PM
docman864 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
docman864 posted...
not all casual gamers are that casual. They are more competent than you think, so stop belittling that group with your so called assumptions.

I doubt DMC fanbase is small as you think it is.

I'm not belittling them, it's just a fact that the harder something is, the more inaccessible it will be to the masses. Want a simple yet perfect example of this? Look at these websites that track achievements.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the harder ones has much less people attempting it (and even less that have achieved it)? This is nothing new, that's why people watch Pro videos of others playing games, because they like to see stuff they can't do, or couldn't come up with on their own, or else THEY would be the ones recording the videos.

Appealing to a wider audience usually is bad for the older fans because they were already fine with what they had, they just wanted minor tweaks at best, or some refinement. They already love the series, so the businessmen think "Why appeal to them? They're already ours."

Like another fellow user stated correctly here, in my opinion, if they announced a DMC5 as a "back to the roots" game that would continue the storyline of DMC4, people who were complaining would buy it, so they haven't completely given up on the franchise.

That's why it was a wise decision to reboot the franchise, it seems like.

Again, if there's going to be a pay off for the share holders, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm not really asking them to make "everything" harder. I just don't like the fact how "everything" feels much easier.

And you you're entitled (please don't think I'm trying to troll your or anything because of the use of this word) to not like it. My dream game would have extremely easy difficulty levels for the casuals and ABSURDLY hard ones and I'm not talking about artificial difficulty (raise the damage count and life of enemies), I'm talking about different enemy behaviour altogether, different exclusive areas and etc, but in this post I'm talking about their decision and if it was a dumb or wise decision to take at the moment for the franchise.

I simply stated that we have to understand we, the older DMC fans, are not the target audience for the game, in the first place. We already liked the franchise. We would buy a DMC5 anyway. Hell, most people here who say they "hate Capcom because of this game" (something I find childish, but whatever, it's not the point of this) would buy a DMC5 if it was announced today. And they would buy DLC for it too!

Normally, reboots, be it in films, games or books, are never about the old fans. They're always trying to appeal to a wider audience, no matter how bad or how good they are, otherwise there'd be no point in rebooting it. You know how DC comics and Marvel always reboots their franchises from time to time? That's the same idea.

Is it good for the old fans? Normally not, with a few exceptions. Is it good for them? That's the million dollar question!
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#62produnerPosted 1/21/2013 6:56:28 PM
soulegion08 posted...
produner posted...
Skipped all of the meaningless text. Games are based on challenge, And a video game developer should always focus on making a game that is fun and up to the standards, more difficulty= more fun; people enjoy challenge more and the industry should encourage players to play on higher difficulties.

I don't know why, but your topic somehow is implying that you want to justify DmC's lack of difficulty to say that the game is better with this level of difficulty and its not on of the cons; in other words overrate the game.

i dont even think that was impled, not only did you skip all the text, which is what you wrote, it seems you only looked at the topic to formulate your response. please read it before actually responding, posts like these do nto contribute to the topic, which imo is a well constructed topic. Im not sure how much you understand of business ethics but it seems you know absolutely nothing.

proper games>business ethics. Everything is corrupted and turned into business because of narrow minded people like you.

DMC was successful and an icon because of its gameplay and challenge, and the soul's series is no exception.Casualization is ok, but for a limit. They should encourage players and not limit other players with the forced level of difficulty; that is why there is easy mode, chain combos, easy automatic in DMC3. There is no need to force the players to play difficult games or easy games.
#63FireMage7777Posted 1/21/2013 6:56:43 PM
Remember when some side scrollers made you play the game on the hardest difficulty to actually beat it? Those were the days
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#64docman864Posted 1/21/2013 6:57:11 PM
all Capcom needs to do is announce DMC5. Problem solved.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#65SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:01:48 PM(edited)
produner posted...
soulegion08 posted...
produner posted...
Skipped all of the meaningless text. Games are based on challenge, And a video game developer should always focus on making a game that is fun and up to the standards, more difficulty= more fun; people enjoy challenge more and the industry should encourage players to play on higher difficulties.

