First Week Sales (Japan)

#61GiratinalgaPosted 1/23/2013 1:18:01 PM
W_RDAD posted...
everyone says black ops 2 sucks compared to op1, ops 2 didnt get kill. stop talking please

I haven't heard anyone say that. In fact, that's kinda dumb, because aside from the server issues, Black Ops 2 is the funnest CoD I've played since 4.
---
PSN: julito427 (Hellsing) Currently playing: SSFIV AE, BB:CS2, Pokemon Black, MvC3
SSFIV: Oni, Cody, Yun
#62ReliusCloverPosted 1/23/2013 1:27:38 PM
Coming from Japan - a country were half the young people are afraid of the opposite sex, relationships and some even resort to marrying Nintendo DS's - I'm not surprised by the sales results, in fact.
---
- Father of the Year Award recipient -
#63ShengaliPosted 1/23/2013 1:34:34 PM(edited)
Kung_Fu_Fighter posted...
Giratinalga posted...
That's actually REALLY good.

It is. =) My guess was 120k.

Those who think these numbers are "bad" are in serious denial and know nothing of the Japanese game market. Comparing sales today with games released 5-8 years ago is laughable. By that logic, DMC4 is a commercial failure compared to DMC1 launch sales, which we know isn't true.

If you would calculate the decline of the gaming market in 2013 with the sales of DMC4, that figure would not be higher today than it was in 2008.

And yet the gaming industry was up 85 million (or was it billion?) for 2012 as compared to the previous year. One of the only things that were up with this economy. Let's be real: there is definite money in gaming or new things wouldn't be popping up multiple times a year.

@Gamerlong#

You seem like you're seriously trying to get under people's skin. I don't know whether to put you on ignore, or antagonize the crap out of you.

1) Stop lumping people together. Anti's didn't send the death threats, one person did. Anti's didn't "metabomb", a small group did (look at the number of reviews and tell me that's how many "anti's" exist). Me? Now you'll label me an anti - and I'm not. Your generalizations just annoy me.

2) Contradict yourself less. First anti's are a minority, that is somehow important enough to collapse the sales for this game whereas a few weeks ago anti's weren't even enough to matter. You didn't say that? Wow, generalizations DO suck!

There's probably more, but I've seen in other posts/threads that you're more stubborn than I am, and I don't feel like wasting any more of either of our time.
#64StrelokPosted 1/23/2013 1:34:24 PM
I like how the word "haters" gets flung around by people who outright ignore any flaws the game has and pass off gaming journalism as flawless.

Excuse me, I'm going to weep for humanity.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#65darkdragon_9600Posted 1/23/2013 1:36:29 PM
I like how the word "haters" gets flung around by people who outright ignore any flaws the game has and pass off gaming journalism as flawless.

Excuse me, I'm going to weep for humanity.

Here's a tissue :(

*hands tissue*
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#66KaliestoPosted 1/23/2013 1:41:48 PM
.……………………….„~"ŻŻŻ”~„
.……………………..„”. (_). . . . .\
.……………………..|. . . . . . . . .|
.………………„-~^”Ż”-„. . . . . . .„”
.……………„-”::::::::::::”~-----~^„………………_¸„„„_
.………….„”:::::::„^””””””~„:::::::::”-„…………„-“. . . . .”-„
.………..„”:::::::„”. . . . . . .”~„:::::::”~„…….|. . . . . (_).\
.………„”:::::::„”. . . „--~~--„_.”-„::::::::Ż”~-„„\. . . . . . . „”
.……../::::::::/. .Ż„-“;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”^-„”~„::::::::::::”~„„„„„„-~”
.……/::::::::/. “„-”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Ż"-„”~---„„„„_:::::::”„
.…../:::::::/.„-“;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”-„. . . .”):::::::'|
…./:::::::/”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„”. . . „”:::::::„”
.../:::::::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„-“Ż._'. „”::::::„”
.ƒ:::::::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;(“. . . „”:::::::„”
'|:::::::ƒ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Ż**"„”::::::„”
|:::::::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„”:::::::„”
|:::::::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„”:::::::„”
|:::::::|„;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„”:::::::„”
|:::::::|.\__;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„”::::::„”
|:::::::|Ż”\:;Ż”^-„;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'„”:::::':„” LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMBLLLEEE!!!!!!!!!!
'|:::::::|-„.\:;:;:;:”-„;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;ƒ:::::::„”
.|:::::::|. . \:;:;:;:;:”„;¸„¸;;;;;;;;;„~~|::::::„”
.'|:::::::\. . \:;:;:;:;:;:\;|:;”-„;;;;;\. . |:::::'{
..“„:::::::”~„”-„:;:;:;:;:”:;:;:;:”„;;'|. .’|::::::\
.…”~„:::::::Ż”~„~--„:;:;:;:;:;|;;ƒ. .'|:::::::|
.'……..”~„::::::::Ż”^~-„~-„_|;;/_. ƒ::::::'|
…………..”~-„_::::::::ŻŻ””~'Ż-~”::::::'ƒ
.…………….…Ż”~-„_:::::::::::::::::„-”
………………………..Ż””^~~~~^”
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord