Forbes magazine proves to be better than gaming journalism when talking games.

#1john_freeman69Posted 1/22/2013 4:41:19 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/01/22/upset-dmc-fans-are-entitled-because-thats-what-we-call-people-who-complain-about-video-games/
#2AshernedPosted 1/22/2013 4:42:07 PM
Erik Kain, huh? This is the same guy who was also on the side of the Mass Effect 3 ending haters.
#3Dabrikishaw15Posted 1/22/2013 4:42:14 PM
Nice read.
---
Fact: all fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.
http://i.minus.com/ixGBrDD4hclHn.gif
#4GoreGrossPosted 1/22/2013 4:42:35 PM
Erik Kain, huh? This is the same guy who was also on the side of the Mass Effect 3 ending haters.

I like this guy.
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#5LoshadtPosted 1/22/2013 4:43:03 PM
Based Kain.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#6john_freeman69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 4:45:54 PM
Asherned posted...

He said it was stupid for people to lump people who don't like the ending as entitled.

Then a bunch of gaming journalists raided his twitter, and he shut them all down using reason.

He likes games like Dragon Age 2, but that doesn't mean he will call people entitled or insult people who disagree with him. If anything, he will defend that person's right to say what they want.
#7produnerPosted 1/22/2013 4:54:38 PM
I approve of this. Finally, someone uses logic and reason instead of being a sheep that follows the stereotype white knights that defend the game blindly by insulting the fanbase.
#8zhaoyun99Posted 1/22/2013 4:55:24 PM
He's more neutral than I think. BTW, the term "Game Journalist" basically NEVER EXISTS in my book since they are basically like us consumers. The only difference was that they were paid to blind other people eyes. They used EXTREMELY LAME excuse just like the troll to attack the fanbase such as this game. Some guys like this guy or Alphaomegasin who was truly passionate about gaming can tell you guys an honest review or their feeling and give the credit when they are due. Now, the only true reviewer in the gaming world will always be yourself. Nothing more or less.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#9john_freeman69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 4:56:47 PM
zhaoyun99 posted...
He's more neutral than I think. BTW, the term "Game Journalist" basically NEVER EXISTS in my book since they are basically like us consumers. The only difference was that they were paid to blind other people eyes. They used EXTREMELY LAME excuse just like the troll to attack the fanbase such as this game. Some guys like this guy or Alphaomegasin who was truly passionate about gaming can tell you guys an honest review or their feeling and give the credit when they are due. Now, the only true reviewer in the gaming world will always be yourself. Nothing more or less.

I agree with you.

Although it becomes a problem when this:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/15/obsidian-missed-fallout-new-vegas-metacritic-bonus-by-one-point/

happens.
#10embittererPosted 1/22/2013 5:00:07 PM
Now all you need is a strong argument.

Good luck.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.