Is DMD available for a new game?

#11DRX777Posted 1/22/2013 8:50:08 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
I haven't reached DMD yet, so I have to ask. Does DMD have the enemies carrying over their increased numbers and increased aggression they have on SOS? Or do they go back to Nephilim numbers and aggression but with DMD stats? I like the increased aggression and enemy count, so I think I would actually prefer SOS more if DMD removes that.

It's SoS enemy placement. In fact, a few times, I've thought the DMD arrangements are easier (stuff like swapping out a Shield Witch for 4 Perfect Stygians. Like. OK. They'll take me longer to kill, but a Shield Witch is much harder to deal with, so thanks.)
---
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
http://www.rockband.com/users/Dark_Raven_X
#12revanninjaPosted 1/22/2013 8:50:32 AM
GoreGross posted...
No if you beat Nephilim you unlock Son of Sparda mode then when you beat that it unlocks Dante Must Die Then Heaven or Hell and finally Hell or Hell.

Not sure if you need to beat it on Nephilim may only need to beat it on any start diffculty but I dont recommend going from Human to SoS mode.

Eh, I'm sure I'll be fine.

No you wont.
I have started my SoS play it changes enemies drastically on the first level alone I ran into 3 frost knights with shields in the area that introducd the Bathos. That was a pain I had like 3 frost 3 bathos and 2 ravagers in a small area kept on trying to kill the bathos so I can Buy in and torando the frosts but the enemies werent having it.

SoS really steps up from Nephilim in AI speed and formations. Its not hard if you beat Nephilim but it is jarring. Still wailled into the hunter like a pimp got SSS on him and never lost it.

Enemies in SoS are a serious pain in the new formations until i get use to them. Unfortunately play time is small College life and all that.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#13gamer6879403333Posted 1/22/2013 8:54:10 AM(edited)
DRX777 posted...
It's SoS enemy placement. In fact, a few times, I've thought the DMD arrangements are easier (stuff like swapping out a Shield Witch for 4 Perfect Stygians. Like. OK. They'll take me longer to kill, but a Shield Witch is much harder to deal with, so thanks.)

But you didn't answer if the game still throws a higher number of enemies at you like SOS did. I have to admit, the enemy count is more important then aggression (although if the DMD enemies are "friendlier", I won't like it as much).
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#14DRX777Posted 1/22/2013 8:54:25 AM
DRX777 posted...

But you didn't answer if the game still throws a higher number of enemies at you like SOS did. I have to admit, the enemy count is more important then aggression.

It's a higher number of enemies with the same level of aggression. It's just the arrangements are different yet again, and sometimes it's easier than on SoS, imo.

Most of the times, not. There's one part that throws a Shield Witch and 2 Dreamrunners at ya. D:
---
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
http://www.rockband.com/users/Dark_Raven_X
#15Hades192Posted 1/22/2013 8:55:12 AM
I haven't reached DMD yet, so I have to ask. Does DMD have the enemies carrying over their increased numbers and increased aggression they have on SOS? Or do they go back to Nephilim numbers and aggression but with DMD stats? I like the increased aggression and enemy count, so I think I would actually prefer SOS more if DMD removes that.

In think DMD is it's own enemy waves per area. Lots of colored enemies!

Hell and Hell is SoS enemy waves but you die from one hit while they don't.

These two modes are fun to play!
#16GoreGross(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:55:56 AM
From what I've played and seen, I can say that SOS won't be a challenge for me personally. I'm not putting you down or anything, but I've actually played portions of the game on that difficulty, including the demo. Evidence is supported by just about every other DMC vet on this board, and DMC isn't even the hardest game I've ever beat.
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#17gamer6879403333Posted 1/22/2013 8:58:56 AM
GoreGross posted...
From what I've played and seen, I can say that SOS won't be a challenge for me personally. I'm not putting you down or anything, but I've actually played portions of the game on that difficulty, including the demo. Evidence is supported by just about every other DMC vet on this board, and DMC isn't even the hardest game I've ever beat.

Who said SOS will be a major challenge? I just said I don't want DMD lowering enemy numbers and aggression... Meaning I want the enemies to be at least as numerous and aggressive on DMD as they are on SOS. That doesn't paint me as someone afraid of challenge does it?
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#18revanninjaPosted 1/22/2013 9:02:10 AM
GoreGross posted...

You are talking to a DMC vet here I have beaten every DMC on DMD mode at least. So I have to say the whole SoS is so EASY line is BS the game steps up diffculty maybe not as much as DMC3 does but at least comparable to DMC4 and DMC1 in step up.

You run into High end Demons very early I was for example running into Elite Stygians on mission 1. They also place alot of the huge ground covers like Ravagers in Small arena so you cant get away easily. You have to rework alot of how you are going to fight enemies because the Nephilim ways arent going to work easily.

Example Frost Knights now have shields Aquila which was OP for them is now useless until you get their shields off with Orsis.

So Speaking as a Vet of DMC 1 2 3 4 all on DMD mode SoS is not easy like people keep on saying.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#19gamer6879403333Posted 1/22/2013 9:06:34 AM
revanninja posted...
So Speaking as a Vet of DMC 1 2 3 4 all on DMD mode SoS is not easy like people keep on saying.

I would agree. It wasn't the most difficult thing in the world, but it definitely had to put on my "serious face" a few times.
---
#20sworderPosted 1/22/2013 9:09:09 AM
revanninja posted...
You are talking to a DMC vet here I have beaten every DMC on DMD mode at least. So I have to say the whole SoS is so EASY line is BS the game steps up diffculty maybe not as much as DMC3 does but at least comparable to DMC4 and DMC1 in step up.

You run into High end Demons very early I was for example running into Elite Stygians on mission 1. They also place alot of the huge ground covers like Ravagers in Small arena so you cant get away easily. You have to rework alot of how you are going to fight enemies because the Nephilim ways arent going to work easily.

Example Frost Knights now have shields Aquila which was OP for them is now useless until you get their shields off with Orsis.

How many times did you die?