The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

DmC sold 1/2 of DMC4 in Japan first week and 1/3 of DMC4 in UK first week

#1deathpapayaPosted 1/23/2013 7:19:55 AM(edited)
Victory?

Also in Japan atleast I'm pretty sure DMCHD was more profitable, seeing as how it sold between 1/3 or 1/2 of DmC (was like 40-50k first week iirc) and was probably dirt cheap to make.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#2FireMage7777Posted 1/23/2013 7:15:47 AM
Yes
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
Turtle pie is amazing
#3wwinterj25Posted 1/23/2013 7:16:27 AM
Depends if Capcom decide to do DMC 5 or not. Until then we must fight this plague! *goes to play DmC*
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#4Pesmerga255Posted 1/23/2013 7:16:53 AM
U haterz R just graspin' at strawz!

DmC iz a success more then DMC and U kno it LAWL!
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#5BlackHadouPosted 1/23/2013 7:19:14 AM
No offense, but numbers or, this being the internet, I have to assume your lying. Though I believe you are roughly correct. This game is doing nowhere near as well as the suits apparently were expecting.

Sheesh, shielding myself from the internet hype may not have been the best idea after all.
---
"Ware wa Sanger Sombold. Aku o Tatsu Tsurugi Nagi!"
The last thing Evil hears before it is Cleaved in two.
#6deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:27:46 AM(edited)
BlackHadou posted...
No offense, but numbers or, this being the internet, I have to assume your lying. Though I believe you are roughly correct. This game is doing nowhere near as well as the suits apparently were expecting.

Sheesh, shielding myself from the internet hype may not have been the best idea after all.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-21-uk-chart-dmc-devil-may-cry-horns-its-way-to-top-spot

Launch week sales for DmC Devil May Cry were just a third of the amount that previous entry Devil May Cry 4 sold during its launch week in 2008.

That's despite DmC having an extra three days on sale - it launched last Tuesday, compared to Devil May Cry 4's Friday launch, the traditional day that new video games hit shop shelves in the UK.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509575

http://i5.minus.com/iXEp1Da1tNbdD.png
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#7BlackHadouPosted 1/23/2013 7:24:05 AM
Thank you.
---
#8hoagie727Posted 1/23/2013 7:25:53 AM
I honestly don't understand what makes you guys think that Capcom will not mess up DMC 5 even if it does happen.

With the direction they have been going in lately with their franchises you actually think they will make the game up to your expectations?

I don't.
#9FireMage7777Posted 1/23/2013 7:31:23 AM
All we need now to absolutely confirm this game's failure is US #'s. Hmm, my 1.2 million total sales prediction might be way off in the long run
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
Turtle pie is amazing
#10BlackHadouPosted 1/23/2013 7:35:17 AM
Wow, you were even more optimistic then me, and I thought I was optimistic.

Also, if Capcom screwed up DMC5, so be it. They screw up. At least Capcom's the one failing here. Ninja Theory is a developer with a proven track record of mediocrity, and their Shakespearean stories (sorry to jump on that fad, I apologize) were all outsourced and they deserve little to none of the credit anyway. Heck, I hear Enslaved was released pretty much broken game-play wise, so Ninja Theory may be worse then I give them credit for.

The decision to outsource DmC to Ninja Theory was wildly unpopular among the fans from the get go. DmC is just a long string of questionable at best decisions that culminate in a game that has the potential to be good but falls well short of it.
---