First Week Sales (Japan)

#41fifinamboPosted 1/23/2013 9:59:43 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
rockman11_z posted...
Let me ask you this. Why do you think DmC has low sales numbers?

Because antis spread by word of mouth that the game was an abomination that is worse then Superman 64 and Big Rigs Racing. Other, less hardcore gamers caught wind of that word of mouth and chose to stay away.

DmC is failing in sales because of people like the antis and this board. A loud and vocal minority are what killed it. Which I'm sure will give you guys such an ego stroke that I wouldn't be surprised if your pants are around your ankles after reading that.

Mmmm feed me your tears
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#42Rising_shadowPosted 1/23/2013 10:01:51 AM
DmC is failing in sales because of people like the antis and this board. A loud and vocal minority are what killed it.

As opposed to the virulent RE6 haters that bemoan the abomination the series became despite the fact that RE6 has sold around 4 million copies anyway despite their virulent word of mouth hatred.

Short version : Excuses blah blah haters blah blah.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#43deathpapayaPosted 1/23/2013 10:02:14 AM
ejshin posted...
Have to say though, this is probably Ninja Theory's best opening week.

By a pretty large margin too iirc.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#44megamaticsPosted 1/23/2013 10:03:05 AM
rockman11_z posted...

Because antis spread by word of mouth that the game was an abomination that is worse then Superman 64 and Big Rigs Racing. Other, less hardcore gamers caught wind of that word of mouth and chose to stay away.

DmC is failing in sales because of people like the antis and this board. A loud and vocal minority are what killed it. Which I'm sure will give you guys such an ego stroke that I wouldn't be surprised if your pants are around your ankles after reading that.

You say that as if it is something I feel bad about...Word of mouth is the most powerful tool for selling games and if we generally carry the opinion that there are better games then people will see that opinion more greatly.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#45SephirothDZXPosted 1/23/2013 10:03:55 AM
Just like the UK, it debuted at #1 but fell noticeably short of its predecessor.

Heck, the second week for DMC1 almost beats DmC's first week in Japan.
#46gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 10:05:44 AM
fifinambo posted...
Mmmm feed me your tears

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4653720279_db6547d91a_o.png
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#47RayconPosted 1/23/2013 10:08:55 AM
rockman11_z posted...

Well, good. Hopefully this'll be a lesson to NT and Capcom before they decide to piss on their fanbase.

Happy to see consumers still have power in this market after all. Now if only we could get rid of bad DLC practices...
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#48pkmastah15Posted 1/23/2013 10:15:29 AM
Rising_shadow posted...
DmC is failing in sales because of people like the antis and this board. A loud and vocal minority are what killed it.

As opposed to the virulent RE6 haters that bemoan the abomination the series became despite the fact that RE6 has sold around 4 million copies anyway despite their virulent word of mouth hatred.

Short version : Excuses blah blah haters blah blah.

People will always find excuses to blame others when they're just fanboys that can't accept reality for ****.

But nope, the world is too cruel for them.
#49KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/23/2013 10:17:40 AM
I remember a few months ago when people told the anti's "no one cares, you're a minority, the game will succeed no matter what you do".

Now that game is failing and we're suddenly important enough to be the reason it is failing...

Clear some room guys, we don't want anyone to crash into anything with all this backpedaling going on.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#50RayconPosted 1/23/2013 10:27:16 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Clear some room guys, we don't want anyone to crash into anything with all this backpedaling going on.

XD
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