I don't know why, but your topic somehow is implying that you want to justify DmC's lack of difficulty to say that the game is better with this level of difficulty and its not on of the cons; in other words overrate the game.

i dont even think that was impled, not only did you skip all the text, which is what you wrote, it seems you only looked at the topic to formulate your response. please read it before actually responding, posts like these do nto contribute to the topic, which imo is a well constructed topic. Im not sure how much you understand of business ethics but it seems you know absolutely nothing.

proper games>business ethics. Everything is corrupted and turned into business because of narrow minded people like you.

DMC was successful and an icon because of its gameplay and challenge, and the soul's series is no exception.Casualization is ok, but for a limit. They should encourage players and not limit other players with the forced level of difficulty; that is why there is easy mode, chain combos, easy automatic in DMC3. There is no need to force the players to play difficult games or easy games.

Dude, it's like complaining about war and how we should have peace. It's not about what we want at the moment. It's about what's happening out there. Complaining on the internet doesn't make Capitalism go away.

You're also forgetting that people have to allocate resources. Unless you want a simple "more enemies, more damage, more health on enemies" in the higher difficulties, it takes time and resource to develop them. "But past games had them", well, past games also had way less backtracking than DMC4 in my opinion, but we ended up with it because they didn't want to spend more money on the development team. Tough luck for us, eh? It's the same thing here. With infinite money and resource I bet lots of bad games could be masterpieces.

Notice I'm not saying DMC4 and DmC are bad, by the way.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#66pyro_buntaPosted 1/21/2013 6:59:09 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
Remember when some side scrollers made you play the game on the hardest difficulty to actually beat it? Those were the days

JUMP JUMP! SLIDE SLIDE!
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#67FireMage7777Posted 1/21/2013 7:00:04 PM
pyro_bunta posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

JUMP JUMP! SLIDE SLIDE!

Megaman 8 <3
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#68BrocknothPosted 1/21/2013 7:00:08 PM
Brocknoth posted...
Putting the responsibility of "filling the gap" left by disgusted established consumers onto a new wider audience is a STUPID idea. Either you better be peddling something that even the gods themselves will praise or you're screwed. I don't care how many times people say it. Capcom made a mistake and now they're paying for it.

I think you and lots of people here didn't understand my reasoning behind the original post. I'm not saying Capcom should have done this or that it IS the right decision. I'm saying it LOOKS like the right decision from a BUSINESS POINT OF VIEW, trying to appeal to a wider audience to have more profit.

What do you guys think Capcom share holders are? Gamers? They're a bunch of 50~60 years old japanese dudes who don't even know what the **** games are, they go on trips to Ibiza with their millions in their pockets done by the yearly milking of the Street Fighter franchise. Then they have a meeting where they look at numbers and say "hm, let's see what's the age demographic of the DMC audience in the past. Why didn't they sell more? Hmmm, maybe if we appealed to this group more...", then they order a team of developers in their company, or hire a different company to make it with a list of things they want, like "- Appeal to the 14~18 american / european middle class student, your deadline is _____ and you'll have X amount of dollars. Go do some work!" and that's it. They probably don't even know who the **** Dante is.

Yes a wider audience can be a good thing but Capcom choose to go about it the wrong way. Either way I'm gonna agree to disagree at this point rather than make it look like I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing.
---
"Foolishness Donte, foolishness! No one can have this series. It's mine. It belongs to a true son of Sparda!"
#69zhaoyun99Posted 1/21/2013 7:00:09 PM
FireMage7777 posted...

The most recent game that kept that spirit was oddly Hard Corps Uprising. Arc never made a shoot them up game like Konami or SNK. Yet, they FREAKING NAILED it with the difficulty. Yet, they decided to added Rising mode for new player while Arcade mode was for hardcore. You see how flexible it was?
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#70Pesmerga255Posted 1/21/2013 7:00:31 PM
FireMage7777 posted...

I remember back when games didn't hold your hand at every possible opportunity.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!