For the people who keep complaining that this game is "too easy"...

#71Kurobuki12Posted 1/21/2013 7:03:59 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
Thunderfury posted...
good post OP. don't let the crying and whimpering of the butthurt fanboys get you down.

they're going to be the ones to ruin their own beloved series, just watch... shame that'll be.

The elite mindset in games usually end up limiting games a lot, in my opinion. That's why we have lots and lots of cash-in sequels instead of original ideas. Sadly, that's what happens with the Fighting games genre nowadays, for instance. Look at the majority of (not all of them) EVO players and the hardcore Fighting Community, they're so closed to the public and against change that they completely kill off new ideas as soon as they appear in any other fighting games, like Injustice, with the interactivity with the fighting stage.

Seriously, Injustice, a licensed Mortal Kombat influenced fighter is the most niche and unappreciated game you can think of?
A game that isn't even out and will give the community only two months to play it?

EVO was never "closed to the public". If anything, the public decided to make a stereotype of the niche and didn't know it existed.
As for the "majority" of players, the player and spectator count is growing more and more. We've gotten new favorites every year recently and people are always trying to get new people in.
What's worse s that games like SFIV, MvC3, and Persona are MADE to appeal to casual audiences, and the genre mostly lost relevance because everyone mostly wanted what they recognized, aka CAPCOM.

In the case of fighters, the casual public IS the one to blame.
---
"My Hyper Weapon!"
Gamertag:L0v3rM4n
#72FireMage7777Posted 1/21/2013 7:04:13 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Remember when some side scrollers made you play the game on the hardest difficulty to actually beat it? Those were the days

I remember back when games didn't hold your hand at every possible opportunity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The beginning is extremely relevant
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#73SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:04:33 PM
Brocknoth posted...
Brocknoth posted...
Putting the responsibility of "filling the gap" left by disgusted established consumers onto a new wider audience is a STUPID idea. Either you better be peddling something that even the gods themselves will praise or you're screwed. I don't care how many times people say it. Capcom made a mistake and now they're paying for it.

I think you and lots of people here didn't understand my reasoning behind the original post. I'm not saying Capcom should have done this or that it IS the right decision. I'm saying it LOOKS like the right decision from a BUSINESS POINT OF VIEW, trying to appeal to a wider audience to have more profit.

What do you guys think Capcom share holders are? Gamers? They're a bunch of 50~60 years old japanese dudes who don't even know what the **** games are, they go on trips to Ibiza with their millions in their pockets done by the yearly milking of the Street Fighter franchise. Then they have a meeting where they look at numbers and say "hm, let's see what's the age demographic of the DMC audience in the past. Why didn't they sell more? Hmmm, maybe if we appealed to this group more...", then they order a team of developers in their company, or hire a different company to make it with a list of things they want, like "- Appeal to the 14~18 american / european middle class student, your deadline is _____ and you'll have X amount of dollars. Go do some work!" and that's it. They probably don't even know who the **** Dante is.

Yes a wider audience can be a good thing but Capcom choose to go about it the wrong way. Either way I'm gonna agree to disagree at this point rather than make it look like I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing.

That's what I was saying. It looks to me a reboot was the right decision, but I won't be sure until the actual numbers are out. if they're bad, it's cause they approached it in the wrong way probably. I, for one, liked the game, but I understand you won't necessarily share my opinion of the game, though I'd prefer if SOME of those that are complaining would stop posting "it's bad because it's bad" and actually try to elaborate something for me to read.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#74produnerPosted 1/21/2013 7:05:41 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
Thunderfury posted...
good post OP. don't let the crying and whimpering of the butthurt fanboys get you down.

they're going to be the ones to ruin their own beloved series, just watch... shame that'll be.

The elite mindset in games usually end up limiting games a lot, in my opinion. That's why we have lots and lots of cash-in sequels instead of original ideas. Sadly, that's what happens with the Fighting games genre nowadays, for instance. Look at the majority of (not all of them) EVO players and the hardcore Fighting Community, they're so closed to the public and against change that they completely kill off new ideas as soon as they appear in any other fighting games, like Injustice, with the interactivity with the fighting stage.

