First Week Sales (Japan)

#31Darth_ElusivePosted 1/23/2013 7:46:15 AM
deathpapaya posted...
Darth_Elusive posted...
DMC3 is supposed to be the greatest of all and DmC a piece of junk, at least according to some haters, and former was only doing 58% better than the latter? I was expecting DMC3 1st week sales to totally decimate that of DmC.

DMC3 came after 2.

I don't blame anyone for not picking it up day one after that disaster.

Some of you are just interpreting the sales numbers any way you please.

The most common posting I see on this board are: DMC3 is the greatest, DMC4 is not as good or mediocre at best, DmC is a piece of junk.

Yet, you guys highlight the low sales of DmC, which is supposedly a piece of junk but the great DMC3 was doing "only" 58% better. Then you come in to say that's because DMC2 was a disaster. On the other hand DMC4 which is supposedly mediocre at best, exceeded DMC4. And I can say for you, that's because people had high expectation from DMC3 which was awesome.

Yet, no one is saying the low sales of DmC because it has been hated by so-called hard core fans since it was officially announced by Capcom.

Haters are just haters ,there is no rationality in them.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#32rockman11_zPosted 1/23/2013 7:49:53 AM
Darth_Elusive posted...
deathpapaya posted...
Darth_Elusive posted...
DMC3 is supposed to be the greatest of all and DmC a piece of junk, at least according to some haters, and former was only doing 58% better than the latter? I was expecting DMC3 1st week sales to totally decimate that of DmC.

DMC3 came after 2.

I don't blame anyone for not picking it up day one after that disaster.

Some of you are just interpreting the sales numbers any way you please.

The most common posting I see on this board are: DMC3 is the greatest, DMC4 is not as good or mediocre at best, DmC is a piece of junk.

Yet, you guys highlight the low sales of DmC, which is supposedly a piece of junk but the great DMC3 was doing "only" 58% better. Then you come in to say that's because DMC2 was a disaster. On the other hand DMC4 which is supposedly mediocre at best, exceeded DMC4. And I can say for you, that's because people had high expectation from DMC3 which was awesome.

Yet, no one is saying the low sales of DmC because it has been hated by so-called hard core fans since it was officially announced by Capcom.

Haters are just haters ,there is no rationality in them.

Let me ask you this. Why do you think DmC has low sales numbers?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#33gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 8:00:47 AM(edited)
rockman11_z posted...

Because antis spread by word of mouth that the game was an abomination that is worse then Superman 64 and Big Rigs Racing. Other, less hardcore gamers caught wind of that word of mouth and chose to stay away.

DmC is failing in sales because of people like the antis and this board. A loud and vocal minority are what killed it. Which I'm sure will give you guys such an ego stroke that I wouldn't be surprised if your pants are around your ankles after reading that.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#34Myst-VearnPosted 1/23/2013 7:56:51 AM
it does not matter "why" it's selling badly, that is irrelevant. The game bombed and that's good enough for me!

now I just need next month's NPD numbers..if amazon.com is any indication the game sold terribly in USA
---
PSN: methedemon GT: methedemon
#35W_RDADPosted 1/23/2013 7:57:24 AM
everyone says black ops 2 sucks compared to op1, ops 2 didnt get kill. stop talking please
#36rockman11_zPosted 1/23/2013 7:58:06 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
rockman11_z posted...

Because antis spread by word of mouth that the game was an abomination that is worse then Superman 64 and Big Rigs Racing. Other, less hardcore gamers caught wind of that word of mouth and chose to stay away.

DmC is failing in sales because of people like you and this board. A loud and vocal minority are what killed it. Which I'm sure will give you guys such an ego stroke that I wouldn't be surprised if your pants are around your ankles after reading that.

Why me? I don't bash this game....( I'm getting it for PC).:)
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#37deathpapayaPosted 1/23/2013 8:00:50 AM(edited)
gamer6879403333 posted...
rockman11_z posted...

DmC is failing in sales because of people like you and this board. A loud and vocal minority are what killed it. Which I'm sure will give you guys such an ego stroke that I wouldn't be surprised if your pants are around your ankles after reading that.

I didn't do any of that but it'd warm my heart if it was true.

The more likely answer is just that the market doesn't care much about character action games and DMC anymore.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#38gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 8:00:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#39Darth_ElusivePosted 1/23/2013 8:19:56 AM
methedemon posted...
it does not matter "why" it's selling badly, that is irrelevant. The game bombed and that's good enough for me!

now I just need next month's NPD numbers..if amazon.com is any indication the game sold terribly in USA

This is one of the why's.

Low sales can be attributed to many things, of course. Negative words of mouth from people who never played the game is just one of the reasons. Back logs from the holiday season, gamers are broke from buying games last month, expectation of another hack and slash (MGRR), change in taste, being a bad product itself, poor marketing by publisher, etc.

I think DmC is not a bad product at all. Game play is solid, story is well told, graphics is decent. It is up to you to interpret why it is not selling well.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#40ejshinPosted 1/23/2013 8:54:02 AM
Have to say though, this is probably Ninja Theory's best opening week.
---
Those that do not understand satire are often those subject to it