Finished the MGR demo. it was awesome. but i have to say...

#51BillysanPosted 1/23/2013 9:48:17 PM(edited)
Steve_Teddie posted...
Steve_Teddie posted...
Rising is like holding a orgasm in your hands.

DmC is like holding diarrhea in your hands.

I'm going to go out on a limb here.

I've bet you've held many orgasms in your hands.

And I bet you've held a great deal of diarrhea in your hands.

Well that was neither original, funny, nor did it make sense. Best of luck with your orgasm holding, as you claim, Mr. Biillysan.

You can't physically hold a orgasm, diarrhea you can. It makes more sense.

And by orgasm are you referring to a women, *****, or honestly anything because orgasm in your case could be literally anything.

And yes I will enjoy Rising.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#52ShengaliPosted 1/23/2013 9:46:29 PM
The combat comparison is indeed ridiculous. People are doing it because of Kamiya, which is silly in itself. That's like saying Viewtiful Joe should be compared to DMC. No, no it shouldn't. Those two games, like DmC and MGR, are completely different games down to a fundamental level. For example, grunts die fast because that's the style (also stealth insta-kills reinforce this) ala NG, while DmC grunts are made to last to combo ala Bayo & DMC. In MGR you stop moving when fighting next to the enemy, instead letting your attacks move you, so you only need to move the stick when you wish to parry (ala dodges and ducks in Viewtiful Joe). Until I fully grasped that simple concept I was having a horrible time with the demo and died quite a lot. After I embraced that idea? Was parrying like a madman.

The reason DmC doesn't get a free pass and is harassed for its combat is because of it's name. It is NO new IP, it is a DMC game - the series that started the stylish action genre. It has the name, it has a reputation to live up to. Whether or not it succeeds is why there's fighting (NOTE: I'm not picking a side here) constantly on this board, and is a subject for another time.Before the "MGR isn't a new IP!" - Yes it is. It is Metal Gear Rising, not Metal Gear Solid.

Sorry for pointing out the obvious, but some people still don't grasp that. MGR is an action strand, much like Acid is a card based one, whereas MGS is a stealth title. And yes, another was announced and the fighting stopped. Much like what would happen here if a DMC5 was announced, but again: for another time.
#53ResidentGear31Posted 1/23/2013 9:47:36 PM
Billysan posted...
Steve_Teddie posted...
Steve_Teddie posted...
Rising is like holding a orgasm in your hands.

DmC is like holding diarrhea in your hands.

I'm going to go out on a limb here.

I've bet you've held many orgasms in your hands.

And I bet you've held a great deal of diarrhea in your hands.

Well that was neither original, funny, nor did it make sense. Best of luck with your orgasm holding, as you claim, Mr. Biillysan.

You can't physically hold a orgasm, diarrhea you can. It makes more sense.

And yes I will enjoy rising.

Youre the one who originally said it. So now holding Rising is akin to holding nothing?

So now the correct analogy is:

Holding Rising = nothing
Holding DMC = holding substance

Substance > nothing
#54BillysanPosted 1/23/2013 9:52:53 PM(edited)
ResidentGear31 posted...

Youre the one who originally said it. So now holding Rising is akin to holding nothing?

So now the correct analogy is:

Holding Rising = nothing
Holding DMC = holding substance

Substance > nothing

I never made an analogy. It was a metaphor.

Nor did I say a orgasm was nothing.
---
#55BillysanPosted 1/23/2013 10:18:58 PM
ResidentGear31 posted...
Billysan posted...
ResidentGear31 posted...

MGR combat seems broken up at the moment. You can ninja run in circles around the fodder enemies and mash attack. Waiting and baiting parrys slow combat. Its basically stand still until royal guard. The quick time kills and blade run kills where its like youre waving a lightsaber while having a seizure seems gimmicky.

I am still buying this game day one as i love every Platinum and MG game but its combat doesnt seem to hold a candle to dmc, bayo, and ng atm.

Sounds like you don't know how to connect any of the moves together.

Yes i do. You press square or triangle a lot to auto combo.

I don't just mean the basic triangle and square attacks. You clearly don't know how to use the ninja run, blade mode, parries, and basic attacks in conjunction with each other.

Which is why you say all of it seems broken up.
---
#56pyro_buntaPosted 1/24/2013 12:39:37 AM
Sasukefire posted...
DmC is like white bread. It tastes good at first. But then it's just decent. It should have had more to go with it. Why just bread?

http://i.imgur.com/eypY5.jpg
---
...for Tony Redgrave...