I do not understand the story complaints....

#61darkslayer001Posted 1/21/2013 10:12:57 PM(edited)
hyperknees91 posted...
Simply put, it took itself too seriously (which is especially wierd considering the opening).

DMC was a silly, hammy story that doesn't take itself seriously ever...it's meant to be entertaining and lead you into the next stage and nothing more.

They are two different styles, you can prefer one or the other =p

actually it was pretty confusing, one point it was never serious and then dead serious. NT was probably appealing to both flavors i guess....another problem i find with NT: they are not really sure of wat they want to present. Its like they throw all the ideas that appeals to many people without cohesion. I would appreciate NT more if Capcom forced them into adding Vorgil and the final mission, which idk if they did or not
#62PrismsbladePosted 1/21/2013 10:12:37 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
Prismsblade posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
Geoboi posted...
The scene where Kat is shot and Dante can't do anything and tries to grab her hand...that scene alone beats ANYTHING the previous DMC games had to offer.

too bad it doesnt make up for the mediocre VA, horrible dialogue, and trying to hard to be edgy/cool...
The one thing NT nailed with DmC is bringing the western vibe into this game. Just becuz it had the western feel the critics pretty much bought into it. But objectively thinking it had many problems with this game that cannot be covered up by a few tidbits of good scenes like the ones with Phineaus and Kat getting shot....
and honestly even with pixelated graphics of DMC3 final battle had more emotion than DmC.

The VA is done quite well actually, dont know what games you play to think otherwise.

I may be baised with the VA part since Reuben langdon's VA is stuck in my head, but wat i meant with medicore is on level with the current games.

By current game standered this is as the very most good, and very least decent.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#63Squishy5Posted 1/24/2013 5:33:20 PM
Prismsblade posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
Prismsblade posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
Geoboi posted...
The scene where Kat is shot and Dante can't do anything and tries to grab her hand...that scene alone beats ANYTHING the previous DMC games had to offer.

too bad it doesnt make up for the mediocre VA, horrible dialogue, and trying to hard to be edgy/cool...
The one thing NT nailed with DmC is bringing the western vibe into this game. Just becuz it had the western feel the critics pretty much bought into it. But objectively thinking it had many problems with this game that cannot be covered up by a few tidbits of good scenes like the ones with Phineaus and Kat getting shot....
and honestly even with pixelated graphics of DMC3 final battle had more emotion than DmC.

The VA is done quite well actually, dont know what games you play to think otherwise.

I may be baised with the VA part since Reuben langdon's VA is stuck in my head, but wat i meant with medicore is on level with the current games.

By current game standered this is as the very most good, and very least decent.
Sorry, but the guy who voices Dante isn't very good and neither is the person who voices Vergil. The best voice actor in the game is probably Mundus. Dante and Vergil give a very average performance for being the star characters.
#64MoonBoundPosted 1/28/2013 11:26:13 PM
Dantes and virgils voice is petty top notch for a video game I do not what yiu guys expect the issue here is not the story its the fact you cannot make story choices or be an anti hero type gamers are spoiled and usually cannot appreciate a linear story where your not kratos the only thing I noticed is dantes close up facial expressions do not always seem fitting.
#65mad_hax_manPosted 1/29/2013 4:03:07 AM
darkslayer001 posted...
hyperknees91 posted...
Simply put, it took itself too seriously (which is especially wierd considering the opening).

DMC was a silly, hammy story that doesn't take itself seriously ever...it's meant to be entertaining and lead you into the next stage and nothing more.

They are two different styles, you can prefer one or the other =p

actually it was pretty confusing, one point it was never serious and then dead serious. NT was probably appealing to both flavors i guess....another problem i find with NT: they are not really sure of wat they want to present. Its like they throw all the ideas that appeals to many people without cohesion. I would appreciate NT more if Capcom forced them into adding Vorgil and the final mission, which idk if they did or not

I don't have a lot experience with previous NT games, but with DmC i feel the problem is that NT are trying to write a serious story based on a camp series. Even when previous DMC's tried to add a bit of drama and emotion to their stories, it was usually done in such a excessive and exaggerated fashion that it still fitted well in the camp, fun universe of DMC . Part of DmC's problem is that is caught in between the two. If NT and Capcom cut of all ties to the main series, and went all out with something similar to the grindhouse like game seen in the original trailer, it could have come out as a much more consistent game.
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#66Narugarex13Posted 1/29/2013 7:56:57 AM
DMC1: Dante's "LIIIIIGHT" scene (hence Devil May Cry)

DMC2 (be generous people): Lucia and Dante's parting conversation. (Hence, again, Devil May Cry)

DMC3: "Even a devil may cry when they lose someone they love-" (Hence, yet again, Devil May Cry)

DMC4: "KYRIEEEE!!!" (erhm.... nice one Nero. Hence, yet again YET again, Devil May Cry)

DmC: F*CK YOU. (O_e) the heck?

DMC's Dante have always known his lineage. True, he threw cheesy one liners and joke about things in every single possible moment but that's what makes him such a memorable character. Dante knows what he is, but he never understood why his father and brother (ergo himself) is more powerful than even Mundus (at least not at the start of his "real" journey, i.e. DMC3's start.).

By the end of DMC4, Dante embraced humanity near (if not) completely, entrusting what is probably his only memento of Vergil to another demon hybrid; Nero. i.e. he must've known his true source of strength. A DEFINED hero.

DmC shows a lot of character traits and what not, but even in the end dante doesn't even know what he is anymore. Seriously? you trash talk all the way but in the end you don't know what you are?

that lack of resolution is what crippled DmC's story... it lacks any real identity. So yeah, we know Eva is now and angel, but why can't dante even make up his mind that he is a "nephilim" or whatever whatchamacallit the term is? why can't NT just ensure that the protagonist knows what he is but doubt SOMETHING else. Why is there no tearful event when the freaking title is devil may CRY? >_> NT couldn't stick to the main theme that is the title of the game.....