DmC sold 1/2 of DMC4 in Japan first week and 1/3 of DMC4 in UK first week

#11deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 8:38:28 AM
Heavenly sword was good.

Enslaved was okay.

Mediocrity is too strong imo, they're a good developer, but combat has never been their strong suit, both enslaved and heavenly sword were simple and easy.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#12rockman11_zPosted 1/23/2013 8:39:51 AM
I just hope that this will send a message to Capcom that a lot of gamers do not prefer the reboot. It's a decent game no doubt but I prefer them making DMC 5 by the creators of DMC 3/4.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#13FireMage7777Posted 1/23/2013 8:40:45 AM
BlackHadou posted...
Wow, you were even more optimistic then me, and I thought I was optimistic.

Also, if Capcom screwed up DMC5, so be it. They screw up. At least Capcom's the one failing here. Ninja Theory is a developer with a proven track record of mediocrity, and their Shakespearean stories (sorry to jump on that fad, I apologize) were all outsourced and they deserve little to none of the credit anyway. Heck, I hear Enslaved was released pretty much broken game-play wise, so Ninja Theory may be worse then I give them credit for.

The decision to outsource DmC to Ninja Theory was wildly unpopular among the fans from the get go. DmC is just a long string of questionable at best decisions that culminate in a game that has the potential to be good but falls well short of it.

My predictions were actually banking on high international sales, especially in Europe. I'm a little miffed I might be off in #'s...but happier that the game is bombing hard
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
Turtle pie is amazing
#14BlackHadouPosted 1/23/2013 8:43:07 AM
Banking on Europe may not be the best idea in the long run. My understanding is that game sales have been declining there for a while, and as someone else pointed out somewhere around here DmC actually had no competition in its release week in Europe, so its not hard for it to top the charts.
---
"Ware wa Sanger Sombold. Aku o Tatsu Tsurugi Nagi!"
The last thing Evil hears before it is Cleaved in two.
#15gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 8:46:55 AM
Why people want this to fail, I have no idea. Some kind of fanboy righteous fury? Wanting it to fail because they personally don't like it and things they don't like deserve to be crushed? Thinking that Capcom will actually continue DMC5 if this fails (it will just make them drop DMC in any form altogether)? It failing in sales makes their constant pathetic whining look justified because "it failed to sell well so obviously our hate was justified after all"?

No matter the reason, I can't think of a single one that isn't petty or entitled or pathetic. Which really doesn't say anything good about the people hoping for it.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#16FireMage7777Posted 1/23/2013 8:49:56 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
Why people want this to fail, I have no idea. Some kind of fanboy righteous fury? Wanting it to fail because they personally don't like it and things they don't like deserve to be crushed? Thinking that Capcom will actually continue DMC5 if this fails (it will just make them drop DMC in any form altogether)? It failing in sales makes their constant pathetic whining look justified because "it failed to sell well so obviously our hate was justified after all"?

No matter the reason, I can't think of a single one that isn't petty or entitled or pathetic. Which really doesn't say anything good about the people hoping for it.

If they wanted to make DMC5 they would've done so. The whole "Hey if this game does well they might make DMC5" bit is a horrible fallacy
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
Turtle pie is amazing
#17deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 8:50:48 AM
I hope they just let the franchise RiP.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#18hoagie727Posted 1/23/2013 8:52:09 AM
Yeah,

How would the anti's feel if the game bombs and Capcom chooses to not make any more DMC games.

The antis would be a major reason for that happening if it occurred.
#19rockman11_zPosted 1/23/2013 8:53:14 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...

--Bang!!! Fanboy righteous fury? Hehehhehehe.......

Real talk, I guess a lot of DMC players don't trust NT and Capcom's decisions about this game.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#20BlackHadouPosted 1/23/2013 8:55:17 AM
Capcom I'd trust to do passably on a sequel, since I assume it knows better then to do a repeat of DMC2 if it kept it in house. I'd prefer DMC3/4's devs to work on it, though.

Ninja Theory, on the other hand, has a track record of undersellers and broken games. A good story only makes up for so much, and DmC doesn't even have that behind it, unlike Ninja Theory's other games.
---
"Ware wa Sanger Sombold. Aku o Tatsu Tsurugi Nagi!"
The last thing Evil hears before it is Cleaved in two.