Forbes magazine proves to be better than gaming journalism when talking games.

#71sneakysnakePosted 1/22/2013 11:55:21 PM
Detha posted...
All I can read in that criticism of Other M is a lot of entitlement.

The real problem was the gameplay. **** sucked.

"You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya
---
PSN: sneakysnake128
#72Malus_X6Posted 1/22/2013 11:56:03 PM
Detha posted...

"You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

You killed my father.

Prepare to die.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#73KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/22/2013 11:57:35 PM
sneakysnake posted...
Detha posted...

Inconceivable!
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#74DethaPosted 1/23/2013 12:03:03 AM

"Anyone who conducts an argument by [usin' a quote frm some1 else] is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Taneem Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#75DesulatedPosted 1/23/2013 12:05:28 AM
Gaming journalism is more or less a joke nowadays as you're basically paid to express an opinion that appeases your employer. Basically, if your employer happens to take bribes, you just have to make up crap about how the game is good and vice-versa.

For those who want an example of an honest journalist receiving the pink slip, the incident where a Gamespot reviewer got fired for giving Kane and Lynch game a low score should fulfill it.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
League of Legends username: Lati0s
#76DethaPosted 1/23/2013 12:10:20 AM(edited)
And how was I entitled? Entitled would be if I bashed it because "they didn't give us the right Samus, they ruined the personality we created for her".

I wasn't talking to you. You didn't really state criticism of the game, so your posts didn't logically follow my declaration. I was talking to the people who bashed it because Samus' creator didn't give them the Samus they wanted.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Taneem Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#77KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/23/2013 12:14:14 AM
Detha posted...
And how was I entitled? Entitled would be if I bashed it because "they didn't give us the right Samus, they ruined the personality we created for her".

I wasn't talking to you. You didn't really state criticism of the game, so your posts didn't logically follow my declaration. I was talking to the people who bashed it because Samus' creator didn't give them the Samus they wanted.

Ah, I see. I was the only one who posted actual thoughts on the game, so I thought you meant me.

My bad.

But yeah, I think it was a decent game. I'm not saying it was amazing, or that it deserves 9/10 despite some glaring issues like... damn, what game was that again? I could've sworn a game like that just came out...
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#78DethaPosted 1/23/2013 12:16:34 AM(edited)
I would give the game a big, fat, chicken-nugget-looking 6, for being bland as hell, but looking decent for the console it's on. The whole "aim at the screen" aspect was obtuse, and there really was no excuse for it.
---
#79pigboyPosted 1/23/2013 12:25:57 AM
john_freeman69 posted...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/01/22/upset-dmc-fans-are-entitled-because-thats-what-we-call-people-who-complain-about-video-games/

Wow..... I am late to the party already! One of the best if not the BEST review I read for DmC and I am so daxn suprised it is from Forbes. It said everything I want to say about the whole silly DmC reboot & the ugliness of so call "video game journalism". Well written!
#80AshernedPosted 1/23/2013 12:40:45 AM
Enough about Other M. This is a DmC board, so let's get back to DmC.

That said, Erik Kain is a hack and shouldn't even be writing about video games. He writes for Forbes, for God's sake. Let's see some financial articles instead.