I mean, new doesn't always mean good but if everyone didn't want change at all, we wouldn't even have half of the things we have. Humanity is what it is because of the drive to change and do something different. Hell, we wouldn't even have the Devil May Cry series in the first place if the guys developing that Resident Evil game didn't feel they could do something brand new and different with what they were doing at the time.

People also need to remember that a new thing doesn't destroy the old one, it's still there, for you to enjoy if you want to.

Elite mindset sets high standards for games, look at Street fighter 4, because of the history of competitive and high level play we get a balanced game; you know street fighter could have been a broken games with infinites.

Also i disagree about the evo part. 3d games like tekken, soul caliber, and DOA5 did well and were balanced, they introduced side movement to the traditional 2d fighters. Change should always be done but the quality, balance and "soul" of the game should be there.

About RE, the change was to a casual shooter/action game and it lost its survival horror theme in the process. DMC lost its technical and deep gameplay to appeal to casual players and its an average game in terms of combat, they should have included an easy mode with shortcuts for inputs and encourage players to play at high level.
#75soulegion08Posted 1/21/2013 7:06:12 PM
produner posted...
soulegion08 posted...
produner posted...
Skipped all of the meaningless text. Games are based on challenge, And a video game developer should always focus on making a game that is fun and up to the standards, more difficulty= more fun; people enjoy challenge more and the industry should encourage players to play on higher difficulties.

I don't know why, but your topic somehow is implying that you want to justify DmC's lack of difficulty to say that the game is better with this level of difficulty and its not on of the cons; in other words overrate the game.

i dont even think that was impled, not only did you skip all the text, which is what you wrote, it seems you only looked at the topic to formulate your response. please read it before actually responding, posts like these do nto contribute to the topic, which imo is a well constructed topic. Im not sure how much you understand of business ethics but it seems you know absolutely nothing.

proper games>business ethics. Everything is corrupted and turned into business because of narrow minded people like you.

DMC was successful and an icon because of its gameplay and challenge, and the soul's series is no exception.Casualization is ok, but for a limit. They should encourage players and not limit other players with the forced level of difficulty; that is why there is easy mode, chain combos, easy automatic in DMC3. There is no need to force the players to play difficult games or easy games.

llol? im narrow minded?ok, sure right, says the individual who cant see the fact that, the game industry is there to make money. THAT IS A FACT. at the end of the day, they count up their figures and balance it with their expenditures, to see if they made a profit.

If they could sell your soul to you they probably would if it meant making money. A company is there to make money by selling products, even if it isnt a quality product, that is their job. to sell it. Do you simply think that devs, artists, programmers, directors, do what they do because its fun? or its their passion? while it may be their passion to be creative, their job is to turn such creativity into a career that will pay the bills and put money in their accounts. Its a simple fact of life, money makes the world spin. if you dont have it, you get nothing. If money wasnt an issue, every game would be the best game ever because no one needs the money, and they can get the best artists, the best programmers, the best everything, to make that AAA title.

stop living in your fantasy world where you think games are made for you to have fun.
---
PSN:SSoul0
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*
#76stage4saiyanPosted 1/21/2013 7:08:44 PM
Play Ninja Gaiden, then tell me DMC is hard.
---
PACKER TRACKER: 11-5 Regular Season AARON RODGERS 2011-2012 NFL MVP
XBL: JudasKiss12 PSN: Lionheart2390
#77Ether101Posted 1/21/2013 7:10:12 PM
soulegion08 posted...
Ether101 posted...
The problem here is that this has nothing to do with the share holders at all. Capcom's president just up and decided one day that DMC wasn't making him enough money in the west despite it being vastly more popular over here and being the highest selling game in the franchise. DMC4 soled anywhere from 2.35 million to 2.7 million units, I doubt that there's that many elite DMC players on the planet. DMC had a nice sized fandom so this whole idea of the elite is nothing but backhanded demonetization.

thats not how a company works. if it involves spending and return, those who have put money into said company have as much right as they put in into the company. at most the current president might control a large portion of the company with shareholders who collectively own a portion to total 100%, as to how much each holds I dont know, but the president doesn't hold all the power simply because he is the president.

