First Week Sales (Japan)

#21MoreFunThanTVPosted 1/23/2013 8:19:03 AM
So that's only 121,295 together? Geez that's pretty bad...

Also keep in mind that it only sold a third of DMC4's shorter first week in the UK, going by vgchartz DMC4's first week sales in all of Europe (no UK alone for some reason) were 184,648 so a third of that is roughly only 61,549 so all together based on my completely inaccurate sales figures and vgchartz based maths it has sold 182,844 copies in the UK and Japan together (actually it's probably less than that considering my UK number to get the third of DMC4's sales counted all of Europe).

Yep only 182,844 so that means the US and the rest of the world need to sale 1,817,156 copies to reach Capcoms 2 mil sold goal O.O

At most I expect the sales to double which will only be 365,688 copies sold which is a serious sales failure. Even if you triple it that's still only half a million...
#22BlackHadouPosted 1/23/2013 8:21:30 AM
Oh, this game hitting a million would require a resurgence miracle at some point. I don't see people suddenly looking back and thinking "This is a awesome game, why didn't we buy it?". It also doesn't have the word of mouth on its side.
---
"Ware wa Sanger Sombold. Aku o Tatsu Tsurugi Nagi!"
The last thing Evil hears before it is Cleaved in two.
#23deathpapayaPosted 1/23/2013 8:28:45 AM
Darth_Elusive posted...
DMC3 is supposed to be the greatest of all and DmC a piece of junk, at least according to some haters, and former was only doing 58% better than the latter? I was expecting DMC3 1st week sales to totally decimate that of DmC.

DMC3 came after 2.

I don't blame anyone for not picking it up day one after that disaster.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#24AiddonPosted 1/23/2013 8:29:48 AM
BlackHadou posted...
Oh, this game hitting a million would require a resurgence miracle at some point. I don't see people suddenly looking back and thinking "This is a awesome game, why didn't we buy it?". It also doesn't have the word of mouth on its side.

The only time I've seen games have a resurgence past their opening months is the various Mario games and Smash Bros. Other than that, most games don't have legs. And this was selling like crap in a month with NO competition
#25BlackHadouPosted 1/23/2013 8:31:28 AM
As I said, it would need a miracle. Post opening month comebacks are pretty much exclusively Nintendo's domain.
---
"Ware wa Sanger Sombold. Aku o Tatsu Tsurugi Nagi!"
The last thing Evil hears before it is Cleaved in two.
#26MoreFunThanTVPosted 1/23/2013 8:32:05 AM
Darth_Elusive posted...
DMC3 is supposed to be the greatest of all and DmC a piece of junk, at least according to some haters, and former was only doing 58% better than the latter? I was expecting DMC3 1st week sales to totally decimate that of DmC.

Sales don't always match the quality of a product though, if that's the case then Okami, Beyond Good & Evil, Psychonauts and God Hand are all trash and CoD is the best game ever created.
#27gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 8:33:54 AM
deathpapaya posted...
DMC3 came after 2.

Oh of course, the beloved DMC3 has a perfect excuse to explain why it didn't do that well, but DmC doesn't do well merely because it's bad... To an antis mind, anyway.

DMC3 doesn't do well: Well, i-it had a good... Reason. It's DMC2's fault!

DmC doesn't do well: Of course it didn't the game is AWFUL, and the blame is at its own feet!

Stay classy with the double standards guys. It's doing wonders for your credibility.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#28rockman11_zPosted 1/23/2013 8:35:17 AM
MoreFunThanTV posted...
Darth_Elusive posted...

Sales don't always match the quality of a product though, if that's the case then Okami, Beyond Good & Evil, Psychonauts and God Hand are all trash and CoD is the best game ever created.

Agree. It's just that Capcom is expecting DmC to sell millions of copies.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#29deathpapayaPosted 1/23/2013 8:35:43 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
deathpapaya posted...
DMC3 came after 2.

Oh of course, the beloved DMC3 has a perfect excuse to explain why it didn't do that well, but DmC doesn't do well merely because it's bad... To an antis mind, anyway.

DMC3 doesn't do well: Well, i-it had a good... Reason. It's DMC2's fault!

DmC doesn't do well: Of course it didn't the game is AWFUL, and the blame is at its own feet!

Stay classy with the double standards guys. It's doing wonders for your credibility.

DMC3 did fine: http://i5.minus.com/iXEp1Da1tNbdD.png

Just not on Day one, word of mouth had to spread for the people that were burnt by 2.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#30abdouPosted 1/23/2013 8:38:43 AM
DmC is a very big change from previous DMC games heck it's a freaking reboot, so yes it's fair to blame it for its bad sales

DMC3 was a direct sequel to DMC2 and people always punish the sequel if they don't like a game, for example Metal Gear Solid 3 sold like crap compared to MGS2 even though it is much more loved, that is because people hated MGS2
---