Except the share holders have nothing to do with the current predicament. If they did then we would have seen articales about it just like we've gotten when stuff like this has happened with EA and Square-Enix.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#78SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:10:12 PM
Kurobuki12 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
Thunderfury posted...

Seriously, Injustice, a licensed Mortal Kombat influenced fighter is the most niche and unappreciated game you can think of?
A game that isn't even out and will give the community only two months to play it?

EVO was never "closed to the public". If anything, the public decided to make a stereotype of the niche and didn't know it existed.
As for the "majority" of players, the player and spectator count is growing more and more. We've gotten new favorites every year recently and people are always trying to get new people in.
What's worse s that games like SFIV, MvC3, and Persona are MADE to appeal to casual audiences, and the genre mostly lost relevance because everyone mostly wanted what they recognized, aka CAPCOM.

In the case of fighters, the casual public IS the one to blame.

I didn't say Injustice was the one suffering injustice (hah! I had to say it!). It was just an example. I know EVO is growing every year, but it's an expected growth that isn't as substantial as the big businessmen would strive for. I think the fighting community is absurdly elitist and fighting games with a BIG focus on low frames and stuff like that will end up killing it in the long run, like it happened for a while before Street Fighter IV revitalized it. My opinion, though, take it as you will. I understand your point of view, though I disagree with it.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#79produnerPosted 1/21/2013 7:11:23 PM
soulegion08 posted...
produner posted...
soulegion08 posted...
produner posted...
Skipped all of the meaningless text. Games are based on challenge, And a video game developer should always focus on making a game that is fun and up to the standards, more difficulty= more fun; people enjoy challenge more and the industry should encourage players to play on higher difficulties.

I don't know why, but your topic somehow is implying that you want to justify DmC's lack of difficulty to say that the game is better with this level of difficulty and its not on of the cons; in other words overrate the game.

i dont even think that was impled, not only did you skip all the text, which is what you wrote, it seems you only looked at the topic to formulate your response. please read it before actually responding, posts like these do nto contribute to the topic, which imo is a well constructed topic. Im not sure how much you understand of business ethics but it seems you know absolutely nothing.

proper games>business ethics. Everything is corrupted and turned into business because of narrow minded people like you.

DMC was successful and an icon because of its gameplay and challenge, and the soul's series is no exception.Casualization is ok, but for a limit. They should encourage players and not limit other players with the forced level of difficulty; that is why there is easy mode, chain combos, easy automatic in DMC3. There is no need to force the players to play difficult games or easy games.

llol? im narrow minded?ok, sure right, says the individual who cant see the fact that, the game industry is there to make money. THAT IS A FACT. at the end of the day, they count up their figures and balance it with their expenditures, to see if they made a profit.

If they could sell your soul to you they probably would if it meant making money. A company is there to make money by selling products, even if it isnt a quality product, that is their job. to sell it. Do you simply think that devs, artists, programmers, directors, do what they do because its fun? or its their passion? while it may be their passion to be creative, their job is to turn such creativity into a career that will pay the bills and put money in their accounts. Its a simple fact of life, money makes the world spin. if you dont have it, you get nothing. If money wasnt an issue, every game would be the best game ever because no one needs the money, and they can get the best artists, the best programmers, the best everything, to make that AAA title.

stop living in your fantasy world where you think games are made for you to have fun.

That is why you have a narrow mind. I stated already that most people look for money first, that is a simple mindset and off point. Example: compare call of duty to other dedicated game developers that made proper games like soul's series and look at bioshock infinite. Money is essential for every studio but that doesn't mean dumping the gameplay and quality because its happening with the marketing.
#80SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:14:18 PM
stage4saiyan posted...
Play Ninja Gaiden, then tell me DMC is hard.

You know, I agree with that. I never thought of DMC as "that hard game", just the stylish one of the hack n' slash games. Maybe that's why I didn't care for the lack of difficulty in some moments in this game, like most boss fights.

Ninja Gaiden was seriously unforgiving.
---